Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Like I pointed out, in my last solo queue game I was in a team with a level 51 where they had a level 1. The most players in their team were well below my level (which is 17) with the only exception of one player being 21. In my team, I was the lowest level where the rest was above level 20 and like I said, someone of 51. Why should you lose a game or have a losing streak simply because the matchmaking decides to fuck you over?

So if you're going to be a smart ass about stuff and point things out, at least make sure you are talking about the same thing as I am and not respond to something I have said before which is totally unrelated to what you quoted.
    Levels still dont matter AT ALL when it comes to how good people are. You can be level 50 with 0 wins. If you are in the normal bracket then people who start the game for the first time and picks "Very Experienced" will most likely have a higher MMR than you.

Levels and wins are not an indication of a players MMR in any way shape or form.

Why should you lose a game or have a losing streak simply because the matchmaking decides to fuck you over?
    it doesn't fuck you over

you are placed against people which the algorithm calculates as being at the same level of skill as you

this does not have anything at all to do with wins, levels or win percentage

do you have anything at all to back up your claims about the MM-system being "fucked up" other than anecdotal evidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    it doesn't fuck you over

you are placed against people which the algorithm calculates as being at the same level of skill as you

this does not have anything at all to do with wins, levels or win percentage

do you have anything at all to back up your claims about the MM-system being "fucked up" other than anecdotal evidence?
    So it's random. Thanks for clearing that up.

And jeesh, I don't know. Perhaps all these logs of games where I either get placed with or play against low levels who consistently feed and don't really have a general idea on what to do (which you can see in replays/scoreboard)? It doesn't take a genius to see that something is off.

Sorry, you can say whatever you want, but dota's matchmaking sucks balls. You do not simply put together first time players with those who have over hundreds of hours of playtime simply because they clicked a button "I r Skillzed". Or atleast, I'm assuming they aren't that stupid.

And jeesh, I don't know. Perhaps all these logs of games where I either get placed with or play against low levels who consistently feed and don't really have a general idea on what to do (which you can see in replays/scoreboard)?
    so that's a no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    so that's a no?
    Pull your head out of your ass please.
    If you can not accept my 'proof' then that's your problem really.

I would assume this so-called system puts together people with similar w/l ratios, and we all know that high win percentage does not necessarily translate into high skill.

That explains random assdick pants-on-head-retarded shitsuckers now and then, or so I think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I would assume this so-called system puts together people with similar w/l ratios, and we all know that high win percentage does not necessarily translate into high skill.

That explains random assdick pants-on-head-retarded shitsuckers now and then, or so I think.
    No, matchmaking isn't tied to similar W/L ratios. You have a hidden rating on your account, what matters is who you play against and at what rating you go 50-50 at.

Do people still assume that w/l ratio=MMR?
    Because last time I checked some of the best players in this game have 55% winrate at most. And whats stopping these players from making a new account, and reaching Very High within 20~ games?
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell's it mean if I have a roughly equal number of games at normal, high, vhigh, and about a 51% win rate? Like... what MMR bracket does that put me in?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    No, matchmaking isn't tied to similar W/L ratios. You have a hidden rating on your account, what matters is who you play against and at what rating you go 50-50 at.
    Still, doesn't explain why would they hide such a rating from us.
    I mean, it's not like it's something super secret information.

I want to know my rating, how it's calculated and how does matchmaking work.

Why would they hide it?

In WoW at least, you would have your 2v2 team with 1500 rating and as such you would know it is bound to constantly get 1500 rating enemies with occasional pedo from 2k rating.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-06-03 at 03:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, doesn't explain why would they hide such a rating from us.
    I mean, it's not like it's smething super secret information.

I want to know my rating, how it's calculated and how does matchmaking work.

Why would they hide it?

In WoW at least, you would have your 2v2 team with 1500 rating and as such you would knowit is bound to constantly get 1500 rating enemies with occasional pedo from 2k rating.
    It's kind of pointless. You get smurfers all the time in Dota since it's free.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What the hell's it mean if I have a roughly equal number of games at normal, high, vhigh, and about a 51% win rate?
    Somewhere between jack shit and very little.
    Why would they hide it?
    Have you even seen the dickwaving in this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Have you even seen the dickwaving in this thread?
    Your dickwaving is your problem.
    And btw, there is just as much, and surely more, dickwaving in WoW/LoL/insertanygame.

Still, why would they hide our ratings?
    I don't like being clueless about such things.

Raging dicks I can put aside, but I won't put up with shadowy nuances and ratings.

Deleted
    Your dickwaving is your problem.
    And btw, there is just as much, and surely more, dickwaving in WoW/LoL/insertanygame.
    I'm not even waving it, more like stuffing it down my trousers and not giving a shit. As for other games, how is that relevant? A million wrongs don't make a right either.

Why would you want to see your rating in the first place?

I'm still trying to find a decent hero that works for me. I mainly run Annie in LoL when I play it. Was hoping to find something similar in Dota but as of yet I haven't. Heck I haven't found a single hero that I actually care to play. Any suggestions?

I'm not even waving it, more like stuffing it down my trousers and not giving a shit. As for other games, how is that relevant? A million wrongs don't make a right either.

Why would you want to see your rating in the first place?
    I am not pointing at YOU directly when I say "your dickwaving".

As for other games, you always know what's your rating and what is your tier and what kind of players you can expect to play with.

Ergo, I want to know such thing in Dota2 aswell.
    It's fething obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by RastlinER View Post
    I'm still trying to find a decent hero that works for me. I mainly run Annie in LoL when I play it. Was hoping to find something similar in Dota but as of yet I haven't. Heck I haven't found a single hero that I actually care to play. Any suggestions?
    Lina Inverse the Slayer.

Deleted
    As for other games, you always know what's your rating and what is your tier and what kind of players you can expect to play with.

Ergo, I want to know such thing in Dota2 aswell.
    It's fething obvious.
    You're playing with people at or around your supposed skill level. If you win lots, your enemies become more skilled. If you lose lots, the enemies become less skilled. I mean maybe it's just me but I can tell quite clearly when my MMR rises and when it dips. What does it matter what number the game has assigned them or me?

You're playing with people at or around your supposed skill level. If you win lots, your enemies become more skilled. If you lose lots, the enemies become less skilled. I mean maybe it's just me but I can tell quite clearly when my MMR rises and when it dips. What does it matter what number the game has assigned them or me?
    It matters because I fail to see the pattern you described.

Deleted
    It matters because I fail to see the pattern you described.
    Then perhaps your MMR happens to be quite static?