Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    huh. played Windrunner support the other day. Enemy anitmage preferred going for Manta, and didnt build bkb, made landing perfect shackleshots only easier. Whats more, AM actually tried to focus me all the game, and it was funny watching him chase me between Phaseboots, Windrun and Forcestaff cooldowns.
    Finished the game with awesome stats of 6/2/20-something.
    Bascially with no little pride, dare I say, I've made the game, despite russian feeder assdick cockfaggot pussywanker Omniknight on my team.
    Figured it's better to build WR with phaseboots>Wand>Basilius>Forcestaff>Scythe>Linken
    Everytime i keep saying to myself that i will get phase on wr but when i got that 1k gold out of nowhere it just becomes too tempting and i spend it on arcanes , love being able to spam skills on wr

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I wanted to play Bane mid (against Tiny it would be easy and fast 6 level) but one guy picked Invoker in 10 seconds before rune spawn and said that he is going to be mid and i should be support. I guess it's better to play support than duo mid
    well you could have told him to go bite it and still go mid, or at least you should've stated it from the beginning that you're going mid Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    Everytime i keep saying to myself that i will get phase on wr but when i got that 1k gold out of nowhere it just becomes too tempting and i spend it on arcanes , love being able to spam skills on wr
    Why would you NEED to spam skills on WR to begin with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    well you could have told him to go bite it and still go mid, or at least you should've stated it from the beginning that you're going mid Bane.

Why would you NEED to spam skills on WR to begin with?
    I told him, but he didn't listened or didn't seen it. I didn't wanted to play duo mid against Tiny because he could do damage to both of us with his aoe, but we would be lower level than him.

Obvious reason: woooshing sound of powershot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I told him, but he didn't listened or didn't seen it. I didn't wanted to play duo mid against Tiny because he could do damage to both of us with his aoe, but we would be lower level than him.

Obvious reason: woooshing sound of powershot!
    eh... be more convincing and be louder next time

Powershot too good vs baddies :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't mind it when people comment and tell me what I may have done wrong.

What I do mind is comments like "You fucken noob report him hes a fucken noob ect.." its annoy and childish.
    I got that treatment only yesterday as AA. I was with a skele king who had an invis rune so me and him wanted to get first blood via both our stuns. I expected him to open with his stun (as he was invis) so that I could follow it with cold feet and body block him. Skele didn't do it and thus we failed, which was immediately followed by "fucking noob" etc etc. Ofcourse he demonstrated his vast knowledge of the game by skilling his lifesteal while our pull camp was warded (I had no sentries initially because I had already blown all my gold on obs wards and courier as the teams only support) which i shouted out and then whined when the lane pushed. He then proceeded during team fights to miss kills because he didn't use Mortal Strike. He also got a 16 minute midas.

Anyway my point is that there are a lot of idiots out there who just call foul when something bad happens. Admittedly there are less of them the higher your mmr gets, but there will always be some.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I got that treatment only yesterday as AA. I was with a skele king who had an invis rune so me and him wanted to get first blood via both our stuns. I expected him to open with his stun (as he was invis) so that I could follow it with cold feet and body block him. Skele didn't do it and thus we failed, which was immediately followed by "fucking noob" etc etc.
    I personally would have waited for Cold Feet before using my stun at lower levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I personally would have waited for Cold Feet before using my stun at lower levels.
    I don't really know which process would've been better. My point had more to do with the players response followed by their actions later in the game. I don't know which opener would've been better in the end, if i'd opened there'd have been a greater chance of him getting away because unlike SK's stun it leaves no room to body block or position yourself for a follow up.
    In either case if somebody does something wrong the best thing to do is to typically not say anything unless it's truly detrimental to the team such as a hard carry with crap items. My point was that if if was wrong I was wrong, I don't want some person who shouting "fucking noob" at me and shit talking, especially when he follows this up with questionable play himself. The problem is that a lot of people will take even kind hearted advice as some sort of offensive criticism even if you back up your assessment with reason.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-07-29 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Silencer will beat OD, actually. OD actually has major mana issues early on before he gets tranquils/buckler and maxed aura. Wait for him to use imprisonment, slap him with curse, and it's likely he won't be able to imprison again due to not having enough mana, and silencer will win the CS war without OD stealing int constantly.

And, of course, Last Word combo dicks him just like everyone else. Imprisoning yourself doesn't avoid the damage or the silence.
    I disagree, OD will easily dispatch Silencer. Until level 5, your curse actually ooms you more then OD. Since OD will go 3x imprison, 2x essence, he will gain 150 more mana+ what he steals from you and will have 20% chance to recover 25% of mana back each imprisonment, you have no chance to oom him before he ooms you. Additionally, OD feasts on int heroes in the mid lane as every imprison he does on you will lower your damage and increase his.

You're not going to beat a competent OD mid without ganking him with any hero. Maybe Nyx, but maybe not even him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    I disagree, OD will easily dispatch Silencer. Until level 5, your curse actually ooms you more then OD. Since OD will go 3x imprison, 2x essence, he will gain 150 more mana+ what he steals from you and will have 20% chance to recover 25% of mana back each imprisonment, you have no chance to oom him before he ooms you. Additionally, OD feasts on int heroes in the mid lane as every imprison he does on you will lower your damage and increase his.
    It's the entire combo, not just curse. Last Word is guaranteed damage that forces a spellcast or several seconds of disarm; after Last Word procs, it leaves them with no ability to cast a spell, guaranteeing a full-length curse and the inherent mana drain there. It's even worse, because Astral Imprisonment has a lengthy cooldown and it's effectively OD's only spell. If he uses imprisonment, a curse combo immediately follows and there's nothing OD can do about it.

OD will eventually win once he gets levels, but a competent Silencer isn't going to let him get those levels. Between Last Word combos and just occasionally poking him with autoattacks (Silencer significantly outranges OD), there's no way OD will be able to stick around in lane, especially once Silencer starts running bottle and/or wand.

Silencer doesn't beat OD by winning CS, he beats OD by simply killing him or at least forcing OD's team to bail him out until he can stand on his own. Until OD gets 2-3 levels in aura and his tranquil boots, there's no way he's going to compete with Silencer.

It's also worth noting that Silencer easily outranges OD's imprisonment with either of his spells. Early on he can easily curse from a safe distance and just stay back so that OD can't aggressively imprison him. OD can imprison himself to dodge one or two ticks of the curse, but that's going to cost him more mana than he'd lose from the curse.

Essentially, OD is going to be mana starved the entire time unless he bottles up, and if you force OD to waste 600 gold on bottle, as far as I'm concerned you won the lane anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You're not going to beat a competent OD mid without ganking him with any hero. Maybe Nyx, but maybe not even him.
    Huskar will absolutely shit on OD. Bloodseeker can't kill OD, but he'll easily win the CS war.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-07-29 at 11:53 PM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Huskar will absolutely shit on OD. Bloodseeker can't kill OD, but he'll easily win the CS war.
    5/5 good joke

Huskar might be able to win the lane early vs a shitty OD, but Bloodseeker isn't going to get a single lasthit after the first few minutes. You deal with OD mid like you deal with SF mid and gank him, that's the only trick you need to know and the only counter that exists.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-07-30 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    5/5 good joke

Huskar might be able to win the lane early vs a shitty OD, but Bloodseeker isn't going to get a single lasthit after the first few minutes. You deal with OD mid like you deal with SF mid and gank him, that's the only trick you need to know and the only counter that exists.
    Bloodseeker has better animation and damage than OD, even if OD steals all the INT he could want. OD can't harass Bloodseeker because he just heals up on creep kills.

Huskar dominates OD because spears cost no mana, do tons of damage, and have the same range as OD's attack. If OD can hit you, you can hit OD. And you'll win.

OD isn't nearly as unstoppable as you seem to think he is. Whether or not picking Huskar or BS to counter his lane is worth it is up to the team, but there are definitely ways to beat him in lane that don't involve ganking him constantly.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

5/5 good joke

sd kunkka bro

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the entire combo, not just curse. Last Word is guaranteed damage that forces a spellcast or several seconds of disarm; after Last Word procs, it leaves them with no ability to cast a spell, guaranteeing a full-length curse and the inherent mana drain there. It's even worse, because Astral Imprisonment has a lengthy cooldown and it's effectively OD's only spell. If he uses imprisonment, a curse combo immediately follows and there's nothing OD can do about it.

OD will eventually win once he gets levels, but a competent Silencer isn't going to let him get those levels. Between Last Word combos and just occasionally poking him with autoattacks (Silencer significantly outranges OD), there's no way OD will be able to stick around in lane, especially once Silencer starts running bottle and/or wand.

Silencer doesn't beat OD by winning CS, he beats OD by simply killing him or at least forcing OD's team to bail him out until he can stand on his own. Until OD gets 2-3 levels in aura and his tranquil boots, there's no way he's going to compete with Silencer.

It's also worth noting that Silencer easily outranges OD's imprisonment with either of his spells. Early on he can easily curse from a safe distance and just stay back so that OD can't aggressively imprison him. OD can imprison himself to dodge one or two ticks of the curse, but that's going to cost him more mana than he'd lose from the curse.

Essentially, OD is going to be mana starved the entire time unless he bottles up, and if you force OD to waste 600 gold on bottle, as far as I'm concerned you won the lane anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Silencer doesn't beat OD. Silencer needs to level his glaves at least once to get int steal effect. And your favorite lastword+curs combo costs 200+ mana. With his (Silencers') shitty mana regen, he won't be able to do it more than twice (since tango>clarity and OKish player will deny attempt to leech exp while restoring mana).

And what's point on wasting so much mana at level 1 of last word? It's only 3 second silence and curse will be interrupted as soon as silence drops down (3-4 seconds), and if you max last word over curse, you don't burn enough health and mana by your harass because you loose more mana than enemy.

Don't forget that OD will banish you from getting exp and steal your int (i'll have less damage and mana) and stolen int won't restore you mana when it'll get back. Silencer in lose/lose situation against OD without ability to win. And as soon as OD gets orb+ult, Silencer is dead.

Certain mid liners ward enemy ramp on mid (to get vision), so landing banish is not a problem at all. Again, curse don't burn mana fast enough to render OD without mana. Don't forget that curse drains 48/96/144/192 mana while banish drains 52/78/104/130.

Huge advantage of OD against heroes is being able to banish enemy from getting exp so OD will always be at least 1 level ahead of you. If he will be able to banish you from getting exp for two melee creeps per wave you will lose ~90 exp per wave, it's huge
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-07-30 at 02:10 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Bloodseeker has better animation and damage than OD, even if OD steals all the INT he could want. OD can't harass Bloodseeker because he just heals up on creep kills.

Huskar dominates OD because spears cost no mana, do tons of damage, and have the same range as OD's attack. If OD can hit you, you can hit OD. And you'll win.
    Bloodseeker has less damage even at level 1 and less main stat growth and needs to buy a Stout. OD can stop his attempts to get a lasthit and completely deny XP from a single creep 1-2 times per wave and gets even more ahead in damage every time he does. By the time OD is level 5 and has ferried his first items he's going to be perpetually 20-30 damage ahead of BS and BS can't even go near the creeps if he wants to have the mana to go ganking at 6.

Huskar is somewhat tricky, but still not even as good as Silencer because as long as OD can keep creeps closer to his tower he will do just fine, and by the time he gets level 4-5 and Tranquils there isn't much Huskar can do if he didn't win the lane in the first 3 minutes. Actually suggesting that a Silencer wanting to beat OD should level Curse over Glaive/LW/stats is pretty laughable.

OD isn't nearly as unstoppable as you seem to think he is. Whether or not picking Huskar or BS to counter his lane is worth it is up to the team, but there are definitely ways to beat him in lane that don't involve ganking him constantly.
    Yes, I'm sure you claiming the opposite makes a difference. As per usual you're all talk and little facts, I'm not even sure why I bother replying. I'm yet to meet a single competent player who doesn't think of OD as one of the most dominant mid heroes (if not the most dominant), but I'm sure that won't stop you from arguing the opposite for the 5th time after another 50 pages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    sd kunkka bro
    Didn't really mean to include dual mids into the argument. My bad I guess.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-07-30 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'm sure you claiming the opposite makes a difference. As per usual you're all talk and little facts, I'm not even sure why I bother replying. I'm yet to meet a single competent player who doesn't think of OD as one of the most dominant mid heroes (if not the most dominant), but I'm sure that won't stop you from arguing the opposite for the 5th time after another 50 pages.
    And yet all you do is talk. So why bash someone else for doing what you're doing yourself?

Hypocritical, much?

Deleted
    just a weetiny question,i dont know bout od vs silencer but why do ppl think invoker is such a good mid hero?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    just a weetiny question,i dont know bout od vs silencer but why do ppl think invoker is such a good mid hero?
    Iirc, he had very high amount of base damage and could increase it even more. Before 6 level he could get 100+ damage from attack +coldsnap to burst enemy down

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    not anymore

but it is best lane for him