Deleted
    Hey guys!
    I hope I doesn't break any rules but I have a question regardless to DotA2 and camera movement.

As I am LoL nerd and just downloaded DotA I have an issue to play with moving camera with arrows, using skills on QWER and whatsover.
    I'd like to know if there is any chance to set up camera move by moving cursor to the screen edge and center view on champ by using [space]. I know I can double click on portrait to jump to my champion tho but it taking more time :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    Hey guys!
    I hope I doesn't break any rules but I have a question regardless to DotA2 and camera movement.

As I am LoL nerd and just downloaded DotA I have an issue to play with moving camera with arrows, using skills on QWER and whatsover.
    I'd like to know if there is any chance to set up camera move by moving cursor to the screen edge and center view on champ by using [space]. I know I can double click on portrait to jump to my champion tho but it taking more time :/
    Nobody actually uses arrow keys to move camera. There's options for screen edge scrolling and a hotkey for focusing your own hero, but you can also just bind your hero into a control group and double tap that key for fast selection/focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Nobody actually uses arrow keys to move camera. There's options for screen edge scrolling and a hotkey for focusing your own hero, but you can also just bind your hero into a control group and double tap that key for fast selection/focus.
    Adding to that

I switched from LoL to Dota as well, and I found it to be a big help to bind "select hero" to spacebar to center the camera on myself easily
    This can all be done in the options easily. I'd recomment going trough all the tabs and playing around a little bit
    Turning off auto attack also eases you into the game a little better since the default settings make your hero attack all the time, even if you stand still
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    Cheers for responds. Gonna dig some more than I used to in options

Right found it ;D Under "Game" menu. I was sure it's in "Controls"
    Last edited by mmocde5d4873a0; 2013-04-15 at 11:53 PM. Reason: i'm dumb ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    No, I mean what do you want to do with the IAS and survivability in the game. What purpose does it fulfill in the game for your Juggernaut? Of course I understand that you want IAS and STR if you buy Power Treads, that's a given. I was wondering what are you going to use it for and how it benefits Juggernaut. Stat discussion is useless for just that reason. If you are not saying what you are going to use it for, it's just random numbers that says nothing.

For example, I usually go Orchid on Queen of Pain if I can get it early because it allows me to pick off heroes solo. Queen of Pain is a hero that requires a good start so she can snowball out of control. Orchid helps with that. It also gives me the regeneration to be able to stay on the map instead of going back to base after every gank because Queen of Pain is quite mana intensive. Now, it does make me squishy, hence why I prefer to only get it if I can get it early. Else I prefer more defensive items like BKB, Linken's or Hex to give me some stats. If I want to go farm/right click mode, I usually go MoM, Daedlus, Divine. MoM allows me to flash farm jungle. Daedlus because it gives me probably the most DPS in fights. You see? I have a purpose with my items. That is what I want you to tell me. What does Power Treads do for your hero and your style?
    What do I want to do with IAS and survivablity for juggernaut?Be able to last longer in fights and have higher dps.Why do you think this needs some deep answer,you say yourself ''Else I prefer more defensive items like BKB, Linken's or Hex to give me some stats'' yet you said stat discussion is useless?
    Anyways if you think stat discussion is useless there's no point to go on with this,cause I disagree with this too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    What do I want to do with IAS and survivablity for juggernaut?Be able to last longer in fights and have higher dps.Why do you think this needs some deep answer,you say yourself ''Else I prefer more defensive items like BKB, Linken's or Hex to give me some stats'' yet you said stat discussion is useless?
    Anyways if you think stat discussion is useless there's no point to go on with this,cause I disagree with this too.
    You want more DPS in fights you say. Drums gives you more DPS in fights. How does IAS give you more DPS as Jugger compared to the stats Drums give? The movement speed also gives you DPS. Like if you want more DPS, why wouldn't you go for an item that actually gives you more DPS? And how does PT give more more survivability in fights compared to Drums?

I could elaborate on BKB, Linken's or Hex but they were just examples. I go one of them depending on what I am facing and what I want to accomplish. You see?

Also, for a certain hero, all stats don't have the same stat weight. IAS is not as valuable as movement speed for Juggernaut early game.

Buy armlet on every heroic for immediate success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Buy armlet on every heroic for immediate success.
    wisp armlet rox.
    And i don't really understand why jugger needs PT, i mean, you already have MS (from Phase Boots), you can get stats from bracer (which is cheaper and jugger don't need switching stats on PT) and IAS, even if you want to build it on him, there is too much other items which work much better than PT (mjollnir, assault cuirass, raw hyper, drums, hand of midas)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-04-16 at 02:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    Hey guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Adding to that

I switched from LoL to Dota as well, and I found it to be a big help to bind "select hero" to spacebar to center the camera on myself easily
    This can all be done in the options easily. I'd recomment going trough all the tabs and playing around a little bit
    Turning off auto attack also eases you into the game a little better since the default settings make your hero attack all the time, even if you stand still
    Most people dont use arrowkeys to move camera, you either click on minimap then drag or cursor edge-pan. DotA is still a RTS game even though you only control a single hero most of the time, so learn how to do it fast.

Hotkey to select your hero is F1, F2 to F4 should work if it obeys war3 classic default keybind, but I dont play meepo so I'm not sure. Personally, I bind my hero as number one (ctrl+1) as it was how I played warcraft 3 way back.

I wouldnt want to turn off auto attack if I were you. Sometimes it helps auto attacking during juking, esp. if you are ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's not.Your test seems nice at first but it doesn't account for the difference in gold.You didn't scale the stats of the boots from 1400 gold to 1725g.
    Scale the stats? What the hell are you smoking? Treads give 30 IAS and 8 to a selected stat. Drums give 9 to all stats, 5% IAS and ms aura, and an additional 10% IAS and ms aura for several seconds on use. Counting the 9 agility, it's 24 total IAS on demand and just shy of an extra phase boots bonus ms as well, plus it builds from cheap items and benefits your entire team.

Dude, I think people are going out of their way to be nice to you, but it's like talking to a brick wall. You are wasting gold and being stupid by buying Power Treads when you don't need/can't use the move speed bonus; Drums gives you everything you want from treads, and more, and isn't "wasted" gold.

Juggernaut does not need IAS for the first 30 minutes of the game, just ms and enough mana to ensure he can always use his skills. By time it's 45 minutes in, you're getting the IAS you want from items like Butterfly, Assault Cuirass, or maybe even Mjollnir.

Now, you could get Power Treads instead of Phase Boots, but I don't think that's a smart move, either.

You get more HP from Drums. IAS is not a damage stat for Juggernaut for the first half of the game - virtually all of your kills will come from Bladestorm and Omnislash damage, neither of which scale with IAS. By time the game gets to the point where Bladestorm and Omnislash aren't gibbing the enemy team (you should win before this happens, btw), you're building big items like Butterfly, Manta Style, and Abyssal Blade for your damage, anyway.

EDIT: You might also consider Armlet. While Juggy doesn't get the +25 damage from the strength on use, he still gets the HP and still benefits from everything else it provides, and the entire thing can be built from the side shop except for the recipe.

Juggy moves at 360 with Phase Boots. Activate them and he moves at 418. With boots and drums, he moves at 378. With boots and drums activated, he moves at 499. Add in a Yasha for an extra 10% ms and you're moving at 522 ms (that's max ms), probably while magic immune.

MOVEMENT SPEED IS THE MOST VALUABLE STAT FOR JUGGERNAUT FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE GAME. BUYING POWER TREADS AFTER YOU BUY PHASE BOOTS DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR MOST VALUABLE STAT, AND BY TIME IAS BECOMES A USEFUL AND DESIRED STAT, THERE ARE MUCH BETTER ITEMS.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-04-16 at 06:27 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

i think we get the Phase > Treads part but slow down on the MS being the most valuable stat for Jugg there.

Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    i think we get the Phase > Treads part but slow down on the MS being the most valuable stat for Jugg there.
    but all he needs to be relevant till endgame is MS, since his main source of damage through all of the early to mid game is Blade Fury.
    Ergo, MS is most valuable to him, not to mention phaseboots+Blade Fury is a realiable escape aswell.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-04-16 at 04:08 PM.

no matter how fast you are, you can't do anything without HP. It also depends on what heroes are on your team and what heroes are on the other team. If the only thing he's got is MS, I'd rather have another hero on my team that can be much more productive.

Boots of Travel are meta boots for DotA2 and should be purchased by nearly every hero at some point in the game, if it lasts long enough. For heroes, they trade in their early game boots for BoT after 4 or 5 core items, heroes like Juggernaut should probably make it one of their first purchases.

So, really, this whole argument is pointless because phase boots and power treads are both awful on Jugg and he should have just rushed BoT with that amount of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until the game hits the point where Bladestorm ceases to virtually instagib enemy supports, move speed is undeniably the best, most valuable stat for Juggy. You don't really need much HP - an urn or a drums is plenty. You're magic immune with bladestorm, omnislash makes you completely invulnerable for a few seconds, and healing wards mean you don't really need to focus on regen, either.

If you have 522 move speed at the right stage of the game, you can take every single outer tower and they can't do a damn thing about it. Healing ward keeps creeps and teammates healthy, and if they try to fight it, you just bladestorm in with your permanent haste rune and get free gold, maybe following up with an omnislash if there are people still left alive.

Also, you should've had first blood unless you're retarded - if you have basically any kind of stun or disable you will get first blood. Buy boots with that gold, continue farming enemy heroes when they return to lane. Push out the lane, drop a healing ward, take a tower, rotate to other lanes, repeat. Juggy's really strong in pubs. Just get move speed and enjoy the free gold.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got out of a game, my top and bot lane fed 24 kills before 10 minutes, I really don't understand, I tried ganking too, and it worked, but they just couldn't handle it. Oh and their zeus was acting all pro cause he stole so many kills haha, at least his team hated him too.

Deleted
    My team just signed up for the JoinDOTA open. We have two competent players, not including me (fortunately one of these is our mid). Wish us luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Until the game hits the point where Bladestorm ceases to virtually instagib enemy supports, move speed is undeniably the best, most valuable stat for Juggy. You don't really need much HP - an urn or a drums is plenty. You're magic immune with bladestorm, omnislash makes you completely invulnerable for a few seconds, and healing wards mean you don't really need to focus on regen, either.

If you have 522 move speed at the right stage of the game, you can take every single outer tower and they can't do a damn thing about it. Healing ward keeps creeps and teammates healthy, and if they try to fight it, you just bladestorm in with your permanent haste rune and get free gold, maybe following up with an omnislash if there are people still left alive.

Also, you should've had first blood unless you're retarded - if you have basically any kind of stun or disable you will get first blood. Buy boots with that gold, continue farming enemy heroes when they return to lane. Push out the lane, drop a healing ward, take a tower, rotate to other lanes, repeat. Juggy's really strong in pubs. Just get move speed and enjoy the free gold.
    Healing Ward doesn't heal you much if you don't have any HP. Without HP you can just get right clicked while bladestorming. Enemy supports usually stand somewhere you can't get to them quickly, how can you instagib them by having low HP and running in to bladestorm? Many skills also go through magic immunity, running around everywhere doesn't do anything.

And Jugg also doesn't guarantee any first blood, yes, even if you're not retarded. Get MS on Jugg and win games, lol, biggest joke I've heard really. With a quick check, I see that you only had 1 game at 'very high' skill level so I guess it works differently at lower levels. But no, MS on Jugg doesn't guarantee you anything. And if we're only talking about low level pubs then well, you can get anything on Jugg and still own.
    Last edited by OscaR; 2013-04-16 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing Ward doesn't heal you much if you don't have any HP. Without HP you can just get right clicked while bladestorming. Enemy supports usually stand somewhere you can't get to them quickly, how can you instagib them by having low HP and running in to bladestorm? Many skills also go through magic immunity, running around everywhere doesn't do anything.

And Jugg also doesn't guarantee any first blood, yes, even if you're not retarded. Get MS on Jugg and win games, lol, biggest joke I've heard really. With a quick check, I see that you only had 1 game at 'very high' skill level so I guess it works differently at lower levels. But no, MS on Jugg doesn't guarantee you anything. And if we're only talking about low level pubs then well, you can get anything on Jugg and still own.
    Anyone with a decent stun or root and Juggy gets you first blood at level 1, every time, guaranteed, because there's nothing you can do about it except stay very close to your tower.

If this doesn't work at "very high" or whatever land of make believe you live in, it's because you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Anyone with a decent stun or root and Juggy gets you first blood at level 1, every time, guaranteed, because there's nothing you can do about it except stay very close to your tower.

If this doesn't work at "very high" or whatever land of make believe you live in, it's because you're doing it wrong.
    It doesn't work, and if it does your enemy does it wrong.