Deleted

So all signs show archaeology races pre-MoP will not get new rewards.

It is implied by them saying yesterday "we add new interesting races" and the common sense assumption that if you put a 500+ ilevel item in an old race it would be impossibly tedious to farm with it. Imagine trying to get an item out of 25-40 other items for example.

Does anyone disagree with this assumption?

Deleted
    wut? its supposed to be tedious...not push button get epix, did you ever actually read what archy was supposed to be for...all you have to do is fly around and press a button every few seconds, you dont deserve epics thrust into your lap for that >.>

Ok so your post is very vague but what i think i understood is that new races will be realeased with new rewards and none of the old ones currently active will get new artifacts. If this is the case. i think they will add a few into the old ones. i dont see them making any more than 3 new arch races so that wont be more than.... 15 new things at the most. I see them adding one or two new items to each one just to get people to keep doing the old areas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigyin109 View Post
    wut? its supposed to be tedious...not push button get epix, did you ever actually read what archy was supposed to be for...all you have to do is fly around and press a button every few seconds, you dont deserve epics thrust into your lap for that >.>
    I'm not whining as you imply. If anything, the one adding negativity here is you.

The new races can have as many artifacts as the ones currently do. So I don't see where you see the "easy epics" issue.

I think you are projecting. I'm an end-game raider, I don't want everyone to get easy epics.

---------- Post added 2012-03-11 at 12:56 AM ----------

In fact, it would be an EASY EPIC if you put them into an old race. I may have them completed and hence only try for the new items.

i.e. whining accusations -> silly.

Well they said the new continent will only have a couple races to get rid of the frustration of having to go through 3-4 races worthless digsites in hopes of getting the rare one you want. So for new items it will probably suck less. If you still haven't gotten the item you wanted (like the Tol'vir mount) I doubt they will make it any better.

It doesn't matter. Archeology is terrible and always will be. Just one more needless grind in an already grindy game.

Quote Originally Posted by eatenbyagrue View Post
    It doesn't matter. Archeology is terrible and always will be. Just one more needless grind in an already grindy game.
    Hey it was even grindier years ago.