Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Never been vote kicked

All too often we see threads about people complaining about the vote kick function, complaining about being vote kicked, complaining about people complaining about being vote kicked, etc. Every time I read one of these it makes me ask myself,

Am I the only one that's never gotten vote kicked from a group?

I can't imagine that I am but I've never heard anyone else talk about it. I'm generally a polite and quiet person in group and carry my own weight but I definitely have plenty of rage moments that make me "that guy" in the group. Especially when I'm on my healer and especially when my healer was in his mid 60's healing DK tanks in a mix of agility and intel gear.

Anyway, I'm just curiously to see how many other people haven't gotten kicked before either. Are we actually a minority or the silent majority?

Was only vote kicked once within 5 minutes of entering a random dungeon by a guild group of 4 people. I think they just didn't want me rolling against their warlock for loot even though I was just there for VP, not that they really gave any time to asking.

Most likely the silent majority as are most people who still enjoy playing the game
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been vote kicked. You just will always hear the negative and never the positive when it comes to the internet/news.

Deleted
    I was vote kicked once, because I rolled on tanking gear as a joke (I'm a Holy Paladin). The tank had come into the dungeon and without even saying hello, he immediatly stated he was only there for that particular item. We joked and laughed throughout the entire dungeon, but apparently that was a joke he couldn't handle. I had every intention of trading him the item, but was kicked before I had the chance to. Haha. Joke's on them, right? =P

Deleted
    Yea i was kicked once too, because i made a slightly dumb joke ( nothing sexual or racist ), and i even apologized for that dumb joke afterwards. Well i still got kicked, then i realized they all came from a RP Server, dunno if thats why they were so sensible...

Nope, never have. a lot of that is because I just shut up and play, if the raid/dungeons is hopeless, I'll just leave rather than complain about it, plus I always pull me weight. But between LFR and LFD I've done hundreds of full runs and I've never had an issue.

Granted, I was kicked once pre-LFD because the tank couldn't hold aggro and he kicked me after I switched to blood to get adds off healer, but vote-kicked, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been kicked once for yelling at people for wiping to Hakkar for the umptenth time and causing me to miss being valor capped and taking another week before I could buy a piece of gear.

And another time, same boss, on my warrior because I went offline for all of 2 mins.

Hard to say whether you're the minority or the silent majority, but I think it does require a good amount of luck.

I was vote kicked once for asking the healer to stop pulling for me in a ZF run. Apparently pulling new groups as soon as the old ones died and pulling multiple groups at once wasn't fast enough for the healer.

What I find to be truly rare is not someone that's never been kicked, but to see a vote kick that fails.

I got votekicked before when the tank couldn't tank AOE trash and my frost DK kept getting aggro. The druid tank refuse to taunt off of me because he thinks it's my problem for getting aggro.

I have a druid tank, pally tank, warrior tank, and a DK tank ,and with how aggro is now, it is near impossible to lose aggro as a tank unless you aren't hitting your buttons.

when i was still playing wow i was never vote kicked
    i also never initiated a vote kick, but i've seen a couple times someone was votekicked because he gave me trouble
    being a tank is a pretty sure way, to not being votekicked

Deleted
    I was kicked once during wotlk, was tanking a random heroic in almost full dps gear on my warrior, they complained I was going too fast (still don't get why some people would want to spend 30 minutes in Ahn'kahet if you can do it in 8....) and kicked me while we were running to the last boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    While i haven't been vote kicked often. it has happened.. guild group in Culling of strat back in wrath (the rest were a guild group that is) no warning. no reason given. i wasn't causing any trouble. and was out dpsing all of them. they appearently just wanted to kick. *shrug*
    was also kicked for "low dps" in end times.. when i wasn't the low dps. the mage they kept was. people make no sense some times. easy as that.

Deleted
    I tank on most alts, and as long as I do my job, nobody will kick me because they don't want to wait an hour for another.

If I dps, I just shut up and do my job.

Since the whole 5man cross realm thing came in I've been votekicked twice. Never on my main though oddly enough, I can troll good natured-ly or say whatever and they just keep looking at the dps and leave me alone. Once was in LFR recently, I had no idea that it actually auto-accepted the invite for you, I was in the bathroom at the time. I just naturally assumed if I missed the queue id just requeue after I was done. And the other was in grim batol I think with my warlock, a tank and a healer did some things to make our group rage at them+ they kicked me. They either sat in a corner talking to themselves in /say or pulled mobs and jumped off a cliff in the instance. I'm fairly sure from the chat that whilst we were waiting for the kick timer to come back so we could kick the tank, they initiated their own kick on me and everyone clicked it without even checking the name.

Bear (right bear?I'm tired sorry) in mind anyway, I have gone to BH/VOA/LFR in awful gear with no achievements on alts, and still not kicked, because a) noggenfogger before transmog came out and b) if you do the dps to back up your claims people don't look at your gear.

I was votekicked by 4 guildies at the start of cata in the first heroic I did at 85. The entire party died to that stomp mechanic thing in the first boss of stonecore... they rage at me for not knowing mechanics... I point out we all died, (I was only dps so in no way impacted on their survival). They vote kick me. OK then.

Other than that i don't think so

I got kicked 2 times - first time right before the final boss without a reason and the second time when I told the tank he needs to tank all mobs not just one and let the others rape the healer.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Gratz to you then !

I get kicked out of LFR on a semi-frequent basis I'd say. I deserve it every time though. I don't think I've ever really been kicked in an instance or LFR where I wasn't trolling, complaining about bad players, etc.

And yes, I'm "that guy" who taunts yorsahj during red slime and pulls him to the wall.

never been kicked, but if a party member is a cocky jerk or won't stop trying to pull mobs when they're DPS then I will vote to kick them. i have a low tolerance for disrespect and rudeness in a game where we should all be having fun, not irritating other people. :o). constructive criticism is okay, but blatantly belittling another person is not.
    Last edited by brb lost my crayons; 2012-03-09 at 08:04 PM. Reason: fix my smiley face