Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    "how is this balanced?" ROFL
    I agree.

Also that golden black hole is pretty sweet. Taking donations to my 100 compendium levels fund.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I agree.

Also that golden black hole is pretty sweet. Taking donations to my 100 compendium levels fund.
    I mean the ONE thing that keeps me from getting really fucking salty about Ebolarino Spiritino being so absurdly overpowered is the fact that he takes just a modicum of mechanical skill to actually do well with, as opposed to ye olde HO HO, HA HA, SHRAPNEL! that was basically just "have map awareness enough to not die 400 times, attack-move people from 900 range, laugh obnoxiously, collect MMR". I generally dislike overpowered cores a lot more than I dislike overpowered supports/offlaners like Ebola Spirit.

Sniper has to farm, and he dies if someone gets near him. Storm presses Q and jungle camps die instantly, he presses R and heroes die instantly, he gets ganked and teleports 6000 units to total safety. There are heroes that take a lot less skill than Sniper. Hell, I think Troll takes a lot less skill than Sniper. Sniper doesn't 500 movespeed walk away from a gank because he can instantly spam two extremely strong CCs and has built in health and armor.

I generally dislike all brainless heroes, anyone who can push one button and win. SF and Luna are both way worse than Sniper because even when they inevitably lose their lane because they are awful they will just go farm jungle and still have 800 GPM and win the game. SF is actually the highest average GPM hero in the game, even above Alchemist, how fucked up is that on a hero that also has one of the highest burst damage ultimates and the ability to instagib just about any hero at level 5/7 AND a fantastic debuff aura, oh and tons of built in damage so he doesn't need to actually buy DPS items to carry.

Edit:
    Wait, looks like Alch is just barely passing SF now with the buffs giving him 600g bounty runes and 1200 gpm if he can farm his jungle every 60 sec.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2015-05-06 at 07:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bara>Sniper after headshot change, isn't it?

On difficulty of sniper, i always thought about him as very basic hero, not in sense of being easy to play, but in sense of requiring "general" skill of dota, how turn speed works, how mini-stun affect heroes, how to spend your mana, how to get in proper position and how to use terrain for your advantage (making bara to push you off cliff when he charges/ults for example, or plain shooting from 1k range on HG on poor Balanar who can't do shit about it) and all means of his defense is basic stuff like positioning, he doesn't have that much to actually "use", all he has is general dota mechanics. If you start by playing Sniper, you most likely not going to like him and will lose a lot, but if you learn sniper - playing other characters will be significantly easier.

Speaking of killing jungle camps instantly - SD does that while also stacking them to infinity everywhere. All you need is bunch of clarities/soul ring/bottle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    That Earth Spirit is a total hero.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I mean the ONE thing that keeps me from getting really fucking salty about Ebolarino Spiritino being so absurdly overpowered is the fact that he takes just a modicum of mechanical skill to actually do well with, as opposed to ye olde HO HO, HA HA, SHRAPNEL! that was basically just "have map awareness enough to not die 400 times, attack-move people from 900 range, laugh obnoxiously, collect MMR". I generally dislike overpowered cores a lot more than I dislike overpowered supports/offlaners like Ebola Spirit.
    ES is one of those heroes that when you can play him well, you can make awesome and flashy plays like the one above. If you're not any good with him at all, you'll end up looking like a complete idiot most of the time. I'd like more Heroes to be like him, when you actually lose to him it more that you got outplayed rather than him just having to right click on you and there was nothing you could do it about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    That Earth Spirit is a total hero.

ES is one of those heroes that when you can play him well, you can make awesome and flashy plays like the one above. If you're not any good with him at all, you'll end up looking like a complete idiot most of the time. I'd like more Heroes to be like him, when you actually lose to him it more that you got outplayed rather than him just having to right click on you and there was nothing you could do it about it.
    Disarm ftw
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Disarm ftw
    BKB.

10cha
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    BKB.

10cha
    Fiends Grip. I won.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of her power in her ult still relies on not being interrupted, which is very easy to do, so I think she'll be okay. At the current time, Enigma still does everything she does and better. Faster jungler, better CCer, much more damage, better ultimate. She's mostly a good substitute for lane support and roaming help, and an ultimate that actually does its own damage (she's a great pick to counter Slark pickers for example).

Feels that way to me too, though I know better. I think it's partly because the value keeps stagnating since it isn't updated constantly, and the fact that it started off so explosively. It has slowed considerable from the first 24 hours, which is obvious, but it still makes it feel like it's growing slowly in the long run.

I think he's just a really popular hero and the compendium rewards are designed around what will sell, not what the game needs, which is why Troll and Zeus are looking like potential candidates for the next two immortal sets. We all know a Viper immortal would be a great chance for them to fix the model without having to actually fix the model, just like they did with the NS set, but nobody gives a shit about Viper so it's unlikely.
    in the last patch they did open up all item slots for Troll while zeus only has a taunt item slot. So a troll immortal set is pretty close to come here. zeus i´m not sure altough that bug in the immortal treasure 3 stl bugs me with zeus his picture.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Cent Ult seems heavily bugged, i've also heard that you can walk through Chrono while Stampede is active.

Bara>Sniper after headshot change, isn't it?
    SB is melee and does no damage. He'll be good against Sniper for the first 20 minutes or so, then Sniper will just shoot him dead. Also, assassinate should stop charge if he can use it in time. I think there are better heroes for Sniper, such as Phoenix/NS/ES/PA/other gap closers that don't rely on not being stunned to do their combo. I mean, SB is good against just about everything early game, and people cry that he's broken, but then he loses all his games and never gets picked in competitive anyway.

Deleted
    Fiends Grip. I won.
    Have a Beastmaster on your team to cancel Grip? Or is that cheating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Have a Beastmaster on your team to cancel Grip? Or is that cheating
    Nightmare Beast first!

- - - Updated - - -

SB is melee and does no damage. He'll be good against Sniper for the first 20 minutes or so, then Sniper will just shoot him dead. Also, assassinate should stop charge if he can use it in time. I think there are better heroes for Sniper, such as Phoenix/NS/ES/PA/other gap closers that don't rely on not being stunned to do their combo. I mean, SB is good against just about everything early game, and people cry that he's broken, but then he loses all his games and never gets picked in competitive anyway.
    He does no damage when Broken, but after headshot change Sniper has no means to stop his ult and dies in 3 bashes

He does no damage when Broken, but after headshot change Sniper has no means to stop his ult and dies in 3 bashes
    Too bad you only get 2 bashes from charge and ult, where is the third one coming from? Everyone knows when you pick SB you never bash. Also, even with bashes the hero does zero damage after 20 minutes, he is only good for doing like 1200 health and anything above that he's awful. His attack animation and BAT are just plain terrible, and he suffers from the same issues a lot of strength carrys do, except heroes like Lycan farm hard in a way that SB can't to make up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just lost a game due to enemy PA having stupidly lucky RNG. I saw her get at least 5 kills in the early game due to pure blind luck. She'd get caught out with like 200 HP left, survive the stun with like 50 HP left, dodge however many attacks were sent her way, and then literally crit three times in a row and kill someone from full HP pretty much instantly. And, of course, you can't kite her or run from her because 1200 range dagger with 66% uptime on a 50% slow and 1000 range blink with pretty much 100% uptime and no meaningful cooldown or mana cost for either is totally balanced.

Doesn't matter which lane you send her to, because she'll get farm and XP guaranteed with dagger spam. Maybe not a lot, but how many other heroes can solo offlane vs a triple stun trilane and do anything other than cry by their tower and try not to feed too hard? She doesn't need many items because she already gets a ridiculous amount of damage from her ult, free attack speed from her blink, and she has good AGI gain too. BKB so you can become literally unstoppable. Skull Basher because it's an extremely overpowered item in general and because the hero clearly needs more RNG. Then whatever else, I guess?

Like, how the fuck has this hero not been nerfed into the ground? How have the pros been ignoring her during the heydey of Troll, one of the best heroes to pair her with? PA shits all over right-click Juggy and at worst breaks even in a manfight with Troll, yet she never got picked. Why? Do they think that ultra-greed Arteezy style mid PA is the only way of running her or something?

The hero basically doesn't have a weakness. Sure, she gets blown up by disables, Laguna Blade, etc. But that applies to almost literally every other hero in the entire game! It's not exactly a PA-specific weakness. I wouldn't even call it a weakness, just a gameplay feature. Birds sing, grass grows, Lina outskills people by clicking R.

She requires even less player involvement than Viper and Leoric, and one of those heroes is literally a one-button hero! PA literally just walks up to her target and starts rolling dice. If you're Lysah, you get a bunch of 1's and 3's and people probably go "wow PA sucks, buffs pls volvo." For everyone else, PA gets a bunch of 20's and facerolls.

What the fuck is a hero like this doing in DotA? DotA's allegedly a skill-focused game? So why does a hero exist that seems to run completely counter to this idea?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

What the fuck is a hero like this doing in DotA? DotA's allegedly a skill-focused game? So why does a hero exist that seems to run completely counter to this idea?
    Ogre Magi?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Ogre Magi?
    Even Ogre Magi is less luck-based than PA. Not by much, but at least his defensive capabilities aren't also purely RNG-based.

I completly agree on the PA bandwagon, no idea why it has been almost skipped by picks. That hero was a sniper nightmare and troll early game. Only issue its definatly slower farmer than troll that farms from early game a decent chunk time faster.
    Last edited by Sorcereria; 2015-05-06 at 08:15 PM.

IDK, I find PA strong even given my typical level of RNG. I've actually considered playing games without skilling her ultimate just to prove she doesn't need it to carry. Sadly, the addition of break blade probably made this impossible. Also, the second any enemy carry gets MKB it's game over for you.

They do probably need to remove dagger crits. Nothing like going to lane against a level 7 PA and she just casually sends three daggers your way and hits you for 60% of your health without even coming within a screen's range which forces you back to fountain already because now she can't duel you with ease.