Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    Legion Commander was in almost finished state for months. They should really pick up the pace with the rest of the heroes, its getting embarassing to see one hero every second month, when they were implementing them alot faster back then.
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind if they picked up the pace a little bit. Have they officially stated what is taking so long?

Only good junglers really are just Enigma, Chen, Enchantress and old Lycan. All the rest really are much less efficient and far better on a lane, but they work. Enigma is great on any lane too, and solo offlane Enchantress/Chen are pretty legit.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-09-04 at 04:20 PM.

You don't consider Nature's Prophet or Lone Druid "good" junglers? They may be better in lane, but I would say they are pretty effective in the jungle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Only good junglers really are just Enigma, Chen, Enchantress and old Lycan. All the rest really are much less efficient and far better on a lane, but they work. Enigma is great on any lane too, and solo offlane Enchantress/Chen are pretty legit.
    Dude,what?
    There are plenty more heroes who are great junglers, and bad laners.
    Doombringer(0 armor at the start),Natures Prophet,Ursa,Axe - just to name some.And they are also pretty weak on the lane,except Axe.
    I would definetely add Dark Seer and Batrider to that list of great junglers.Also dont forget the heroes who are good at farming ancients, like Tinker,Beast Master,Alchemist,Windrunner,PotM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    There's no notable difference between Tempest and Enigma other than looks. All the spells work the same way, so if you liked Tempest I would suggest trying Enigma.
    There are other differences between the two, tempest's stun is 1 second on each rank(but proccs 1/2/2/3 times over the course) while Enigma's stun scales .25/.5/.75/1 but stuns 3 times on every rank. While this may not feel like that big a deal(especially as they are the same on rank 3) I would still say it does matter earlygame and I would prefer Enigma's kind of stun over Tempest's for earlygame ganks.

And as the thread talked about Lycan earlier, I tried him once but he is so much harder(or just worse) to jungle with than Warbeast. The dogs have like half the health(which they recently got nerfed to) which really cripples my jungling with him.

If I ever jungle I'd prefer to go Batrider(mostly for fun though), Lone Druid, Axe or Ursa(Which I have 6-0 with now and won't play him out of fear I will get that 1 loss which would ruin everything.)

Also, hello! Name's Kessos, been playing Mobagames since Defense of the Ancients(I think it was called that, before the frozen throne). Tried most of them out there but Dota2 really is my favourite. If anyone would like to play some time, I'm all game. I guess I am rather mediocre(was around 1700-1750MMR in HoN).

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Crystal Maiden was more powerful instead of just a Support I like her.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    You don't consider Nature's Prophet or Lone Druid "good" junglers? They may be better in lane, but I would say they are pretty effective in the jungle as well.
    They're both much slower, and heroes that kind of need early levels and farm to be useful. Also neither of them can do much to assist lanes early, although Furion has his TP but his usefulness is quite low early because everyone carries tangoes, especially if you're building into Midas and maxing treants, which in my opinion you should almost never do.

I feel like it's a guaranteed loss every time some random in my team picks up Furion, insists on jungling and goes for the awful Midas>Lothars build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    There are other differences between the two, tempest's stun is 1 second on each rank(but proccs 1/2/2/3 times over the course) while Enigma's stun scales .25/.5/.75/1 but stuns 3 times on every rank. While this may not feel like that big a deal(especially as they are the same on rank 3) I would still say it does matter earlygame and I would prefer Enigma's kind of stun over Tempest's for earlygame ganks.
    Yeah sorry, missed that part. The Dota 2 version is indeed stronger, several mini-stuns in a row gives a greater chance of interrupting potential casts or channels and serves as a greater annoyance in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynot View Post
    Dude,what?
    Doombringer(0 armor at the start),Natures Prophet,Ursa,Axe - just to name some.And they are also pretty weak on the lane,except Axe.
    I would definetely add Dark Seer and Batrider to that list of great junglers.Also dont forget the heroes who are good at farming ancients, like Tinker,Beast Master,Alchemist,Windrunner,PotM.
    I didn't forget anything, all of those are far more inefficient than the ones I mentioned and most are nearly completely useless for the early game. Stacking/Ancienting is okay farm but in my MMR gets countered like 80% of the time and just isn't worth the risk.

And I don't know what game you've been playing but Axe is hilariously strong on a good lane, as is Ursa, and Furion makes a decent offlane or mid any day. Doom isn't great but should still prefer a lane to farm any day.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-09-04 at 04:55 PM.

is there any hero that is better in the jungle bar enchantress or chen? i dont think so

maybe dark seer but the problem is that he can solo any lane and be fine except when he's up against a triple stun lane (but he can still get gold and push the wave so that he still gets experience)

Dude,what?
    jungle doom is just a waste of hero pick
    NP is decent vs heroes that cant kill treants quickly
    ursa with recent buff to orb duration (forgot name) is pretty scary to lane against

all of them are good laners (but doom i guess?) and shouldn't jungle unless they are forced to

Doom
    Doom isn't a good jungle hero. Seriously, his laning is hundred times better than jungle.

Deleted
    What champion do you people recommend for a total noob in dota that only played one bot game?

First time I tried it I choose Invoker and it didn't went well. Later on I was told it was one of the most difficult champions to play. ;_;

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    What champion do you people recommend for a total noob in dota that only played one bot game?

First time I tried it I choose Invoker and it didn't went well. Later on I was told it was one of the most difficult champions to play. ;_;
    Indeed invoker is very hard to play. I'd suggest you try drow or sniper but be ready for people to spam you: "You noob for choosing noob heroes!" since sniper is mostly auto attack stand and use ur ulti to finish off people. Drow just spam frost arrow and silence when needed. Best way to start off imo especially I chose those ones when my friend first introduced me to dota 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    and play practice games
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Etc
    I'd suggest picking heroes that are more survivable. Spirit Breaker, Bristleback, etc. Sure, a lot of heroes out there aren't good past a certain point, but for someone completely new I don't think that's going to have a meaningful effect on the game's outcome.

Favorite jungler? Batrider.

Best jungler? Dark Seer.

Most efficient jungler? Enigma.

Ursa is fine, Enchantress is a bit slow but she's okay, Chen is great. Rest are bad and should be in lanes. A few heroes can pull off decent times, like Wolf and Naix and Centaur and Doom and Jugg but they're all way too gankable to really be worth it. Only reason N'aix got so huge is because nobody ganks junglers anymore. Back in d1 days Lycan was the only hero you'd jungle with because he was the only hero who could jungle at 100% health so he wouldn't die to the roamers.

Axe is good if he gets spins, bad if he doesn't. Are you feeling lucky, punk?
    Axe's best strength in jungling is his ability to take over lanes while people heal (or revive...). He can go mid and tank the creep wave under the tower and farm all that gold where your half health N'aix has to just hide in the trees because he will die as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Axe is good if he gets spins, bad if he doesn't. Are you feeling lucky, punk?
    Axe is kind of funny, since his RPM goes way up if you just add more creeps. Farm a single easy camp @ lvl1? Argh. Farm a stacked easy camp @ lvl1? Spin to win, done in five seconds flat.

Deleted
    I should just play soul ring Juggernaut every game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I wish Crystal Maiden was more powerful instead of just a Support I like her.
    She needs 10 more movespeed and 3 more starting STR and she'll be just fine. As it is, she's almost "there." She's honestly probably my favorite choice when I need to play hard support.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Doom isn't a good jungle hero. Seriously, his laning is hundred times better than jungle.
    Doomy can jungle, but should lane. His jungle is really only painful for the first couple of levels, then it speeds up considerably. Of course, those first two levels are when he's pretty much a free kill to anyone who wants it...

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Axe is kind of funny, since his RPM goes way up if you just add more creeps. Farm a single easy camp @ lvl1? Argh. Farm a stacked easy camp @ lvl1? Spin to win, done in five seconds flat.
    Or get no spins regardless of how many creeps are present and die horribly because fuck you.

Honestly, Helix seems like a skill that needs to be on PRD. They'd have to go back and spend some time tinkering with the cooldown since spins would occur much more reliably... but, honestly, spinning is so important to Axe's early game that it really feels like it should be more consistent. An Axe that gets lucky with spins will often have a game considerably different from one that isn't lucky with spins.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow