People discussing different builds on PA make me wanna laugh. There is no set in stone best around build.

Word: ADJUST

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    People discussing different builds on PA make me wanna laugh. There is no set in stone best around build.

Word: ADJUST
    Knowing your hero to know how to better adjust is basically what build discussion is. I assume the concept is foreign to someone such as yourself, oh Great One.

Like when Battlefury is mentioned as a bad item on PA. That's because it does very little to help PA beyond what a simple Ring of Basi normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Knowing your hero to know how to better adjust is basically what build discussion is. I assume the concept is foreign to someone such as yourself, oh Great One.

Like when Battlefury is mentioned as a bad item on PA. That's because it does very little to help PA beyond what a simple Ring of Basi normally would.
    I don't see Ring of Basi splashing 1k crits to 4 other people, quadrupling your flashfarm and push, and regening both hp and mana to a lvl where you can spam your spells on cooldown.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I don't see Ring of Basi splashing 1k crits to 4 other people, quadrupling your flashfarm and push, and regening both hp and mana to a lvl where you can spam your spells on cooldown.
    I thought the debate was more of the only real stable benefit is the farming/pushing, because you normally need to actually get something to pull their team together to actually benefit from the AoE in a team fight, otherwise it's just a damage increase.

Personally I don't think it's as terrible as claimed, because even the flat damage is pretty good, and even a situational cleave can be good, like if a squishy support happens to be too close to a tankier hero, you don't have to target both down, you can just cleave the support.

Yeah, I don't see BF doing that either, but at least RoB doesn't cost 4k.

Anyway the reason I consider BF to usually be a bad item is because I see PA as a more of a mid game hero with whom you have to hit the timing window where you have high momentum and enemy team has not yet been able to farm up items to counter you (Forces, Ghost Sceps, etc.) While you could argue that BF gives damage and regen it offers not much else except faster pushing and for a mid game hero 4k in one slot is a lot of gold that should probably be a Deso, BKB, Basher or Manta instead depending on the game. Not saying PA has no late-late game potential, but usually when teams are even I've seen it go badly.

I'll have to admit that Niilo is very right in saying that situationally BF could be a good pick, like as mentioned when you have an Enigma or Roof in your team. I've only seen one game where Arteezy did PA BF, and in that game it did make sense because him having Wisp and Roof at his back pretty much meant that he never needed to think about his defenses or utility, although I think Deso would probably have done more for him considering how many kills he was getting.

This new update has the item preview displays looking like Super Smash Brothers or some shit. So ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I thought the debate was more of the only real stable benefit is the farming/pushing, because you normally need to actually get something to pull their team together to actually benefit from the AoE in a team fight, otherwise it's just a damage increase.

Personally I don't think it's as terrible as claimed, because even the flat damage is pretty good, and even a situational cleave can be good, like if a squishy support happens to be too close to a tankier hero, you don't have to target both down, you can just cleave the support.
    It's not just damage increase, it helps you to farm faster, it gives you MP+HP regens, this item gives much more than just cleave, and if you can't cleave to all 5 enemy heroes at once, it doesn't mean that cleave is "wasted". If you can cleave at least at two people, item was worth it.

But anyways, it's kinda big item, you can get it on PA, but you still will need BKB and helm of dominator to sustain in teamfights. By adding 4k into your shoplist you basically give enemy free time to RAEP your team/you
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It's not just damage increase, it helps you to farm faster, it gives you MP+HP regens, this item gives much more than just cleave, and if you can't cleave to all 5 enemy heroes at once, it doesn't mean that cleave is "wasted". If you can cleave at least at two people, item was worth it.

But anyways, it's kinda big item, you can get it on PA, but you still will need BKB and helm of dominator to sustain in teamfights. By adding 4k into your shoplist you basically give enemy free time to RAEP your team/you

Erm...that's basically exactly what I said and agreed with o.o I was merely point out what the debate was about with BF, and whether or not the cleave is worth it, I wasn't dismissing the farming and what not, I was just saying it wasn't being included in the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    This new update has the item preview displays looking like Super Smash Brothers or some shit. So ugly.
    I definitely don't like how they took away the role labeling. Seems a bit silly, especially since it was actually rather useful for newer players. Otherwise I like it overall.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2014-06-19 at 04:32 AM.

Deleted
    I'm starting to think silencer is a bit OP, just me or other people always seem to have serious problems against him mid - late game ?

the new update is really cool, looks so smooth.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    I'm starting to think silencer is a bit OP, just me or other people always seem to have serious problems against him mid - late game ?
    more like early game problems
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    more like early game problems
    Ahs + refresher is causing me many problems

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Yeah, I don't see BF doing that either
    Do you suffer from any sort of impaired vision?
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

a. The Perseverance is pretty much all that actually does something to alleviate PA's just slight mana-issue. A Basi does the same.
    b. You could buy a Desolator + Basi instead and just join your team in teamfights instead.
    c. If you want BF flashfarming push you should've picked Anti-Mage.

Don't get me wrong, I like PA, and Battlefury has its place, but the average game almost certainly saw no benefit from the item. It's a massive cost for farming on a hero who, with any other damage item, would frankly not farm much slower than a Battlefury realistically would imo. It also neglects the fact that PA hardly needs damage early on, because those crits are already pounding their ass pretty hard. You could've built a Basi+HoD+Phase and just destroyed everything just as well, at significantly less cost and at a distinctly earlier timing.

But it depends on the game for obvious reasons. If you sincerely think you have to farm for lategame rather than take early teamfights, or you have a Magnus who does amazing RPs, then Bfury+buff from Mag is pretty alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finding it annoying that I cant singularly queue for all random deathmatch. I want to test it out. But I must have all pick selected too. Why???

On that note, it mildly bothers me when people take "I don't need a gank" to mean "Sure, let their Slark have freefarm for the next 20 fucking minutes, that'll do it." Especially when they blame me for saying I don't need a gank.

Well excuse me for not taking that as "We're functionally retarded and don't understand that a single hero probably can't keep two heroes from farming entirely".

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    On that note, it mildly bothers me when people take "I don't need a gank" to mean "Sure, let their Slark have freefarm for the next 20 fucking minutes, that'll do it." Especially when they blame me for saying I don't need a gank.

Well excuse me for not taking that as "We're functionally retarded and don't understand that a single hero probably can't keep two heroes from farming entirely".
    Try to top this game I just had then

my team is 4 supports
    I'm the only carry (LS random)
    Rubick wants me to go in lane with him
    He uses his spells only to LH
    no support but lion will try to help supporting, but lion is the one getting fucked
    Crystal complains that I won't ''help defending towers'' top
    Rubick calls me a noob and starts putting wards on all creep camps
    Tells the other team to report me and feeds 0-8.
    Crystal also feeds and then stays in fountain afk
    At this point it's pretty much over so I go to the fountain and wait for the end
    My team asks the other team to report me because ''I didn't help defend towers, shit carry''.

Personal patch analysis:

New hero pick UI: don't like very much. character display is far too big and bulky
    New treasure chests: nothing outstandingly cool in either chest. Scarab courier should look more nyx-like.
    New 1v1 game mode: kinda fun and counts towards overall W/L. Tinker feels broken here.
    New Deathmatch: obviously still glitchy, but fun.
    Last edited by LiiLoSNK; 2014-06-19 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Personal patch diagnosis:

New hero pick UI: don't like very much. character display is far too big and bulky
    New treasure chests: nothing outstandingly cool in either chest. Scarab courier should look more nyx-like.
    New 1v1 game mode: kinda fun and counts towards overall W/L. Tinker feels broken here.
    New Deathmatch: obviously still glitchy, but fun.
    ... I actually agree with all of those.

My personal complaints, seeing the new UIs around, is mostly that they seem to miss the original theme entirely. Wrong colors for the buttons and the whole shebang. What happened to basic consistency?