Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Sona is my main support, Her spells are very short cooldown, meaning you can make alot of use of her passive to harrass in lane very easily, leaving your AD free to last hit uncontested, and eventually set up an easy kill, her Ult can vastly turn a teamfight, i have played a Sona/Kog'maw lane and in a 2v5 gank, managed to get kog a pentakill (i did record it, link if you want to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns4Sz...gkujPHS4f4BOg=). Her heals aren't extremely powerful, but are significant enough to keep an ally alive, and the cooldown is short enough to use it repeatedly. Her E is a nice spell even though it's not a huge speed bonus, it can make chasing/escaping alot easier, particularly when combined with Shurelia's reverie.

I've been playing her a bit lately. I usually play support early on to get my Carry fed, and then transition into an AP/Poke build. Grab the AP version of Sheen and a few AP items and you're set! I still hang-back and heal, but Q Poke is super strong if the other team is hanging back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    I actually played her yesterday. I had 3/3/20+. Something like that. I don't understand why people don't play her more

Sona is fun, but her strong point was in early game lane dominance. She still has some good team utility and some decent damage, but after Crescendo her team contribution is weaker compared to the likes of Janna in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, her aura effects and abilities are good, but aside from Crescendo she isn't on the same level of strength as Janna in teamfights. Janna has knockup on demand, an incredibly strong ult when used well, a reliable slow and the shield which provides your AD carry with an extra BF sword for a short duration. All that utility just seems to trump Sonas auras and so-so healing/damage contribution.

I love Karma but she is underpowered in comparison to most supports. She needs farm to be effective and her laning phase is weaker than most supports specifically because mantra takes too long to gain vs how much you heal per heavenly wave. No ultimate or hard CC except the slow on spirit bond, but there is rarely a situation where you would waste mantra on spirit bond. Not to mention if you put more than 1 point (10% move speed) into spirit bond you will have less healing/shielding power till higher levels. She has a larger skill cap to play where as champions like Sona is basically a faceroll.

But on the bright side there was a tweet about Karma having a kickass new silence, so they are working on improving her. I was hoping for the improvements on the Lulu patch but it was a no-go.
    Steve Feak @RiotGuinsoo
    Gotta figure out what to do with Karma. Dat OP silence. #leagueoflegends

https://twitter.com/#!/RiotGuinsoo
    Steve Feak ‏ @RiotGuinsoo
    Sooo excited for Karma~ whenever she is ready to go.

https://twitter.com/#!/RiotGuinsoo
    Last edited by MOGATRON; 2012-03-21 at 09:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sona is still my main character right now (although Lulu is catching up quite fast).
    I like her play style, and the harassment is great.
    What I dislike the most though, is when people start complaining about your build.
    I had one match for example, where the Ezreal I laned with just jumped into the enemy bushes, got his by Pantheon and Xin Zao, and then blamed me for not picking heal as my lvl 1 spell.
    And next thing I know, I am solo-laning against those 2. And of course the rage of my team after I decided to buy Heart of Gold for the extra health and gold (still having to solo-lane).

It seems that the champion is so overused now that people sometimes expect a bit too much from a simple assist.
    So yeah, I still play with Sona every now and then, but I found that Lulu is a bit more fun as assist.
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Sona is still my main character right now (although Lulu is catching up quite fast).
    I like her play style, and the harassment is great.
    What I dislike the most though, is when people start complaining about your build.
    I had one match for example, where the Ezreal I laned with just jumped into the enemy bushes, got his by Pantheon and Xin Zao, and then blamed me for not picking heal as my lvl 1 spell.
    And next thing I know, I am solo-laning against those 2. And of course the rage of my team after I decided to buy Heart of Gold for the extra health and gold (still having to solo-lane).

It seems that the champion is so overused now that people sometimes expect a bit too much from a simple assist.
    So yeah, I still play with Sona every now and then, but I found that Lulu is a bit more fun as assist.
    Erm, I always buy HoG when I'm supporting with Sona. I mean it gives you some nice early health, gold and these days it even builds into a great locket. If they rage at me for buying HoG I basically insta-ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Philo Stone + HoG are my go-to picks for GP10. Kage is fun, but not like it builds into anything you can actually utilise as Support.

That said, I pretty much only play Nunu and Blitzcrank as support. Might pick up Sona and/or Lulu. I like Sona's Pentakill skin and Lulu looks like tons of fun.

Meh, i prefer what i like to call "frontline supports" like Taric and Alistar that almost guarantee first blood in lane. Sona is the 2nd most passive support after Soraka after her nerfs, and while her ultimate can be amazing, her usefulness ends there as she has to stay at the back of her team the entire time, whereas frontline supports can run up to the enemy carry and smack them around, diverting some of the damage away from their own carries, in addition to using their own CC.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Support is my favorite role, I tend to play Sona and Soraka the most, with Sona being my favorite. I'll sometimes do Janna. I've bought Lulu but have yet to do a SR on her. I love Sona's toolkit the most, though. I love me some power-cords. I think Karma would be my favorite support if she didn't "need" so much (mana, cd reduction, some SP might be nice in addition to wards and support items here and there). Perhaps I just need more practice with her. I find myself going through "phases" of which support I play the most.

But usually I try to build around team comp or what my AD wants me to play. I find myself usually doing Soraka because she seems a bit easier to lane with if your lane partner isn't all there or having a bad game. Sona can be frustrating if your AD's asleep. I love having a Cass on my team. Sona ult initiate, Cass ult after = dead, dead team. Throw in an Amumu jungle and a Miss Fortune and you have yourself a dream team! XD

I was so happy when they had the Chinese New Year skins.. I bought the Sona one the day it came out for my favorite support. How I'd ached for a good Sona skin! Muse and Pentakill looked.. off to me. I just wish they'd have a nice new Soraka skin now..
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Meh, i prefer what i like to call "frontline supports" like Taric and Alistar that almost guarantee first blood in lane. Sona is the 2nd most passive support after Soraka after her nerfs, and while her ultimate can be amazing, her usefulness ends there as she has to stay at the back of her team the entire time, whereas frontline supports can run up to the enemy carry and smack them around, diverting some of the damage away from their own carries, in addition to using their own CC.
    That's why I like to build AP onto Sona Mid-game. Phantom Dancer + a few other items gives her strong poke which can be incredibly effective, especially against the opposing carries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Strenght of Sona is: early poke, amazing ulti, chasing/escaping skill, and heal. Sona was nerfed but she is still "teh tournament support" Sona/Soraka/Janna are still the most used supports in game. I agree that she isnt as strong as she was but on levels 1-4 i nearly always have on mine lane first blood or close to it. The strenght of sona is about using power cord for slowing/poking or reducing damage. And tbh heal is just addition, after nerf i finding more enjoying to max Q and E before touching W.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arag View Post
    Strenght of Sona is: early poke, amazing ulti, chasing/escaping skill, and heal. Sona was nerfed but she is still "teh tournament support" Sona/Soraka/Janna are still the most used supports in game. I agree that she isnt as strong as she was but on levels 1-4 i nearly always have on mine lane first blood or close to it. The strenght of sona is about using power cord for slowing/poking or reducing damage. And tbh heal is just addition, after nerf i finding more enjoying to max Q and E before touching W.
    Tbh pre-nerfs I mostly leveled up Q first anyway instead of heal. Or if we're really getting outharassed like a baws just W first, or at least a point of 2-3.

There's no point in a fixed skill priority for Sona imo.

Deleted
    Just started of to play this week and sona is for free, and became my favorite champion so far. It's nice that I don't have to aim much and have the right aura for every situation and is good for poking an getting some good hits at the beginning. In the end I always find her to heal not enough if her heal would target the two lowest champions and not just one and herself it would be ok, but with all the ae damge flying around at team fights and mostly not taking dame because keeping in the background its not enough, but I like the power cord mechanic so I thinking about buying her :P

She is not underused, just not as usefull after her nerfs.
    N