I've carried as Timbersaw its alright not tons of damage but you definitely can compete with some carries and have amazing survivability. Once you hit six you can more or less harass most people out of lane with chakram while getting great farm and the amount of damage you can deal if people are dumb enough to stand near trees is pretty insane. Usually I just get so tanky to the point I'm just not worth targeting down but still deal enough damage to make myself useful. Plus idiots on the other team who poke at you during a team fight instead of nuking one target with the rest of their team are your best friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH I love Timbersaw to. That's one hero I pick that can almost always do well on. He's INCREDIBLE noob friendly. It's not that he sucks it's just he doesn't scale like say drow or alch or naix. Does he have the same carry potential as a 50 minute faceless void or alchemist with 200+ cs? ehhhh not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I play in the normal bracket.

You know what the most frustrating thing about the normal bracket is?

Bad carries. Carries who can't last hit, carries who don't ever look at the minimap so they can see how many heroes are missing, carries who are under-farmed and try and take on the enemy team. Ugh, it's frustrating playing a support hero with them because I can keep up all the wards I want and call missings, but I can't save them from their own stupidity. Then I wish I were playing the carry, but then they would be playing support and wouldn't be putting wards and would be trying to last-hit
    dota isn't a 1v1 game

you should get a stack going

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Notrly it's pretty legit on AM and Spectre.
    ive seen your am LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    OH I love Timbersaw to. That's one hero I pick that can almost always do well on. He's INCREDIBLE noob friendly. It's not that he sucks it's just he doesn't scale like say drow or alch or naix. Does he have the same carry potential as a 50 minute faceless void or alchemist with 200+ cs? ehhhh not so much.
    Doesn't matter, Timbersaw is a natural counter to all hyper carrys in the game. With Shiva's he can easily sport 40 armor with his passive stacked and will have tons of regen since he pretty much alwyas goes bloodstone first. Combined with his mobility it typically takes several people working together to bring him down, even Antimage isn't enough when he can just kite AM around and hit him with chain and chakram until he slowly dies.

If you want to stop Timber you need KotL or BS, both heroes are hilariously effective.

Deleted
    inb4 15th debate about whether BS is viable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Doesn't matter, Timbersaw is a natural counter to all hyper carrys in the game. With Shiva's he can easily sport 40 armor with his passive stacked and will have tons of regen since he pretty much alwyas goes bloodstone first. Combined with his mobility it typically takes several people working together to bring him down, even Antimage isn't enough when he can just kite AM around and hit him with chain and chakram until he slowly dies.

If you want to stop Timber you need KotL or BS, both heroes are hilariously effective.
    40 armor doesn;'t do much when PA still crits you for over 1000. He's not a natural anti carry. Razor and bane who sap dmg are. I LOVE timbersaw but late game he just doesn't scale as well or have the same potential to win the game that they do.

40 armor doesn;'t do much when PA still crits you for over 1000.
    hows anyone gonna crit you for >1000 dmg when 40 armor is 71% physical damage reduction

i mean you'd have to crit over 3400

thats not very realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Kasen Ibaraki View Post
    he isnt

i mean he is

but he isn't in a non-pubgame context

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    hows anyone gonna crit you for >1000 dmg when 40 armor is 71% physical damage reduction

i mean you'd have to crit over 3400

thats not very realistic
    Well that MAY have been a slight exaggeration but really unless your whole team has 71% dmg reduction PA will simple clear out your team and then fuck you instead. That's the point of a carry. UNless your axe and taunt them to fight you they can slip by Timbersaw and mow down your team and then the 5 of them can come back and roll timbersaw. Timbersaw doesn't roll anybody like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

I saw a match recently where this happened.

All the blue was gone instantly.

Well that MAY have been a slight exaggeration but really unless your whole team has 71% dmg reduction PA will simple clear out your team and then fuck you instead. That's the point of a carry. UNless your axe and taunt them to fight you they can slip by Timbersaw and mow down your team and then the 5 of them can come back and roll timbersaw. Timbersaw doesn't roll anybody like that.
    yeah

thats not what you said though

I've seen Timbersaw mow down teams way faster than any PA.

@Bloodseeker
    Competes for one of the best support carry positions in the game. Unfortunately, he sucks at laning and he sucks at jungling so unless they buff his auto attacking to make him a real jungler he will probably never get used. Real shame, too, because he can shut down two heroes by himself, and usually the two more important (rupture carry + bloodrage initiator).

@Timbersaw
    How is PA going to crit ANYBODY for 1k when she dies in 2 hits the entire game? Chain sawblade chakram will instakill her unless she stacks HP and not damage. The glory of 1200 health at level 20 heroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    ive seen your am LOL
    It's hard to farm when you can't farm anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasen Ibaraki View Post
    Hardest Skywrath counter I've ever seen holy shit.

BS is my favourite hero, no joke.

Too bad his cast animation sucks dick harder than brazzers actress.

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Notrly it's pretty legit on AM and Spectre.
    Really?
    For the investment it doesn't seem like that great and item on two characters which are pretty bad in the early game which where VG is of any use.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Really?
    For the investment it doesn't seem like that great and item on two characters which are pretty bad in the early game which where VG is of any use.
    So you would be using an item that makes your hero stronger in an area that is one of their major weaknesses? Yeah that makes no sense at all. Reminds me of the time I was playing Pudge and someone told me to buy a Force Staff and I was like 'naw man, Pudge has really weak mobility, why would I waste gold on that?'

Back in DotA Vanguard rush used to be the way to play AM, and you can reel back to post-TI1 era when Vanguard > Radiance was the thing to do with Spectre in all progames. But of course, that's soooo out of meta right now that everyone is going to just complain their hearts out when you don't go for the latest pro-approved Battlefury rush build.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-08-29 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    So you would be using an item that makes your hero stronger in an area that is one of their major weaknesses? Yeah that makes no sense at all. Reminds me of the time I was playing Pudge and someone told me to buy a Force Staff and I was like 'naw man, Pudge has really weak mobility, why would I waste gold on that?'
    Well I'll take your word over mine .

Maybe my rationale isn't the case then. I assumed that because he was strongest in the late game then that's what you would primarily build him for, whereas building into an expensive early/mid item would simply delay those late game items.

Deleted
    Well I'll take your word over mine .

Maybe my rationale isn't the case then. I assumed that because he was strongest in the late game then that's what you would primarily build him for, whereas building into an expensive early/mid item would simply delay those late game items.
    You do build carries for late game, but you usually need at least one early item so you aren't a completely useless free kill.

Really?
    The Vanguard allows a lot of heroes to start participating in the game quite early. If you've got a game that has early battles going on the Vanguard AM is legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    The Vanguard allows a lot of heroes to start participating in the game quite early. If you've got a game that has early battles going on the Vanguard AM is legit.
    Good to hear. I just rarely (if at all) ever read about somebody saying something good about VG.