10+ Year Old Account
    Im just going to add, brood is ridiculously OP for the first 10 minutes of a game.

If the enemy team doesnt have any real hard counter for her I can be unstoppable and pushing rax by 8 minutes

And this is nearly every game I play as her or against
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2014-10-20 at 07:00 AM.

holy shit, ES best hero after pudge.. I've been feeding mostly since i suck at earthspirit but still its so fun
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Oh right, LC can crit and evade during her Duels now that passives aren't disabled, yeah? Should've thought of that before.

Deleted
    I have to agree that the betting odds are a bit strange. Back when I did a lot of betting (around the TI and before) even the most one-sided games had odds of 15-85 or more just because the upsets are possible and betting on a team with 85% chance nets you little to nothing unless you bet big and people betting that big are more of a minority I would say.

But I can see that the match is probably not so suspicious. I would say the odds could be a bit closer, but still EG had clear advantage, fnatic has a brand new lineup with more or less unknown players and it was Bo3 which lessens the chance of lucky victory.

Deleted
    it was bo2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    it was bo2
    My bad then, sorry, was only going from the posts here and the fact that bo2s are not as common.

Then the odds should have been a lot closer. Imo it's way more safe to bet on statistically worse teams in bo2 than even in bo1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Oh right, LC can crit and evade during her Duels now that passives aren't disabled, yeah? Should've thought of that before.
    LC in general is really strong right now. Duel no longer muting enemy heroes makes it a lot riskier for her to use against carries, but she's still really good now. She's almost guaranteed to win her lane with Q spam in mid or offlane, especially once she gets bottle.

I will admit that I think blinker is core on her now. Because you can't mute carries later on, it's really really important to get those early duel kills on supports.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I haven't tried crit, i think you dont need it, with Bots Blink AC Heart BkB plus the dmg u have u'll rekt every1, I'd prefer to get the utility of shadowblade as 6th item or butterfly/abyssal/mkb
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellmate View Post
    My bad then, sorry, was only going from the posts here and the fact that bo2s are not as common.

Then the odds should have been a lot closer. Imo it's way more safe to bet on statistically worse teams in bo2 than even in bo1.
    What? Bo2 (two best of 1s really) is the same as Bo3 when it comes to betting.

Really sad it was ddz who took part in the match fixing. Crushed my stand that all Invoker players except me are strong, moral people.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Urg. So sick of greedy mother fuckers.

Ban the lot of them for good.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    I haven't tried crit, i think you dont need it, with Bots Blink AC Heart BkB plus the dmg u have u'll rekt every1, I'd prefer to get the utility of shadowblade as 6th item or butterfly/abyssal/mkb
    What I'm getting at is that for a while LC itemized around whether or not it will do enough during duels. With evasion and crit no longer being muted she can use both, and she has a lot of opportunities to crit with Press the Attack and Moment of Courage procs.

Incidentally, does Basher work in Duel now? Hmm.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2014-10-20 at 03:07 PM.

Are you sure that LC's Duel mute was removed for her items as well?
    And even if so, Basher would still be a poor choice. Your target is already disabled, and you actually want the hero you're dueling to attack you, because of MoC procs. Same reason why you never want to use a stun/root on the Duel target.

What I'm getting at is that for a while LC itemized around whether or not it will do enough during duels. With evasion and crit no longer being muted she can use both, and she has a lot of opportunities to crit with Press the Attack and Moment of Courage procs.

Incidentally, does Basher work in Duel now? Hmm.
    But doesn't basher diminish the chance of getting Moment of Courage procs because the enemy will be hitting you less? (for early duels I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Are you sure that LC's Duel mute was removed for her items as well?
    And even if so, Basher would still be a poor choice. Your target is already disabled, and you actually want the hero you're dueling to attack you, because of MoC procs. Same reason why you never want to use a stun/root on the Duel target.
    LC's Duel casts the same mute on both participants. Exceptions to Duel were fairly hardcoded, like Moment of Courage. If passives are still disabled for LC that means they created a third mute ability for it.

Beyond that, I'm mentioning Basher because it'd be a double-edged weapon. It would indeed not synergize with your Duel, but there are a fair share of games where you might want an Abyssal all the same.

Match fixing to scam money...mmm, dota is finally a real sport

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    What? Bo2 (two best of 1s really) is the same as Bo3 when it comes to betting.
    Not quite. The chance to win in bo2 is lower than in bo3, but there is also lesser chance to lose the item you bet, the chance that it's a draw.

For example, let's say there is matchup between Team Secret and Team Empire and the statistics say that there is 70% chance for Secret to win. You bet on Team Empire and the situations are the following:
    Bo1 - Your chance of winning is statistically 30%, obviously. Your chance of losing the items you put in are therefore 70%.
    Bo2 - Your chance of winning is only when Empire wins two games in a row - 0.3*0.3 = 9%. BUT your chances of losing the item you bet is actually only 49% - when Secret wins both games, which has a chance of 0.7*0.7. That means you have 51% chance of at least getting your item back, while having only 9% chance to win something more.
    Bo3 - Your chance of winning is 21.6%, won't go into detail with the math, while your chance of losing is the rest - 78.4%. That means you are much more likely to lose your items.

My point being that while you don't have such a high chance to win in Bo2, there is also the chance you will get your items back. I know a lot of people who bet on these kind of matches more because they have only few cheap items to bet, so it's not viable for them to bet on the big names, nor is it great to bet on Bo3s where their chance of losing their precious items is even greater than in Bo1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellmate View Post
    Not quite. The chance to win in bo2 is lower than in bo3, but there is also lesser chance to lose the item you bet, the chance that it's a draw.
    Ah, yeah my bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    LC's Duel casts the same mute on both participants. Exceptions to Duel were fairly hardcoded, like Moment of Courage. If passives are still disabled for LC that means they created a third mute ability for it.

Beyond that, I'm mentioning Basher because it'd be a double-edged weapon. It would indeed not synergize with your Duel, but there are a fair share of games where you might want an Abyssal all the same.
    Duel starts being more of a 5 second disable than a source of free damage past a certain point in the game, anyway. You either use it on someone that's almost dead and it doesn't matter if they get to swing back, or you use it on someone that's full health primarily just to keep them from doing something else while your team stomps around.

I actually think Duel is LC's weakest skill. IMO, you pick her because her Q basically guarantees she'll do well in her solo lane and her W is like Aphotic Shield on steroids.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Abyssal is prolly the worst item on LC possible. She already can't be kited during BKB 'cause of her Q 9999 movement speed, and if you need a BKB piercing disable, that's what Duel is for.