Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    why do witch doctors in pub take healing in early game T.T
    I usually get heal first or second, and I might not be the best Witch Doctor, but it works well, the heal is pretty crazy at level 1 and more reliable than Maledict is.
    And also old habit, it used to suck terribly on mana late game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    That's when you go W and E and right-click build. When Brood was at her peak people usually picked Timbersaw to lane against her. Any good Brood just didn't go Spiderlings and raped the Timber.
    repel destroyed my E and they didn't really needed vision to deny my farm, it was horrible game. I was solo laning against freaking seer and omni, how stupid this lane was in your opinion?
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-05-04 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    Never ever ever ever playing solo again on a Saturday night-ish.

PS : Actually the first time ever in 1500 games that I see the icon for when you shout too loud on voip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I keep getting matched with people who are beyond the boundaries of bad
    didnt understand a word of english
    they were all russian
    You literally said the same thing 3 times.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2014-05-04 at 02:38 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

My guess would be E to make him miss last hits and at level 6 run at him with Insatiable hunger. He can either have E high level and not be able to run away or have high damage in nukes but then you just wear him down slowly. You can't have both 12 armor and high level chain and also nuke down waves. Pick one. He won't have enough mana to keep himself up in farm and will fall more and more behind. You can't spam Q constantly unless you bottle crow but that is usually reserved for middle lane. I've never ran the lane myself but I never saw Timbers win.
    1 rank of chain is enough to get away from brood, easily. With the armor/regen she can't even hurt you with her 40 damage anyway, and if she does try to go all out with ult you can just walk away at a snail's pace and then chain away when you're out of the web so she can't catch up so fast.

Actually I was mid timber vs brood some time ago, and it was not really a hard lane all things considered (lol no trees in mid).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    why do witch doctors in pub take healing in early game T.T
    Because level 1 roshan and megapush lineup. Otherwise I dont see a reason and all and just take either Maledict or Cask.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    1 rank of chain is enough to get away from brood, easily. With the armor/regen she can't even hurt you with her 40 damage anyway, and if she does try to go all out with ult you can just walk away at a snail's pace and then chain away when you're out of the web so she can't catch up so fast.

Actually I was mid timber vs brood some time ago, and it was not really a hard lane all things considered (lol no trees in mid).
    Okay, so you go defensive build. How are you going to outfarm her?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Wait you're saying before now you thought the matchmaking was "okay"? Lol.
    You haven't seen bad matchmaking if you think Dota 2's system is bad. Try some Dust 514.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Wait you're saying before now you thought the matchmaking was "okay"? Lol.
    i feel like i am in the minority when i tell people i have no qualms with the matchmaking system

i think it works fine and i fluctuate between 4k and 4k3 rating on my ranked account

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    i feel like i am in the minority when i tell people i have no qualms with the matchmaking system

i think it works fine and i fluctuate between 4k and 4k3 rating on my ranked account
    I think the MM is working fine too. The skill difference is noticeable between brackets and most games are balanced in terms of MMR except for the very top MMR and bottom I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only think that I feel really needs changing with MM is the rating gains/losses when playing with or against somebody who has abandoned.

I definitely understand the frustration people have with players being bad, but... well, shit happens. It's not so much MM being bad as much as it's inconsistent ability on a player to player basis.

Trends happen as well, and many people are unwilling to really deal with it properly. When I joined Dota the first thing I realized that probably improved my MMR was that somebody has to get shit done. What I saw was so often that heroes like Sniper and Drow were doing well, and not because they were well farmed or anything, but simply because people didn't "want to die", so they'd run away instead and... uh, die.

Anyhow, what I'm getting at is that Dota 2 has pretty alright matchmaking. Most enemies will be on an even level. Most problems you'll have is just poor overlap between players' capabilities. It's not like Dust 514 where you will meet players who are ridiculously stronger than you just by what they wear already, but also have a near infinite amount of money to replace said equipment whenever they please...
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2014-05-04 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    The problem with people feeling they are getting bad players on their team is because people are delusional. Most players are right were they are supposed to be.

I can't tell you how obnoxious people are to me when I play on my smurf that is like 1k MMR below my main. They flame me for bottle crowing because they are not used to putting items on the chicken when the chicken is in base for that 2-3 seconds because they lack the awareness. They flame me for picking SF mid because that can't possibly win. They call me bad. They give up because the game is going a bit bad and they're not getting farm. I never get flamed for those things when I play on my main.

They all think they're better than me when the reality is I'm 10 times the player they are and I see all the mistakes they make but they keep thinking the MM system is matching them with bad players when they are playing with people of their own skill level. People have their own idea about how the game works and should be played and most of the times it's wrong and the whole reason for why they suck but they refuse to believe it.

Okay, so you go defensive build. How are you going to outfarm her?
    She's got no damage, and even if you get unlucky and miss constantly with the debuff up you will farm easily once you get 6. Can't really stop the Saw from farming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    She's got no damage, and even if you get unlucky and miss constantly with the debuff up you will farm easily once you get 6. Can't really stop the Saw from farming.
    Her attack damage is about same as Timbersaw and she has the advantage of coming out of invis when she last hits so you can't react to her hits. At level 3 you are going to miss 40% of you hits. So at best you will get around 40% of the creeps. And that's not counting her trying to deny you too and trade hits with you whenever she isn't last hitting.

She probably also goes PMS to ignore your damage completely and get 6 more agility. From there she will get an item advantage and by the time you are 6 you will just get harassed down. 6 doesn't even allow you to farm that much unless you got Arcane boots or Bottle and those items are going to be hard to farm up when you are missing so much CS. But if we assume you can freely farm at 6 (which you can't), what allows you to stop her from farming freely, which she has done from minute 1, compared to the Timbersaw who just started free farming?

Timbersaw is a direct counter to broodmother in his solo lane. You are focusing too much on last hits miss chance, when the reason why that is, is because timbersaw cannot be pushed off the lane by broodmother + most supports and that on the other hand timbersaw can push her out of lane completely for how ever long he wants. A single chain hit is enough to take broodmother under half her hp, hell i get firstbloods against broodmothers and weavers (simular hps heroes) in a matter of seconds before i even hit lvl 5. All it requires is one sentry.

I know someone that says that Morphling is OP, is this true?

Morphling is not op, hes a fine hero with the right build on the right team. Your other thread mentions he can kill riki, if riki knows what hes doing and its not a teamfight riki has the upper hand because of smoke, making it impossible to use spells to exit the smoke or change into strength to get hp back. But since its a team game, riki is less useful than a good morphling will be, in a teamfight morphling can just blow up a riki with an eblade.

okay, i see your point. the person i talk to are a new person to the game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Timbersaw is a direct counter to broodmother in his solo lane. You are focusing too much on last hits miss chance, when the reason why that is, is because timbersaw cannot be pushed off the lane by broodmother + most supports and that on the other hand timbersaw can push her out of lane completely for how ever long he wants. A single chain hit is enough to take broodmother under half her hp, hell i get firstbloods against broodmothers and weavers (simular hps heroes) in a matter of seconds before i even hit lvl 5. All it requires is one sentry.
    I was talking about when she was at her peak. Which means she could just run into the trees and sentry won't do much and it's an investment to spend 200 gold that early for Timber. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure Brood would win at her peak but that is what I saw in all my games.

We can try it if you want and see if you can push me out of lane.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-05-04 at 08:03 PM.