Actually, if you go through my recent history, I have a bunch of losses where I was godlike or better with nothing but feeder allies. I have a bunch of wins where my team was losing the entire time and should not have won, but someone on the enemy team got picked and that was that. It's not fun to win or lose like this, but this is 95% of DotA matches.
What I want is to be bad at the game again, to have room to grow and something to look forward to. To be able to look at my losses and pick out things I could have done better that would have *mattered.* To be able to look at my enemies' mistakes and be grateful I was able to exploit them, instead of just accepting it as an inevitability.
I actually appreciate young player perspective on this issue, because they have a more pure and realistic view of the game since they are not biased by experience and knowledge. Trixie herself has admitted that the game is only interesting for the lane phase, and why is that? Because once team fights and pushes start happening, one team is clearly the winner already, and the only way the game plays out in any other direction is a big mistake by one person. This is how DotA is for me, I can call the winner of a game by 15 minutes and be right 90% of the time, the other 10% are just dumb mistakes someone makes that lose the game for his entire team. It's the "got free farm top - bought divine rapier" effect, except more profound. Why do you think pros stack power lanes now instead of playing for late game?
DotA will change, it always does, and it will be more interesting when it does. Until then, the most fun I've had are games where I get a colletive agreement from my team not to care about winning. My favorite games have been games where we did 5 as a lane or 4 man ganked mid three times in a row at the start of the game.