Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Do they have Drow? Pick Spirit Breaker, enjoy free gold all game long. Do they have Broodmother? Pick Sand King, giggle hysterically.
    Do they have Sniper? Pick NS. Do they have Storm? Pick Nyx. Do they have PL? Pick Sven. Do they have BH? Pick Slardar. Do they have Enigma? Pick Rubick.

Probably every hero in the heropool is useless as fuck if we're gonna do it like this.

You can claim that Dota is balanced by all heroes being equally OP, but that's a load of shit and you know it. The vast majority of heroes are pretty well-balanced; the rest are either blatantly overpowered, or overpowered only in certain situations or only have a particular skill or ability that's overpowered.
    Pizza are you just.
    Are you even.
    I...

Okay, let me go over this very very very slowly.
    What you said has no bearing on anything that I've said. What I (pretty obviously in my mind, but I guess it's somehow missable) meant was that every hero is OP at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    My favourite heroes are Spectre, CM and Medusa and everyone considers them useless so that's not a good sign
    You don't even like the good waifus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    yeah, no. Void with early MoM can come by and eat her once every ChrohoSphere, especially erly game.
    Void with agi treads and MoM active does 1.4 attacks per second.
    During a Chrono this comes to 5.6 attacks.
    At this point, Void would have about 71 attack damage, a maxed time lock adds an average of 35 damage. Across 5.6 attacks, this is 593.6 damage.

Assuming Chronosphere has no animation and Void begins attacking immediately, has Time Lock maxed out at level 7, mana shield is not up, gaze is not popped, armor is not accounted for, they're both level 7 and Medusa has no items whatsoever, yes, this would kill her. And before you ask, yes, I did account for double timelock damage.

If we, however, do account for armor and mana shield, Void would do a paltry 42 damage per hit, on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Chances you are not going to use ulti in time before he jumps and lands a Chrono, then you're dead meat for sure.
    Maybe if he timewalks from fog but I find it hard to believe Medusa couldn't just pop it during the walk.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2013-07-08 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Stop repeating stuiff, Zefie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post

Assuming Chronosphere has no animation and Void begins attacking immediately, has Time Lock maxed out at level 7, mana shield is not up, gaze is not popped, armor is not accounted for, they're both level 7 and Medusa has no items whatsoever, yes, this would kill her. And before you ask, yes, I did account for double timelock damage.

If we, however, do account for armor and mana shield, Void would do a paltry 42 damage per hit, on average.
    Medusa's mana pool is not exactly... robust, at least without farm. That mana shield would run down very quickly, if we assume Void brought along his friend from midlane to help, Medusa would die if she didn't manage to get her ultimate off. Personally, I'd send someone with a silence to mid (Skywrath or NS most likely), and have them initiate. Not to mention the fact that Medusa should get crushed by any decent mid hero.

I'm not sure why the Void is relevant anyway, since he'd be better off farming rather than running to mid lane, getting a kill, then running back to the jungle/safe lane to keep farming... that would probably mean a dip in gpm, so I would just leave an underlevelled support at mid to disrupt Medusa as much as possible, obviously while being careful.
    Last edited by mmoc6f376c0517; 2013-07-08 at 11:55 AM.

You can claim that Dota is balanced by all heroes being equally OP, but that's a load of shit and you know it.
    You can claim the opposite, but it's no less a load of shit. Problem is you can't even argue for your claim in a way that won't get you laughed out. You've been saying the exact same thing for 300 pages and have never come close to sounding like you know what you're talking about rather than just being mad.

You could just try actually making a case for your claims instead of claiming everyone who disagrees are just full of shit. And when people like Longview actually put effort into the discussion to dispute you like in this post you could try manning up and not just ignoring it and changing topic.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-07-08 at 12:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin456 View Post
    Medusa's mana pool is not exactly... robust, at least without farm. That mana shield would run down very quickly, if we assume Void brought along his friend from midlane to help, Medusa would die if she didn't manage to get her ultimate off. Personally, I'd send someone with a silence to mid (Skywrath or NS most likely), and have them initiate. Not to mention the fact that Medusa should get crushed by any decent mid hero.
    How many heroes -can- escape ganks well if they get silenced, chrono'd and bursted down mid? My total count so far is 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin456 View Post
    I'm not sure why the Void is relevant anyway, since he'd be better off farming rather than running to mid lane, getting a kill, then running back to the jungle/safe lane to keep farming... that would probably mean a dip in gpm, so I would just leave an underlevelled support at mid to disrupt Medusa as much as possible, obviously while being careful.
    I can't think of many supports who would be seriously disruptive to a Medusa. Just walk in, cast a snake on a creep, walk away. Mid isn't exactly a very long lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of many supports who would be seriously disruptive to a Medusa. Just walk in, cast a snake on a creep, walk away. Mid isn't exactly a very long lane.
    In early game, Lion can eat all her mana, so she won't spam anything and will be vulnerable for ganks. Same goes against Leoric, just use impale>mana drain and he has no mana to ult = dead Leoric
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    In early game, Lion can eat all her mana, so she won't spam anything and will be vulnerable for ganks. Same goes against Leoric, just use impale>mana drain and he has no mana to ult = dead Leoric
    And unless Lion wants to eat a ton of damage, he has to back off every 30 seconds when a new creepwave comes in and Medusa can just run in and throw out a snake.

10+ Year Old Account
    And unless Lion wants to eat a ton of damage, he has to back off every 30 seconds when a new creepwave comes in and Medusa can just run in and throw out a snake.
    It's hard to throw a 140 mana snake when you are at 0 mana =\
    and iirc, you don't get creep aggro from mana-draining hero. So she will have either attack you and get creep aggro, or back off to break drain
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-07-08 at 01:19 PM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    It's hard to throw a 140 mana snake when you are at 0 mana =\
    and iirc, you don't get creep aggro from mana-draining hero. So she will have either attack you and get creep aggro, or back off to break drain
    It's hard to mana drain when you're being attacked by creeps at level 2.

It doesn't matter if you don't get creep aggro because Lion has to -completely zone- Medusa for it to be worth it, meaning he will be way ahead of his creeps in the lane.

well to be fair mana drain range was buffed to quite decent values
    850 cast range and 1200 break distance

obviously maxing mana drain 1st in not really something you want to do but at lvl 4 you are draining 120mana per second at 5s cool down

and im not saying lion>medusa but imo its not that black&white

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame that Bane is so easily countered if the opponent has Linken's Sphere. It's one of my favourite Heroes, so it sucks for me that he is so tricky to play right.

At least Ancient Apparition, Lich, and Omniknight are a lot of fun. =)

Draining Medusa mid won't work because she can just right click you. The drain does very little at level 1 and only a fool would run away from it when 0 hp 0 armor Lion is standing there begging to die. Assuming she's up on her hill like she will be you would have to run into creeps at the closest to drain her, so she will not get creep aggro attacking you back because she won't be anywhere near them.

I doubt you tried itin game against equally skilled player. Even at lvl 3 your stun drain combo cant do much, and move ahead of creep to block here wont work since mid tower is quite closer than other lanes. You alsomhave to drop hex for at lvl 2 drain to make it an actual threat. At the very least, medusa can always tank you after throwing snake. Whos squishier?

Edit: typing with one hand on a fat ipad is horrible....
    Last edited by kronpas; 2013-07-08 at 02:14 PM.

How many heroes -can- escape ganks well if they get silenced, chrono'd and bursted down mid? My total count so far is 0.
    old morphling

slark could probably get away before chronosphere iunno

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Whos squishier?
    Lion base STR/gain: 16/1.7
    Medusa base STR/gain: 14/1.65

Medusa has the lowest starting strength in the game, paired only with Keeper of the Light. He has a higher STR gain however, and will surpass her in HP at level two. At level 1 this means that Medusa has 416 hp versus Lions 454. She has .7 more armor with a higher AGI gain. They're both equally squishy early on, I'd say.
    Last edited by Longview; 2013-07-08 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    I doubt you tried itin game against equally skilled player. Even at lvl 3 your stun drain combo cant do much, and move ahead of creep to block here wont work since mid tower is quite closer than other lanes. You alsomhave to drop hex for at lvl 2 drain to make it an actual threat. At the very least, medusa can always tank you after throwing snake. Whos squishier?

Edit: typing with one hand on a fat ipad is horrible....
    I remember playing mid Lion against tiny and level 1 mana drain was enough to keep him at 0 mana.
    But against medusa, i had to get level 2 mana drain at 3rd level and stun+drain combo ate ~160 mana per use before she landed first arrow on me. If she don't runs away, i break drain and back off (still i don't remember being attacked by creeps for landing stun+drain combo). If she tries to break it, i keep casting and eat 160 mana more. With her low mana pool (i guess it's 350 at level 4?) it's enough to deny her snake harass and outside of it she has very low health, no mana shield and she will die as soon as you ding 6

10+ Year Old Account
    Just won a game as a Lich with a 19-2-19 score. Man, this Hero is awesome. =D

Good evening (or morning) guys. I need a beta key (not invite). If anyone send a key, I'll be very appreciate it. Send it as PM please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Did you just imply that Medusa is easy to gank? One of the most defensive heroes in the game and almost completely immovable from a mid lane?
    Not sure if serious, as i can think of at least 10 heroes that will demolish Medusa mid, and I can see a smokegank on her as near 100% success.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Not sure if serious, as i can think of at least 10 heroes that will demolish Medusa mid, and I can see a smokegank on her as near 100% success.
    .....what? She sees people come out of smoke and uses her ult and walks away. There is virtually no combo that can do anything to catch up to her. If you're seriously bringing 3 heroes just to kill one of their heroes mid over and over they will just win top and bot and Medusa will just turtle up.

Hell, she doesn't even need to back off, because the stun from her ult is plenty of time for 1 or 2 people to TP in and pick up free kills on the fools who thought they could gank against stone gaze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    .....what? She sees people come out of smoke and uses her ult and walks away. There is virtually no combo that can do anything to catch up to her. If you're seriously bringing 3 heroes just to kill one of their heroes mid over and over they will just win top and bot and Medusa will just turtle up.

Hell, she doesn't even need to back off, because the stun from her ult is plenty of time for 1 or 2 people to TP in and pick up free kills on the fools who thought they could gank against stone gaze.
    Well, Omni can repel someone on gank so he won't be affected by her ult. Like, Bara charges to Medusa, and Omni gives him repel so he have enough time to kill her

What makes you think mana shield won't just tank all of this?