Deleted
    You know when you are finally starting to make a big comeback in a game and it looking like your going to win, your PA finally has her helm, BKB and basher and 7000 gold because of a great team fight. Then she buys raiper, dies within 2 minutes and gives it to CK and you lose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    You know when you are finally starting to make a big comeback in a game and it looking like your going to win, your PA finally has her helm, BKB and basher and 7000 gold because of a great team fight. Then she buys raiper, dies within 2 minutes and gives it to CK and you lose.

How about this one. Faceless void with all the farm in the world and sits in jungle the late game and fights only a handful of times and lose when it was a guaranteed win from how early/mid game went for my team.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

That shaker game, one shotting people all day.

And just like that, it's back to being a vent thread.

Although to be fair, I also have nothing constructive to post at this time.

now this is a real caster Lmao. he barely missed any kill, this game is epic xD
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    And just like that, it's back to being a vent thread.

Although to be fair, I also have nothing constructive to post at this time.
    Honestly I thought several times it would be better to just have a "I just had a bad game and I need to vent thread" like the LoL and HoTS forums have.

Odd that similar games have threads like that but it's not allowed here, so I guess if any mod reads this consider that my request/question/feedback about it, since I don't think it would go in the feedback/suggestion area if it's specifically about this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Honestly I thought several times it would be better to just have a "I just had a bad game and I need to vent thread" like the LoL and HoTS forums have.
    Do people get worked up enough playing Dota to need one? I usually play Dota to unwind, not to get stressed up and start raging at others. As stressful as it can be sometimes, at the end of the day its really not worth getting angry over.

That said, I can certainly see why people might get angry in Ranked games, especially those who are prone to tilting and going on long losing streaks. Would venting that kind of frustration here really help? I don't think so, if anything you're more likely to queue up for your next game while still fuming about that Void in your last game who was 2-25-4 and kept drawing wangs on the minimap.

Besides most venting seems to take place in team chat anyway!

Please take a moment to refresh yourself on the rules of the Dota 2 forum. Venting in any form is forbidden.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Do people get worked up enough playing Dota to need one? I usually play Dota to unwind, not to get stressed up and start raging at others. As stressful as it can be sometimes, at the end of the day its really not worth getting angry over.

That said, I can certainly see why people might get angry in Ranked games, especially those who are prone to tilting and going on long losing streaks. Would venting that kind of frustration here really help? I don't think so, if anything you're more likely to queue up for your next game while still fuming about that Void in your last game who was 2-25-4 and kept drawing wangs on the minimap.

Besides most venting seems to take place in team chat anyway!
    Man I dunno, I just figured that if other similar games have the threads, why not here? Seems a bit silly and it would clear up this thread of the posts.

That being said, it seems like the stance is an adamant no anyway.

So is it safe to say at this point no balance changes for a bit? I haven't seen any but then again I haven't really dug to hear of any.

Man I dunno, I just figured that if other similar games have the threads, why not here? Seems a bit silly and it would clear up this thread of the posts.

That being said, it seems like the stance is an adamant no anyway.
    it is something that was discussed briefly during the conception of this forum

venting posts add no value and does very little besides rack up the infraction count for nation bashing

fwiw i don't think the threads should exist in the other forums, but that's up to the moderators of said forums

So is it safe to say at this point no balance changes for a bit? I haven't seen any but then again I haven't really dug to hear of any.
    next balance patch coming pretty soon™ i think

The amount of people consistently warding ancients against Tinker has increased by 9000% in the last month
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    it is something that was discussed briefly during the conception of this forum

venting posts add no value and does very little besides rack up the infraction count for nation bashing

fwiw i don't think the threads should exist in the other forums, but that's up to the moderators of said forums
    Fair enough. Also for what it's worth, the league one probably gets more posts daily than this thread does in a week, so it's not like they'll probably get their games analysed there, seems like it's more of a just "post and forget" thread.

next balance patch coming pretty soon™ i think
    Probably with the winners of the new models and what not?
    *fingers crossed*

Fair enough. Also for what it's worth, the league one probably gets more posts daily than this thread does in a week, so it's not like they'll probably get their games analysed there, seems like it's more of a just "post and forget" thread.
    yeah the issue (in my mind) is that it does not add anything valuable to the forum

Probably with the winners of the new models and what not?
    *fingers crossed*
    http://www.dota2.com/rekindlingsoul/

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    yeah the issue (in my mind) is that it does not add anything valuable to the forum

http://www.dota2.com/rekindlingsoul/
    Yeah once you pointed out the Country bashing I was like "oh, touché"

Also interesting...I would wonder about the choice of image but it seems like their image never is really relevant unless it's a holiday event

Had a guy random Techies and say he never played it before, and whole team went rage mode. Then he went like 6-0 in 5 minutes and they was all like "oh ye, techies good hero, we love techies on our team".

Deleted
    Hoping for Sky, Void, Razor and DP nerfs personally. I'm not so sure Doom and Tinker really need nerfs despite being really annoying and i have no idea how to nerf Void, he has always been a pretty good hero purely because of his ultimate.

PA Arcana is a wasted chance to get someone like Rubick / invoker one which is really annoying - SF has an arcana in the works at the moment too.

There's no real reason to nerf any hero you mentioned except Void. The best way to nerf him would probably be to make Chrono not immobilize targets for the first second of it's duration, so you have time to move out of it once it's placed, but still give void max movement speed and phasing inside of it, so he can keep a high priority target inside with some lucky bashes. This way it would force players to place it smarter and think more who they really want to disable, and you wouldn't have to keep your entire team spread the whole game, plus it would be easily counterable with Blink Daggers (which would be totally fair). Other than that, there will be more buffs to other heroes, to make them rise a bit into the meta, rather than nerfs to the ones you mentioned. What I'm waiting for is for pro's to start picking Bloodseeker, just for people to realize how overbuffed that hero has gotten over the last 3 or so patches.
    Hoping for Sky, Void, Razor and DP nerfs personally. I'm not so sure Doom and Tinker really need nerfs despite being really annoying and i have no idea how to nerf Void, he has always been a pretty good hero purely because of his ultimate.

PA Arcana is a wasted chance to get someone like Rubick / invoker one which is really annoying - SF has an arcana in the works at the moment too.
    But no, "Don't vote for Invoker guys, OP hero omg lol". Invoker arcana.. Imagine the possibilities Sunstrike playing a global Mortal Kombat Toasty sound when it deals a finishing blow. I'd buy that shit faster than the average russian buys 10 Pudge sets the day he installs Dota.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-09-23 at 08:00 AM.

Yestarday it was my ISP with 60% packet loss or everyone on EU west?

just make blink non rearmeable and tinker is fixed