Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    I wish I could see what kind of logic Icefrog used when he implemented the ultimate for Magnus.

What a bullshit skill.
    If the enemy has a Magnus, it's likely that they'll go either for teamfights or someone who can be everywhere at once (Tinker/Furion). Splitpush splitpush splitpush.
    They're also very likely to congregate onto the RP location once it is finished, ripe for Golems, Black Holes, tornadoes, what have you. It's not so much a bullshit skill as Skewer is way too much free mobility for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Faceless void with like a word with you, and Lina.
    Yeah, true, but at least Void's ulti doesn't bunch you up into a crowd, ripe for AoE. And Lina's is single-target only. Luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    If the enemy has a Magnus, it's likely that they'll go either for teamfights or someone who can be everywhere at once (Tinker/Furion). Splitpush splitpush splitpush.
    They're also very likely to congregate onto the RP location once it is finished, ripe for Golems, Black Holes, tornadoes, what have you. It's not so much a bullshit skill as Skewer is way too much free mobility for him.
    Yeah, I guess isn't as effective if you don't bunch up.

Skills like Reverse Polarity are just MADE for pubstomping. It's not too bad in itself, but like you said, Skewer just adds to the mix of stupidness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lina is slow and squishy and BKB makes her useless. Hell, Pipe hurts her plenty, too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Lina is slow and squishy and BKB makes her useless. Hell, Pipe hurts her plenty, too.
    Yup but do you run around with a BKB or pipe at level 6ish?
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by rivenda View Post
    yup but do you run around with a bkb or pipe at level 6ish?
    farm better bronze scrub !

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup but do you run around with a BKB or pipe at level 6ish?
    Nope, but Lina's not very dangerous at that level unless she's being given a lot of farm or you're being stupid and running around in front of her with 500 HP.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Nope, but Lina's not very dangerous at that level unless she's being given a lot of farm or you're being stupid and running around in front of her with 500 HP.
    You know her full combo does 830 damage at that level, right.

Deleted
    she only needs a stun and a spell to leave the ulti to kill off most carries.. and thats when alone.

I was wondering if you could active Sand Kings Ulti then once the channel is finnish then go use SandStorm would the Epiccenter then still do damage?
    Yes, epicenter continues to damage no matter what, even if you die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okuu View Post
    You know her full combo does 830 damage at that level, right.
    If you get hit by LSA without something helping her set it up, you deserve to get gibbed anyway.

I'm just not convinced she's very dangerous without someone helping her set it up or without being given farm. She's very slow and very squishy and has very long cast animations, it's really easy to dodge LSA if you aren't already stunned or slowed.

Deleted
    If you get hit by LSA without something helping her set it up, you deserve to get gibbed anyway.

I'm just not convinced she's very dangerous without someone helping her set it up or without being given farm. She's very slow and very squishy and has very long cast animations, it's really easy to dodge LSA if you aren't already stunned or slowed.
    It's not like everyone at level 6 is running around with Travels, Drums and Yasha. Getting hit by LSA is unavoidable unless you want to give up farm.

You can't say it's easy to dodge her stun just because her animation is long. Unless you want to stay wayyyy back and not do anything. But again, everything depends on the situation, what hero you are and such. Lina is not OP at all though and neither is magnus' RP. DS' vacuum also bunches everything together at bigger AoE and lower CD, of course w/o the stun but still very strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    You can't say it's easy to dodge her stun just because her animation is long. Unless you want to stay wayyyy back and not do anything. But again, everything depends on the situation, what hero you are and such. Lina is not OP at all though and neither is magnus' RP. DS' vacuum also bunches everything together at bigger AoE and lower CD, of course w/o the stun but still very strong.
    Magnus is OP because after RP he's going to cleave your whole team with his AOE damage. Everything he does is AOE, and Shockwave is pretty much a better Dragon Slave.

I'm amused that pros are only just now discovering how ridiculously strong Clockwerk is in the right setup. Cogs are so stupidly good.

I'm amused that pros are only just now discovering how ridiculously strong Clockwerk is in the right setup. Cogs are so stupidly good.
    trends, trends everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    trends, trends everywhere
    Yeah. Doesn't always make sense to me but I guess they do most of their testing different heroes when money isn't on the line. Clock also got some pretty sizable buffs over the last few patches to shore up some of his old problems.

Cogs probably needs to be rescaled though... 5 seconds at level 1 is a LONG time.

Yeah. Doesn't always make sense to me but I guess they do most of their testing different heroes when money isn't on the line. Clock also got some pretty sizable buffs over the last few patches to shore up some of his old problems.

Cogs probably needs to be rescaled though... 5 seconds at level 1 is a LONG time.

The shifts are common - its because you find the next way to beat your opponents next tactic. Like in chess. Any(...most) hero can be great against the right setup and in the right situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    The shifts are common - its because you find the next way to beat your opponents next tactic. Like in chess. Any(...most) hero can be great against the right setup and in the right situation.
    What doesn't make sense is that people will continually play the same way throughout an entire tournament, picking the same core heroes, even though everyone else is "used to" playing against those heroes.

Magnus is OP because after RP he's going to cleave your whole team with his AOE damage. Everything he does is AOE, and Shockwave is pretty much a better Dragon Slave.

most magnus don't go with damage items so even with empower, his cleave isn't really the problem. The long stun that goes through bkb is much more troublesome. In terms of AoE combo with other heroes, DS is much better.

Magnus doesn't need other heroes. Can't tell you how many times I've seen Magnus stop a tower push early game by himself. He teleports to the tower and people figure "he's only level 9 let's just destroy him" and then he ults skewers and shockwaves 4 heroes and they're all at maybe 20% life left if not dead from full health. Skewer needs to probably not be such a hard AoE nuke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    most magnus don't go with damage items so even with empower, his cleave isn't really the problem. The long stun that goes through bkb is much more troublesome. In terms of AoE combo with other heroes, DS is much better.
    DS is only better if you stand in it, and it's over time. Magnus is pure burst - RP, skewer, shockwave, and there's more damage than a Lina combo, and all of it's AOE and unavoidable (because you're stunned.)