Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I remember it not stacking with searing arrows from wc3 dota.
    I think it still doesn't stack? Doesn't matter though. You can still benefit from both regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    i only play offlane solo and what the hell are you talking about
    She's so easy to zone out of XP range :<
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think it still doesn't stack? Doesn't matter though. You can still benefit from both regardless.
    You're right. It doesn't stack, but the effect lasts 15 seconds, more than enough time to throw one right click out for the debuff, then turn on searing arrows. And I don't know why people would laugh at a clinkz getting it, his bonus damage from searing arrows is physical, and it gives him a pretty massive tower pushing tool.

As for the discussion about Viper, I always assumed he was played as an anti-carry, similar to Razor, but nobody even plays anti-carries in the pro scene anymore, they only ever play to outcarry the other team.

Deleted
    Playing nyx is so so so so much fun... But I always get this nasty and dirty feeling when playing him, he's just too good atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I wouldn't suggest playing him as a carry, other than being a farm priority hero during laning phase. He isn't a carry and shouldn't be played like one - the most you'd want as far as damage items goes is a Lothar's or maybe a Manta Style, but I don't see him having enough farm to get those in a professional game. I always get strange looks when I tell people Viper isn't really a carry, but then again people laugh when I tell them Windrunner is a pretty awful offlane solo hero, too.
    No matter what role you have in mind for Viper, there are at least 2 other heroes that will do the job better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    You're right. It doesn't stack, but the effect lasts 15 seconds, more than enough time to throw one right click out for the debuff, then turn on searing arrows. And I don't know why people would laugh at a clinkz getting it, his bonus damage from searing arrows is physical, and it gives him a pretty massive tower pushing tool.

As for the discussion about Viper, I always assumed he was played as an anti-carry, similar to Razor, but nobody even plays anti-carries in the pro scene anymore, they only ever play to outcarry the other team.
    MKB is a better item on Clinkz because of the enormous IAS he gets from Strafe; 110 bonus damage on proc, plus the microbash, plus it can hit buildings. Deso would be a good second damage item since it'd make him melt towers in 3 seconds instead of 6
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

MKB is a better item on Clinkz because of the enormous IAS he gets from Strafe; 110 bonus damage on proc, plus the microbash, plus it can hit buildings. Deso would be a good second damage item since it'd make him melt towers in 3 seconds instead of 6
    Deso should be better than MKB if you can get it early and don't need Orchid. MKB costs 1300 more and doesn't give much more stats, the proc is worth like 38 damage on the average while Deso ups your entire damage output by 36%.

If you think any item is better on Clinkz than Deso then try getting Medallion by the time you're level 6 and see what happens to people. I never fail to kill my target in under 3 or 4 arrows maximum. You don't need Orchid when that Rubick is dead before he can even react to being shot at to lift you.

For me, Orchid has become the same kind of item that you only buy for storm spirits and qops. Desolator is always great, especially when you can clear a tower and both rax under backdoor protection in about 8 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obligatory Magnus hate-post. Click blink dagger, click ground, press R, click refresher orb, press R again, win game.

Obligatory Magnus hate-post. Click blink dagger, click ground, press R, click refresher orb, press R again, win game.
    Pick Dazzle, avoid rp, heal rest of team, acquire kills.

But seriously, that seems like the best way to handle a situation like that. Or possibly a naix in one of your rp'd heroes to jump out and disrupt his combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Pick Dazzle, avoid rp, heal rest of team, acquire kills.

But seriously, that seems like the best way to handle a situation like that. Or possibly a naix in one of your rp'd heroes to jump out and disrupt his combo.
    It's more like, don't ever make a single positioning mistake after Magnus has Blink Dagger or you automatically lose every fight. Shit, at least you can BKB Ravage.

Deleted
    Is it just me or is Elder Titans Ult pretty underwhelming? I mean 35% from your max life, which gets reduced by both armor and magic resistance, is not exactly much.

If you hit 4 or 5 people with it (not that hard to pull off with his sleep) that's a lot of damage "for free," presumably at the start of a fight, as well as a pretty big slow after. Easily one of the best initiation ults, think of it like echo slam except it is long range and doesn't require blink dagger/etc. to land on multiple enemies, nor does it require people to stack up to do full damage.

Besides, by the time the ult goes off, TC should be in melee range of whoever he is going for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Is it just me or is Elder Titans Ult pretty underwhelming? I mean 35% from your max life, which gets reduced by both armor and magic resistance, is not exactly much.
    Considering that both ET and his clone shred magic resist, it can still amount to a hell of alot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    If you hit 4 or 5 people with it (not that hard to pull off with his sleep) that's a lot of damage "for free," presumably at the start of a fight, as well as a pretty big slow after. Easily one of the best initiation ults, think of it like echo slam except it is long range and doesn't require blink dagger/etc. to land on multiple enemies, nor does it require people to stack up to do full damage.

Besides, by the time the ult goes off, TC should be in melee range of whoever he is going for.
    Spirit provides the aura as well.

TC stomps mudholes in everyone in every game I've seen him in so far. Might just be because no one knows how to play against him, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    If you think any item is better on Clinkz than Deso then try getting Medallion by the time you're level 6 and see what happens to people. I never fail to kill my target in under 3 or 4 arrows maximum. You don't need Orchid when that Rubick is dead before he can even react to being shot at to lift you.

For me, Orchid has become the same kind of item that you only buy for storm spirits and qops. Desolator is always great, especially when you can clear a tower and both rax under backdoor protection in about 8 seconds.
    Desolator doesn't provide the mana regeneration or mana pool though. Do you use Bottle to solve that? You're would basically oom after taking one creep and using Strafe once for a kill and it limits your use of Searing Arrows for farm. And four hits is plenty of reaction time in my opinion and on a bit stronger heroes that aren't support you won't be able to kill them before they are able to react.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Desolator doesn't provide the mana regeneration or mana pool though. Do you use Bottle to solve that? You're would basically oom after taking one creep and using Strafe once for a kill and it limits your use of Searing Arrows for farm. And four hits is plenty of reaction time in my opinion and on a bit stronger heroes that aren't support you won't be able to kill them before they are able to react.
    I leave base with soul ring recipe and buy it by level 6, never have to return to fountain again.

I always laugh when supports chase me around the map trying to salve me or use urn on me when a full health bar is a 20 second cooldown away.

Anyway, I have a myriad of examples of this build in my history now, you'll notice I get this item almost every game I play him. Not all are wins, of course, but I don't really have bad BF games either. Deso rush is just too solid if you can build it in a reasonable amount of time. And you can tell by the time you're level 6 if you can afford to rush it. If you can't, nothing stops you from going Orchid or Guinsoo's instead, or even Manta/buriza/MKB/etc.

My favorite example of this build is probably this game, where I saved a team that was getting stomped flat and ended up shooting Dark Seer dead in three hits before he could even think.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-05-03 at 04:34 PM.

People tend to underestimate armor reduction because it isn't as flashy as other orbs, but reducing 6 armor to 0 is a 26% damage increase, if someone on your team has presence of mind to make a medallion that combo is incredibly OP. Also with clinkz you should be able to farm desolator in 12-15 minutes tops, don't forget you can munch high level creep every minute for additional gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    People tend to underestimate armor reduction because it isn't as flashy as other orbs, but reducing 6 armor to 0 is a 26% damage increase, if someone on your team has presence of mind to make a medallion that combo is incredibly OP. Also with clinkz you should be able to farm desolator in 12-15 minutes tops, don't forget you can munch high level creep every minute for additional gold.
    Slardars and Dazzles ults are OPed. Even supports can eat away ~200 HP with just 1 auto-attack
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It's more like, don't ever make a single positioning mistake after Magnus has Blink Dagger or you automatically lose every fight. Shit, at least you can BKB Ravage.
    I suppose the 'tradeoff' is Ravage has a less demanding positioning requirement, and a much larger radius, as well Magnus not being able to do anything else if they bkb, while Tide can still anchor smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Slardars and Dazzles ults are OPed. Even supports can eat away ~200 HP with just 1 auto-attack
    Not really, you never see Slardar, and you rarely see Dazzle in pro games. Armour does scale strongly in the late game, but that doesn't make any abilities affecting armour completely broken.
    Last edited by Underskilled; 2013-05-03 at 08:52 PM.