10+ Year Old Account

SoR Faction Issue

A friend of mine has just accepted my scroll, and apparently his character transfer attempt says his new faction is alliance. In fact, my own character appears as alliance, even though I'm horde.

Anyone has any information on this? Is it safe for him to accept it without the risk of changing to alliance?

Also, my apologies if this question already has an answer around, kinda asking this in a hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    did you send him the scroll from an alliance character alt? the system takes the character you sent it from into account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    did you send him the scroll from an alliance character alt? the system takes the character you sent it from into account
    Sent from my Blood Elf Paladin, which appears as Alliance on his information. None of the characters on that realm is even alliance.

Actually I remembered: do you even have to accept the faction change even if you're eligible for it? If not, that puts whatever concerns to rest.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-03-12 at 03:31 AM.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, faction change is optional

you can boost 1 character to level 80, or boost 1 character to level 80 AND faction change (must be same character, can't boost one to 80 while faction changing another)

and presumably if you have no toons at below level 80 (not sure if you can make a level 1 to boost it, but maybe), then you wouldn't HAVE to use the level boost

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    no, faction change is optional

you can boost 1 character to level 80, or boost 1 character to level 80 AND faction change (must be same character, can't boost one to 80 while faction changing another)

and presumably if you have no toons at below level 80 (not sure if you can make a level 1 to boost it, but maybe), then you wouldn't HAVE to use the level boost
    I see. Thanks for the help, I'll talk to the guy about it.

Yeah his character is level 80. It's really only the transfer he wants. Not the faction change or the boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I see. Thanks for the help, I'll talk to the guy about it.

Yeah his character is level 80. It's really only the transfer he wants. Not the faction change or the boost.
    The faction+server tranfer are coupled together as you only get a checkbox to check or leave unchecked titled "Transfer my character to my friend's realm and faction."