Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    LittleBigPlanet!

Thanks to JustintimeSS for the awesome sig!

Deleted
    Maybe the Jak And Daxter triology? as far as i know the pricetag isnt ridicolous and you get 3 awesome games that arent too hard.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Get them the gift of outdoors and other real life activities. Young kids shouldn't sit on gaming consols and sure as hell shouldn't play anything on the internet. Get them a book or basketball.
    I disagree, I think that only closed minded people maintain that video games are bad for children. As long as said children still do some sort of physical activity, gaming is great for children. It teaches them many helpful lessons about problem-solving and sometimes even inspires them. It just depends on what games they play.

Rayman Origins!
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

15+ Year Old Account
    Lego games, sports games, anything non "violent" (considering there will be age restrictions on those and you will be kicking yourself if you have a kid that age playing those kinds of games) though Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank even with alot of firepower isn´t really violent compared to other games today - arcade type and animated games; as in Jak and Daxter / Ratchet and Clank animated . Disney stuff. Adventure games if possible - something where you think more than act.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

http://us.playstation.com/ps-product...veryone&page=1

Franchises: Jak & Dexter (everything after the second one has some mature themes, but a 7 year old probably won't know any of it), Ratchet and Clank, Sly, Sonic, Pokemon, Crash Bandicoot

Cool thing about those games is that 7 year old can enjoy them just as much as a teenager or a young adult.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-03-10 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artravus View Post
    I disagree, I think that only closed minded people maintain that video games are bad for children. As long as said children still do some sort of physical activity, gaming is great for children. It teaches them many helpful lessons about problem-solving and sometimes even inspires them. It just depends on what games they play.
    Some games can teach them things, many will not. Sitting for hours on end is bad for you at any age and a horrible habit for kids to get into. Sure maybe the kids can only play for 20 minutes then its not that bad, but that is rarely the case. Video games and tv are a cheap babysitter or way to keep the kids out of the parents hair for a bit. Dont get me wrong you need some down time as a parent there are just far better ways to get it. Honestly I see a 7 year old playing video games as the next step in bad parenting after you gave you a bottle filled with coke as a toddler. The next step being the "cool" parent that buys their kids booze and smokes when they are 13 and lets them drink at home.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    He is only allowed to play videogames on weekends(not even friday iirc) for few hours a day, so there shouldn't be issues about "zomg stays indoors playing games" and the parents seem to be quite strict about it.

And yes I agree, some games do teach solving puzzles and other stuff like that in fun way. My fav game as kid was T.I.M. and Monkey Island 3 etc not to mention zelda wind waker later on.

So far it seems that Ratchet and clank is good choice (cheap, translated, AAA quality with puzzles).
    So is Little Big Planet (cheap, translated, lot of puzzles!, Level creator)
    Jak & Daxter is cool but I'm not sure about the non-translated thing. However 3 games in 1 would take him ages to finish..
    I wonder would Portal 2 work..hmm..maybe not, its quite tricky =P

I'm quite sure he has Lego games. Good suggestions so far. I'm prolly going with R&C or LBP if I find em on stores.