Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Playing Hunter and Prot warriora and have never been kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonian View Post
    All too often we see threads about people complaining about the vote kick function, complaining about being vote kicked, complaining about people complaining about being vote kicked, etc. Every time I read one of these it makes me ask myself,

I can't imagine that I am but I've never heard anyone else talk about it. I'm generally a polite and quiet person in group and carry my own weight but I definitely have plenty of rage moments that make me "that guy" in the group. Especially when I'm on my healer and especially when my healer was in his mid 60's healing DK tanks in a mix of agility and intel gear.

Anyway, I'm just curiously to see how many other people haven't gotten kicked before either. Are we actually a minority or the silent majority?
    You do realize you answered your own question/comment, right?

You haven't been kicked because you are quiet. The people complaining about Vote to Kick? They obviously aren't quiet as well, they are complaining.

I have been kicked multiple times. Mostly because people were slacking on DPS while I heal/tank, and I call them out, and they try to kick me. Sometimes they get it, sometimes they don't.

Was kicked from LFR as a healer once. I was doing like half the healing done out of 6 healers. Said something. I got kicked. Had about 10 people from Proudmoore in the group, and all of them told me they left as without me, they didn't want to even bother trying to survive.

I have never been votekicked either. I have initiated several vote kicks, but only if someone is really being detrimental to the group. Jerks and AFKers are the main offenders.

15+ Year Old Account
    ive been vote-kicked in a dungeon only once. it was because the healer disagreed with the way I was gemmed (first time tanking a heroic, turned 85 hours before). healer then decided to stop healing me. We downed a boss without heals from them, and I only died because there was a dot on me after the fight. 2 ppl left group because i tried to vote kick the healer, and the healer was trying to vote kick me. with 2 other ppl left, they get the vote kick off, and I was gone.

Deleted
    I have never been kicked but i like to votekick alot

I've never been kicked (although I have left a few groups that had no hope of completion, I gave it like 30 minutes though I didn't just ragequit), and I very rarely kick anyone unless they're being a total douchebag to other people in the group.

I was a member of this exclusive club for the longest time, I've still never been kicked on a max level character.

Then, one day I was doing Razorfen Kraul and one of the bosses spawns mobs that MC you. The healer got MCed and AoE'd down by the tank. I was there on my mage with my friend who was also on their low level mage. No one in the group could res. The tank had pulled all the trash near the boss as well as the boss at the same time, so there were bodies everywhere.

I ran around looting and the healer kept yelling at us to rez them, when none of us could. This was when guild perks were newer and not everyone and their grandma had mass res.

After they were done whining to be rezzed, they called me out for "teabagging" them because my character did the looting animation kneel while on top of their body and despite my response which was basically like "What? No I didn't. You need to run back, no one here can rez" they started vote kick and refused to release unless I was kicked. My mage friend left with me and we requeued. I put that person on ignore. It wasn't particularly traumatizing but I was a bit sad to lose my "never been kicked" status. I still haven't been kicked since. It was weird.

I usually don't initiate votekicks unless the person is completely incapable of filling their role (tank in full pvp gear that I can't heal with even my geared healer for instance), or actively griefing or otherwise abusing other group members.

If someone is just annoying, I just put them on ignore so I don't get them anymore.

If I need to give someone "advice", I whisper them so it doesn't embarrass them in front of the group. Like if the ret pally accidentally has RF on.
    Last edited by neccowafer; 2012-03-09 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    I have been kicked a few times from trying to tell people that their rotation is wrong, gems are wrong etc etc. Most people just cant take it when someone wants to help. Other then that i have kicked lots of people for walking into a hour of twilight hc with green lvl gear or just generally been an idiot.

Deleted
    I've actually survived an LFR votekick vote before lol.

I've never been vote kicked but one time some one tried to get me kicked for doing 7k dps.... while topping heals on my disc priest -_-

Deleted
    I have never been vote kicked from a group. But I have kicked a few, but it was rare.

Ive been kicked but deserved it each time and it was only once or twice, which isnt bad considering Ive run hundreds of randoms. Im fairly quiet and patient, but every once in a while some jackass in the group really irks me so I say something. Of course Im the one who gets kicked for not just being quiet and finishing the dungeon, but like I said it is my fault because I shouldve been the bigger person.

The other reason Ive been kicked is because of either a DC or my computer decides to do an update, shutdown, then restart, then install the updates. Cant blame the group for that.

i believe your the minority.. i used to be quiet and polite but one day i jus snapped.. now if someones being retarded i call them out on it. ive been votekicked by asshat guild groups around 2-3 times i think.. and once by a random group of scrubs that couldnt beat the dungeon without me.

ive never been kicked myself.... but ive kicked a lot of people
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Deleted
    I have never been vote kicked either i usaly just shut up and do my job as i tank aswell i guess they dont realy want to kick the tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only been vote kicked once or twice. It's really simple to not to be vote kicked. Don't be an ass (or utterly clueless what you are supposed to be doing).

15+ Year Old Account
    I was votekicked for being frostspec with mage in random HC even though I did top dps.

I've been votekicked once. I usually turn raid chat off in LFR, and as a result I completely missed people asking me for Blessing of Might on my Paladin. Only when someone whispered me did I realise, and even then I was kicked before I could say or do anything.

I guess getting the 10% AP and mana buff from other sources, thus making might entirely unnecessary, wasn't good enough?

I can only remember being kicked once. It was earily cata in vortex heroic on my hunter. On the first trash pull I got 4 eternal air from a dead mob. One of the dps immediately demanded I give them to him or I would be kicked (it was 4 people from the same guild). I refused and all of them started calling me a fail hunter and when the 15 min no kick period was up I was gonna be kicked. From there I just MD'd to the warlock everytime it was up, killed him twice lol. Then I was kicked. Tryed the old vote kick one of them first and hope the all agreed without looking who it was but it didnt work lol

Unfortunately I am not a member of the 'never been kicked' club, as I got the boot once on a very unique occasion.

I admire the player who started the vote against me, as it was something unique and unexpected. For those interested, here's what happened.

5-Man H LFD, average day, average players. Myself, a Protection Paladin, group-queued with a guildmate a Warrior DPS.

Dungeon started fine, with the first boss falling with ease. En route to boss two, my Warrior guildmate, and friend, makes a comical comment regarding the DPS of another group member, specifically the undergeared and likely fresh 85, DK DPS.

Rather than take the poor tasting joke as intended, the DK rose to the challenge and things quickly escalated between the two of them. I, the healer and the third DPS all stayed well clear of their 'conversation'. As we downed the second boss, it became clear that this DK had very little idea what he was supposed to be doing, by way of playing his character; which is entirely his right. However, my guildmate took things too far and as we approached the third and final boss of TotT (Skipped MCed dude), I was removed from the group.

After a brief conversation with my guildmate, I was able to piece together what happened. Apparently, the DK had begun to sense his position weaken, and in an attempt to lock out vote-kicks, he had started a vote on me, a player with the same guild tag as my friend who was giving him trouble. Now, not only did he start a vote against me, but in the 'Reason for kick' box, he put the phrase 'Bad DK'. Now my friend, and given my position in Orgrimmar, the rest of the group as well, glazed over the name and read the text printed in a larger font, and then hurried to accept the vote to kick; all the while I am blissfully unaware that my unneeded Justice Points were about to be forfeit.

The group successfully cleared the last pull of trash and boss without a tank, and my guild mate completed his daily; however I will never forget that day, or the cunning and ingenuity behind the DK's vote to kick.

Cheers for reading.
    -Vin-