Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Alliance vs Rox in D2L just now HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA. Watch last 15min. Hilarious.

Incoming Blink Slark in pubs ªª
    Lol, but seriously Slark is one of my favorite hero to begin with. I dont think getting blink on him is really great in pubs. Its like slarks rushing shadow blades in high ranked matchmaking, personally i never do that his ult and movement is enough to keep you alive and cannot be countered like shadow blade. Slark is literally unstoppable mid game against str heroes, supports and most agi carries. Only time i ever have a harder time mid game is when the enemy team gets doom and the doom actually knows he should only doom slark. If anyone else gets doomed, its time to win a teamfight. If people start rushing blinks on slark all of sudden im gona face palm, even 4400 MMR people dont ward or have team awarness strong enough that requires a slark to blink to get his leaps off at all. Im not against the new all blink meta, love blink WK for exemple, i just think for pub this is overdoing it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Lol, but seriously Slark is one of my favorite hero to begin with. I dont think getting blink on him is really great in pubs. Its like slarks rushing shadow blades in high ranked matchmaking, personally i never do that his ult and movement is enough to keep you alive and cannot be countered like shadow blade.
    I think Shadowblade is an excellent choice on Slark in many situations. It allows you to be off the map and roam enemy jungle, much like a Clinkz and you can jump supports for easy kills. It also forces them to ward the whole map with sentries to know where you are but you can counter-ward those because of your ultimate. Supports will also have to hug their team a lot more because they're afraid to get picked off by you. If you don't have a Shadowblade it is much easier for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Ember is hard to kill but his damage is spread over all 4 of his abilities. He is not likely to be a huge threat until late mid game and he can't just farm because he will get out carried by hypers. His ganks are strong but you can't gank and farm at the same time. Next time level 9 ember comes to kill you just melt flame shield and he will do no damage.

What makes him op is his map presence and ability to go in and out of fights constantly. Even late game he is only scary to supports, but so are all carrys. Try being dazzle against 4 slotted storm.
    The strength of Ember is that he's not the hard carry of his team though. Ember doesn't need the nerf Earth Spirit(Earth Spirit that knew what he was doing was a gamebreaker) needed but without a nerf he's always a first pick material in both pubs and pro matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I think Shadowblade is an excellent choice on Slark in many situations. It allows you to be off the map and roam enemy jungle, much like a Clinkz and you can jump supports for easy kills. It also forces them to ward the whole map with sentries to know where you are but you can counter-ward those because of your ultimate. Supports will also have to hug their team a lot more because they're afraid to get picked off by you. If you don't have a Shadowblade it is much easier for them.
    Personally i play slark in team ganking line up not really as a solo ganker, shadow blade gives me very little. Blink dagger would be better for me even, but like i said i dont think even the best pubs i played had the level of team awarness and reaction that would require me to get a blink dagger. Mabye if i was the only form of initiation and the other team does not have doom, would i probably go for such a strategy. Im not against these items, slark is a hero that do not exactly need stats to work well so im all for active situational items.

I personally dont like the rushing shadowblade style because its a wasted slot pretty quickly. An early/mid game slark is strong enough that not knowing where he is or knowing where he is, is enough to make a team back off creating space. You might get more solo kills, but eventually when team fights break out you have this 3000 gold slot doing nothing for you, instead of another better item that would help slark stays in the team fight longer, which is what the hero is about when it comes to team fight.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are techies confirmed next week?

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The strength of Ember is that he's not the hard carry of his team though. Ember doesn't need the nerf Earth Spirit(Earth Spirit that knew what he was doing was a gamebreaker) needed but without a nerf he's always a first pick material in both pubs and pro matches.
    To be honest im more interested in how they will nerf ember if at all. Im gona bank on nerfing his ult again most likely, because i dont see them nerfing sleight of fist. If it wasent for sleight of fist damage scaling ES would be one of the worse heroes in the game, his damage output is mediocre, his survivability in direct combat is mediocre. If sleight of fist is nerfed in any way hes probably gona drop to trash tier because of this. Mid game most of his damage comes from fire shield, i dont see them nerfing this either. Its really only the mobility they can tweak again a little bit i guess.

Rox.kiss playing as we remember before TI3, pure awsomness after all this trash naga/ember/morph games.

I imagine that if they're nerfing Ember they'll nerf his cast point for the ult. He escapes really, really fast from danger if he just puts down a spirit somewhere out of range of the enemy before going in.

Bzz is the most panicking Invoker I've ever seen. 5 heroes chasing me, what to do, what to invoke.. Forge Spirits! Oh wait, that spell doesn't do shit to help me escape, what now? Tornado! Throw it! Damn, I forgot I only have 2 points in Wex, it didn't even reach them, what now? Run... Dead.

Why do they give him the hero, instead of giving it to Solo, is not clear to me.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-04-23 at 09:29 PM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Personally i play slark in team ganking line up not really as a solo ganker, shadow blade gives me very little. Blink dagger would be better for me even, but like i said i dont think even the best pubs i played had the level of team awarness and reaction that would require me to get a blink dagger. Mabye if i was the only form of initiation and the other team does not have doom, would i probably go for such a strategy. Im not against these items, slark is a hero that do not exactly need stats to work well so im all for active situational items.

I personally dont like the rushing shadowblade style because its a wasted slot pretty quickly. An early/mid game slark is strong enough that not knowing where he is or knowing where he is, is enough to make a team back off creating space. You might get more solo kills, but eventually when team fights break out you have this 3000 gold slot doing nothing for you, instead of another better item that would help slark stays in the team fight longer, which is what the hero is about when it comes to team fight.
    I don't think it's a waste. How are you going to pressure their carry from farming his woods if he knows exactly where you are because you ran past their observer ward without invisibility or he knows you can't gank him because he got ward coverage? Shadowblade creates insane space if you have it on Slark but it's not only that; if you don't have Shadowblade no one will be afraid of getting picked off because they will see you approaching.

Slark is not a heads-up teamfighter and I don't think he should be played that way. He creates pressure by constantly pickign people off and removing enemy their vision and make them underfarmed so once you have a teamfight you have such an advantage that you will stomp the fight. Furthermore, Shadowblade has its uses in fights too. It provides decent DPS and ability to engage and disengage and re-engage with full HP. You can also ambush the supports if they are not careful and don't have perfect sentry ward coverage. It also allows you to get away if you are about to die unless the enemy has Gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    No hero needs the nerf earth spirit got, not even earth spirit. Swapping the damage and CC of his QE was a good idea to prevent the herp derp 2k range instant cast stun/nuke that people can't do anything about, but the nerf to the CD of his rocks pretty much made him unusable. He drops all 6 rocks on a skirmish and he's out of the game for ten bloody minutes, which is just unacceptable as a support.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I imagine that if they're nerfing Ember they'll nerf his cast point for the ult. He escapes really, really fast from danger if he just puts down a spirit somewhere out of range of the enemy before going in.
    yeah but if u nerf that then.. what ember spirit can do? he's really squishy hero, he need the ulti to run or well kill some1
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    yeah but if u nerf that then.. what ember spirit can do? he's really squishy hero, he need the ulti to run or well kill some1
    A nerfed cast point doesn't mean it'd be the next Bloodseeker. Ember currently has no cast point at all, making it exceedingly difficult to catch him even with the best of initiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    A nerfed cast point doesn't mean it'd be the next Bloodseeker. Ember currently has no cast point at all, making it exceedingly difficult to catch him even with the best of initiations.
    just a cc and he's dead. hell I've been playing ember spirit myself and one game there was a gondar, he got orchid really fast and pretty much fucked me up early game and well pretty much most of the game lol

I know that's the only way u can gank a good ember, being invi and CC him before he uses his ulti but well. he isn't the only hero that has "op" ability to run away.

and a nerfed cast point, unless it nerfed as the range of casting it. It's going to be the "same" ability to run away.. but less exploitable like tping to gank then coming back to ur late etc. which is one of the funniest thing for me
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2014-04-24 at 12:21 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post
    I know that's the only way u can gank a good ember, being invi and CC him before he uses his ulti but well. he isn't the only hero that has "op" ability to run away.
    I'm just saying this is how I foresee him being nerfed. Let him maintain his killing potential, but make easier to initiate on him.

Deleted
    Is ember (in a pub) gets his drums and deso then its pretty much gg, I've won my last 7/8 game as him (should have been 8/8 but a person left when I was 5 / 1/ 0) - can easily 2 shot support at this point and it takes maybe 15 - 20 minutes to get this kind of farm, granted heroes like storm and qop can do this at this point aswell, ember has the advantage of hitting the entire team for 500 dmg.

If they want to nerf sleight, they should just make it take longer for him to cycle through his targets. It's already a clean two seconds to hit a whole team + creep wave during a siege, and he is "rooted" to the ground during the duration, you can easily rush him while he flies through the air. Imagine if they increase the time he spends hitting each target by even .1-.2 seconds, suddenly using sleight on 5 heroes and 10 creeps becomes a huge risk because they have several seconds solid to mob you where you land.

But a problem that remains is that he can just ult to get away unless his timing is off. Though a Disruptor ult on the ground will demolish him, not an awful lot else is going to stop his escape fast enough, or am I wrong in thinking this Lysah?

If he has ultimate charges up already, then yes he is pretty much impossible to kill unless you have impeccable timing with silence/ground AoE. But doing that costs him the ability to use his ultimate to go into the fight, which just makes him a poke hero and if your team can't handle a few pokes you have bigger issues.

As far as I'm concerned, him two shotting supports at 15-20 minutes is a pretty big overstatement. With flame shield, his ultimate, and chains, yes he can demolish most supports and even most heroes. But it's not sleight that lets him do that, it's his 1200 spell damage. If you let him get 3x bfury daedalus desolator and just sit back and sleight your whole team then yes it's going to add up to a lot of damage but you deserve it for letting a 900 health Ember farm that much gold.

He is weak enough that even if he has charges at base you can send 1 hero to scare him off and if you're forcing him to ult away from lanes just to not die he is definitely not going to farm well. Send Viper after him, he can't afford to stick around and if he neglects to have an ult charge up he won't be able to and is a free kill, the movespeed slow cripples his ultimate as well.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2014-04-24 at 09:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Amusing how people used to say Shadowblade was garbage tier pub trash on Slark a year ago, and it's only received nerfs since then.

Slark + Omniknight. I'm actually surprised people aren't running that, it's OP as fuck.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow