Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItZMuRdA View Post
    Unfortunately we've come to expect more than just the legendaries, which isn't right, I think. If you do compare them to the Shadowmourne box and Tarecgosa's mount, however, I think the slow fall option is a bit underwhelming. I honestly thought the Heart/Soul of the Aspects would be somehow related to Fangs, rather than Blizzard Store. :|
    Yeah, same.
    Can maybe hope for atleast a guild reward to it eventually, when you look at the amount of guild achievements that grant a new reward to the vendor, it would be nice for the rest of them to get something from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    What about all the people who can't use legendary at all? last 2 was a staff and daggers, I play paladin I got nothing...
    Paladins got 2 during Wotlk, so yeah whine much?

Three pages in one hour on the rogue forums. It seems there are a lot of people who care about this.

My only gripe is that it takes so damn long for 10 mans. Either increase the time it takes for 25 mans to get it and let them work on three at once, or reduce the time it takes for 10 man to get them.

I'm impressed by all of the negative attitude because it's a valid point.

We got a legendary, so what? A legendary which cannot be used during any progress because there is no more 85 content. A legendary which likely will not even be used during leveling. A legendary which means we won't get one for progress purposes for the next 2-4 years. A legendary with which we are still being outdps'ed by warriors.

I would prefer a legendary without vanity items if we could use it for progress and be of any use to the guild. But if we cannot use it for anything I'd love some vanity items.
    Last edited by Ashvael; 2012-03-10 at 03:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    I'm impressed by all of the negative attitude because it's a valid point.

We got a legendary, so what? A legendary which cannot be used during any progress because there is no more 85 content. A legendary which likely will not even be used during leveling. A legendary which means we won't get one for progress purposes for the next 2-4 years. A legendary with which we still being outdps'ed by warriors.

I would prefer a legendary without vanity items if we could use it for progress and be of any use to the guild. But if we cannot use it for anything I'd at least like some vanity items.
    You might as well vendor them then ? No? Didn't think so.

still dont understand all the hate against the rogues i mean rogues were the least played class along with warlocks now that they get legendarys everyone is hatin why should we not get any rewards except the daggers ? is there any reason we should not get any reward ? and dont bring arguments like " because you are the only class using them" i was not our decision to make em rogue only i would share the legendarys even with a melee shaman and other melee classes but everyone would complain about why shamans get another legendary QQ ....
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2012-03-10 at 03:35 PM.

Jesus christ. Getting a fuckin' LEGENDARY and QQing that there's no extra mount or tabard that comes along with it?

Idon'twanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

All Legendary items are broken in current design...So far they ruin all balance in the game (caster staff lead to buffs to all melee and hunters) and all people can do about them is complain. You get a really cool story and design of an item it makes you somewhat special even though currently its stupidly easy to get and starting to become a requirement (staff).

Overall legendary items should be very hard to get and rare not 2-3 per guild they should only give a limited damage increase or provide the whole raids dps in the way that the Weapon increases the targets damage taken by X stacking to X... At least that way it will stop breaking the balance to the game to the point where player skill doesn't count for anything as you are buffed 5-6k by an item. Maybe in the future it should be guild based an no longer the personal glory for the player...lets face it after all no one gets a legendary alone there is always another 24 players there helping. Guild effort should not equal personal gains.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    still dont understand all the hate against the rogues i mean rogues were the least played class along with warlocks now that they get legendarys everyone is hatin why should we not get any rewards except the daggers ? is there any reason we should not get any reward ? and dont bring arguments like " because you are the only class using them" i was not our decision to make em rogue only i would share the legendarys even with a melee shaman and other melee classes but everyone would complain about why shamans get another legendary QQ ....
    We don't hate on rogues. We hate on people whining over not getting a mount or pet with the legendarys.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

10+ Year Old Account
    You are rewarded with an epic quest line that is tailored to your class, given an insight into some lore that other players can't experience in game: that's for starters.

I don't even need to bring up the fact that you get two legendaries that absolutely rip everything apart.

Sorry, I really don't feel rogues were left in the dust on this one. It's the first legendary that is designed to be used by only one class.

Shadowmourne didn't really give a mount; it gave some rewards indirectly to the raid: not even necessarily to the wielder himself. Dragonwrath gave a mount, but I gotta say it completely fit: for this weapon, they had the chance because of the lore behind it to incorporate something like this, and that really worked. What kinda mount would you expect a couple of tentacle-growing daggers to bless you with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Technically, tanks had a legendary in Shadowmourne.
    and where was the dodge/parry ? i havent seen a single MS DK tank using it. all the dps got it..

maybe a blackdragon mount ;D

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I'm mad about is not using it on progression, Been 8/8 H for 2 weeks now and I'm 56/60 this week, Oh well it is 10 man -.- however in 10 man DTR; By doing heroic's within the 10 man it was also faster. Now in terms of this legendary, Your at normal speed regardless of what you do.

Sigh

And yes I'm a bit irritated all our goody is was simply a on use 5 min CD Show wings thing but meh, Least I'll slaughter people in pvp for a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you arent satisfied with what you get when "only" getting the legendaries (plural - as in more than one even when they come together as a set its still more than one, the sword set from illidan dropped one at a time with luck)... then dont go for them. Its NOT a valid point to complain about not getting something extra since you do it to get the legendary and imo it should be harder to get it considering what a legendary should stand for - but nooo you want more cause someone else was able to loot something extra in wotlk (which is boe btw, the staff is only the one person).
    btw as others have stated as well there are plenty classes waiting their "turn" to be able to get a legendary item, so imo complaining that you need more just means you would have to wait that much longer to be able to get anything next time.

Besides that I agree that there should be more equality in getting a full one between 10 and 25 man. Saying there "might" be more rogues in a 25 man isn´t 100% valid imo due to the way people distribute the items - there "might" also be same amount of rogues in a 10 man, but obviously not as likely due to needed setup.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Why they don't make the spell-based "bonus" effects beyond the legendaries themselves is beyond me. Why isn't Visage of Tarecgosa an actual mount? What harm would it be to make the Black Dragonflight wings an actual spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Shallfull View Post
    I understand this will definitely get a lot of both positive and negative attention, but I really felt it needed addressing.
    5 years since our original legendary, the last 2 got mounts. We don't.
    Sad panda.

If any US rogues agree, I'd very much appreciate it if someone could post it on the US forums.
    EU ones seem to be often ignored virtually.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3484158543

Don't get me wrong,
    I LOVE that we're finally getting one once again - but I don't know, just seem a little miffed we didn't get anything besides a FoS and a legendary that will last 1 tier.
    Be happy with TWO legendary daggers, cool bat wings and the enjoyable solo quests made just for you.

Dont whine because you didnt get a shadowmounre type deal. That only happened because of all the amzing lore that was wrapped up with the fall of the LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Shallfull View Post
    Yeah, same.
    Can maybe hope for atleast a guild reward to it eventually, when you look at the amount of guild achievements that grant a new reward to the vendor, it would be nice for the rest of them to get something from it.
    You do realize your talking about Blizzard. The ones that hate patterns, trends, and anything predictable. You cant expect anything from them when it comes to one legendary containing something. Yes some ledgendaires may also be used as a novalty item but who cares, its a ledgendary you should be happy to get one. Take what you can get and stop bitching about it. Its a game, have fun and play it. If you cant have fun playing it cause your daggers dont turn you into a mount, give you a companion or give you a goodie bag, then stop playing and crying about it cause no one here wants to hear about it.

only thing i would add there should be some guild reward for it. i mean, the guild is making this stuff happen, they gather each week and help the rogue to farm this lame thing. there should be something they get as a reward of constant helping in the pure farm
    like a companion pet. or some cool /use thingy... whatever

Which legendary has ever been hard to obtain?

Thunderfury: Low drop chance and time/gold investment farming mats, and the support of a raid that could kill both Ragnaros and Thunderaan.
    Sulfuras: Low drop chance and time/gold investment farming mats, and the support of a raid that could kill Ragnaros.
    Warglaives of Azzinoth: Two low drop chances, and the support of a raid that kill Illidan.
    Thori'dal: Low drop chance and the support of a raid that could kill Kil'Jaeden.
    Val'anyr: You more or less only needed a raid that could down Yogg+3.
    Shadowmourne: You really only needed a raid that could go at least 11/12, and resources for 25 primordial saronites. There was some degree in personal skill in getting Light's Vengeance though.
    Dragonwrath: You need a raid that can down ragnaros. There is some gold required and personal skill for the quest "Through a glass, darkly."
    Fangs of the Father: You need a raid that can down madness. There is some gold required and personal skill for the three stealth quests.

Just because the cata legendaries are QUICKER doesn't mean they are EASIER. I'd argue that the easiest legendaries to get are either the vanilla or BC legendaries--they took time and a competent raid group, nothing more.

All legendaries took time, but shadowmourne and the cata ones are unique in that parts of the questline require PERSONAL skill because they are done solo. The shadowmourne one is watered down by the fact that you don't even need to kill the lich king to get it. It's the ONLY legendary that was ever obtainable without killing the final boss of its raid tier.
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-03-10 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Technically, only 1 spec of tank could use it and even then it was debated. You're not gonna convince any Warrior, Paladin, and especially not a Druid, that you've been hard done by with legendaries. Shut up and get your glaives, daggers, bow, and 1h sword out.
    If shadowmoune doesn't count for tanks the bow and thunderfury don't count for rogues