Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    its something they made, why shoudlnt they make money for it ? -
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

What I don't understand is, why don't they say, ok, our game costs $10 more, and sell it complete with the prothean. Is it more scary to see a $60 price tag as opposed to a $50 AND a $10?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    As to your origin point, how is origin all that different to steam in your eyes?
    Because Valve is best company EU and EA is the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Honestly, they're free to charge whatever they want, that doesn't mean customers should be happy about the price. Sadly, people rarely seem to want to comment on this with their wallets rather than their forum accounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying that you paid extra for the collectors edition (30 pounds? That's like 45 dollars. fuck) and you got it 'free' is a bit misleading.

But as someone else who has played ME3 all the way though, Javik added a ton if you brought him everywhere. And unlike the DLC guy in ME2, he's fully integrated. Everyone on the ship talks about him, he's got his own quests, hours and hours of voice over, and a unique ability that's nasty. He also comes with a gun that has infinite ammo, but has to cool off if you use it too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    I didn't buy the dlc.

I would have thought you guys got sick of being repeatedly raped by EA-Bioware by now but noooo.

Dragon Age 2. Damn, my ass! Ok, you got me, EA-Bioware.
    SWTOR. Dammit, how did you trick me again ?
    ME3. Ok, now you're just being ridiculous!
    Enjoyed every single one of those games. I know many who did. Either were Biodrones or your a... well you know what you are

Deleted
    They also stated that you didn't have to do multiplayer to get the best ending. Now that worked out well, didn't it.
    That combined with the entire DLC thing just destroyed the good reputation they had in my eyes.

Deleted

You can get the DLC free by simply changing 2 things. Anyways, EA are assholes and so are bioware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    Because it isn't an expansion, it's just part of the original game that is cut out just to make 10 more dollars, while you still pay just as much for the now incomplete game.

And many enjoyed Sims too. Wanna go at it ?
    Good. Games these days are made for everyone. Not people on forums with inflated egos.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    What I don't understand is, why don't they say, ok, our game costs $10 more, and sell it complete with the prothean. Is it more scary to see a $60 price tag as opposed to a $50 AND a $10?
    Mass Effect 3 already costs $60 base. You add in the $10 for the DLC afterwards, making it a whopping $70 for a PC game. Considering the amount of actual content in the game, it's a bit steep to say the least. However, it is the final game in the series so they know that they can charge whatever they want for it because brand loyalty and fanaticism has already been established. I'll wait for the sale and get it for $5, like I did with Mass Effect 2.

And the developers are wondering why people pirate games.
    Scumbags.
    Hi

Deleted
    And many enjoyed Sims too. Wanna go at it ?
    You mean to say people have different opinions and tastes on what makes a game fun for them!? Say it's not so!

That would almost suggest that how good a game is depends on the person's opinion...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im waiting for the GOTY edition as I was pissed off when I found about Shale in DA as I didn't know I had to activate it even though I had it for free, and a bunch of other DLC were similar to him but you had to pay for it. Same with ME2 great game but with a bunch of DLC holes, rather wait for ME3 GOTY to get the full experience. I think day 1 DLC is fine as long as its free as developers may have finished it late or w/e but, still I think we need to go back to expansions.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2012-03-12 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Because it isn't expansion, it's just part of the original game that is cut out just to make 10 more dollars, while you stay pay just as much for the now incomplete game.
    except it was never part of the original standard edition of the game. It was designed and meant for CE owners. Somewhere along the development they decided it was a good way to make money to give it everybody, partially also because they felt people would whine about it. The only mistake they made was not removing it completely from the standard game since its likely that the cds for both CE and regular were just pressed the game. You were never supposed to get it in the regular edition. PERIOD. Their only mistake was to not remove it and not anticipating some clever internet geeks with no lives to figure it out. Or maybe they just didn't care enough about those dudes. Who knows.

It would be nice if the mods edited the title of the thread. It's inciting and frankly not constructive to the conversation day 1 dlc and companies ripping out content.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-03-12 at 04:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conestul View Post

You can get the DLC free by simply changing 2 things. Anyways, EA are assholes and so are bioware.
    Link video showing how to get the squadmate that was a part of the CE edition without the DLC and still get the missions that he provides?

I'm not sure I understand the hate for Bioware. As I understood it (and I may be wrong here), developers are only responsible for making the game. The publishers are the ones who decide how to sell the game.
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

10+ Year Old Account
    I fondly remember the days when you used to get patches which not only fixed bugs, but also added new content for no cost.
    Now you have to pay for the content that should have been in the game to begin with, and if bug fixes do even get released they take ages to be pushed to public.

If people truly feel this is important they should stop buying these games and not support anything the company releases. However, I have a feeling most will do nothing.

Also pirating game as protest actually makes one more of a "scumbag" than the profiteers. Doesn't help the cause at all.

This angers, saddens, and disgusts me.

Full disclosure, I used to pirate every thing I could get my hands on. Why pay for free shit right?
    Well I grew up and started paying for games and programs (lulz at hollywood), but this kind of behavior is really unsettling.

I love Mass Effect 3, and I wasn't going to get the DLC but I was so impressed by the game and its polish that I thought to myself, fuck it bioware, you deserve it.
    Now I find this out, and I flip my shit. I already thought it wasn't very cool to release DLC same as launch, but I was prepared to look past that.

Done with Bioware, ME3 will be the last game I purchase from them.

Oh, and lets not even start on Origin, buggiest piece of shit platform from a major dev that I have seen to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I fondly remember the days when you used to get patches which not only fixed bugs, but also added new content for no cost.
    Now you have to pay for the content that should have been in the game to begin with, and if bug fixes do even get released they take ages to be pushed to public.
    What days were those? From what I remember the only thing that was added was largely expansions. Nobody added shit to my Warcraft II tides of darkness. Not until ya know I bought Beyond the Dark Portal. Same for diablo and starcraft. People have such rose tinted views of the past.