Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Well people are now officially filing FTC complaints against EA/Bioware for false advertising:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/7426-fan...-3-ending.html
    And thats really how you hurt them. Not by delaying purchase or not purchasing. Because in small numbers that really don't hurt them since there will always be a large amount that buys games from well known studios or from popular franchises. FTC and BBB actually can hurt them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, this guy is just trying to make Bioware look bad. The whole dlc isn't on the disc, only his model and audio is. The quest to obtain him and his interactions throughout the game are not. Bioware did not lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Okay, this guy is just trying to make Bioware look bad. The whole dlc isn't on the disc, only his model and audio is. The quest to obtain him and his interactions throughout the game are not. Bioware did not lie.
    There should've been no trace of the DLC on the original disc if Bioware had truly planned it to be a proper seperate DLC to begin with. But that's not even the point. Seriously, ask yourself this - what is the point of a DLC? To expand upon the game AFTER the game has been released. The entire purpose is defeated if you release the dlc WITH the actual game but still charge people seperately for it. It is nothing more than pure greed on both Bioware and EA's behalf. EA I can understand, but Bioware agreeing to it means they have stooped down to EA's level.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-03-20 at 09:02 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    There should've been no trace of the DLC on the original disc if Bioware had truly planned it to be a proper seperate DLC to begin with. But that's not even the point. Seriously, ask yourself this - what is the point of a DLC? To expand upon the game AFTER the game has been released. The entire purpose is defeated if you release the dlc WITH the actual game but still charge people seperately for it. It is nothing more than pure greed on both Bioware and EA's behalf. EA I can understand, but Bioware agreeing to it means they have stooped down to EA's level.
    Some of the points raised by the person are fine, but some are just "rage" clouded logic imo. And the whole DLC elements are on the disk is one of them. How many times have Game Manuals contained outdated information? A lot. Even when they are in digital form now they can still contain wrong information because the game changed after the manual was printed. Even the WotLK boxed stated there was aerial combat, which ended up being scrapped from the game.

And the DLC in question was given out FREE to CE owners. So someone was intended to get it on launch, and doing it this way means that Bioware doesn't have to create separate installs for the different versions. If anyone has a right to complain about things being on the disks then it is CE owners because the CE weapons and stuff can be activated through files without actually having the CE stuff.

Kasumi a DLC released way after the release of ME2 had a little bit of data on the disk.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    But doesn't CE cost $20 more than the normal edition? How was the DLC "free" for them?

15+ Year Old Account
    But doesn't CE cost $20 more than the normal edition? How was the DLC "free" for them?
    Okay fine, if you want to nit pick. It was included at no additional cost. I didn't have to pay for the DLC in order to get it as a CE owner because it was given to me with the purchase of the CE. Either way the point still remains that it could have had information in the base game files because it was a standard CE perk that was later changed to be available for everyone but still given to CE owners for free, I mean at no additional cost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Being on the disc isnt even the biggest gripe about the DLC its that it involves an important race to the series and people feel it should have been part of the main story rather than DLC.

if you read this about how gamers are filing FTC complaints or even better the actual list of quotes and sources here.. you would then realise that alot of people feel that EA/Bioware at best have been misleading with false advertising.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-03-20 at 11:50 AM.

Its the EA effect, nothing new .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    Being on the disc isnt even the biggest gripe about the DLC its that it involves an important race to the series and people feel it should have been part of the main story rather than DLC.

if you read this about how gamers are filing FTC complaints or even better the actual list of quotes and sources here.. you would then realise that alot of people feel that EA/Bioware at best have been misleading with false advertising.
    Yeh, at first I was like: kinda ridiculous to file a complaint but seeing it now... I can completely understand it.

Man. After I finished Mass Effect 3, I realised that not buying the day 1 DLC Prothean character, whos mere existence further broke the game's own lore and mystique, was probably the best thing I could've done.

After having seen Javik in action, the only reason to take him would be to avoid ever having to team up with James. Trading one douchebag for another. Not like having a Prothean around's going to change the plot anyway. People are just like 'oh hey, a Prothen. Hey, are you a Prothean? That's cool. Now if only I had some ancient Prothean relics for my people to study.' *shepard makes a note of the need for Prothean relics, despite an actual, living Prothean jacking off beside him.*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    If your goal is to lower the price, come on, everything gets cheaper over time.
    My goal is the removal of Origin. So odds are I wont be buying this or any other future product from EA. But that's their choice, not mine, and I can live with it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    It was free as in "included in the cost." Nothing is ever truly free. It is an included feature in the Collector's Edition price. That is the only way you can look at it. If you don't consider that free, well then there is nothing really to say to you. It isn't technically free since it is included in the price, just like no part of anything you have ever purchased has been free because it is included in the cost of the product. The DLC in question was included for CE buyers and was purchasable for SE buyers. Presumably the CE also included a bunch of other stuff (no idea as I never looked at the content of the CE) that also added into the extra cost.

Also, I absolutely lol'd at the FCC filing. You mean they didn't necessarily follow through with everything they said they were going to? Shocking! BRB filing an FCC complatin against Blizzard because I played World of Warcraft for 5 years and it didn't include Dwarf Mages as it claimed in the manual. That along with the dance studio promotions, "more content, more often" the sole reason I bought Cata, etc., etc. Gaming companies almost never follow through with everything they have said they would do in a game because it is nearly impossible. Was ME3 perfect? Hell no. It was a fantastic game though with ridiculous depth, fantastic game play, and a great story. Sure it would have been nice of the endings were more varied, but they were decently done. My only, ONLY, gripe with the ending is that it has absolutely no effect at all on the game. You flash back to prior to the Cerbreus Station mission as soon as the credits are done. It would have been fantastic to see a persistent effect caused by the ending, which I really hope they release in a patch or DLC later. The endings should have allowed you more of an open path after the game rather than you dying (or living) and your crew being stranded or whatever happened in the endings I didn't select. All the endings though make that damn difficult considering several of them kill everything or blow up all technology.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-20 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Also, I absolutely lol'd at the FCC filing. You mean they didn't necessarily follow through with everything they said they were going to? Shocking! BRB filing an FCC complatin against Blizzard because I played World of Warcraft for 5 years and it didn't include Dwarf Mages as it claimed in the manual. That along with the dance studio promotions, "more content, more often" the sole reason I bought Cata, etc., etc. Gaming companies almost never follow through with everything they have said they would do in a game because it is nearly impossible. Was ME3 perfect? Hell no. It was a fantastic game though with ridiculous depth, fantastic game play, and a great story. Sure it would have been nice of the endings were more varied, but they were decently done. My only, ONLY, gripe with the ending is that it has absolutely no effect at all on the game. You flash back to prior to the Cerbreus Station mission as soon as the credits are done. It would have been fantastic to see a persistent effect caused by the ending, which I really hope they release in a patch or DLC later. The endings should have allowed you more of an open path after the game rather than you dying (or living) and your crew being stranded or whatever happened in the endings I didn't select. All the endings though make that damn difficult considering several of them kill everything or blow up all technology.
    i lol'd.. wtf are you talking about.. people filed complaints because they felt the producers and creators had said BS about the ending a few months before release.. which is when the game is 100% finished and so were obviously lying about it.

quotes of truth right Here

Interview with Casey Hudson (Director) Jan 2012.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ostPageIndex=2

Interviewer: [Regarding the numerous possible endings of Mass Effect 2] “Is that same type of complexity built into the ending of Mass Effect 3?”

Hudson: “Yeah, and I’d say much more so, because we have the ability to build the endings out in a way that we don’t have to worry about eventually tying them back together somewhere. This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we’re taking into account so many decisions that you’ve made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It’s not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C.....The endings have a lot more sophistication and variety in them.”

“We have a rule in our franchise that there is no canon. You as a player decide what your story is
    .”

Yeah he wasnt misleading or saying total BS at all

Isn't this enough proof that every company these days just wants the cash and doesn't care about the customers?
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    It was free as in "included in the cost." Nothing is ever truly free. It is an included feature in the Collector's Edition price. That is the only way you can look at it. If you don't consider that free, well then there is nothing really to say to you. It isn't technically free since it is included in the price, just like no part of anything you have ever purchased has been free because it is included in the cost of the product. The DLC in question was included for CE buyers and was purchasable for SE buyers. Presumably the CE also included a bunch of other stuff (no idea as I never looked at the content of the CE) that also added into the extra cost.
    Sooo you typed a whole paragraph repeating the same thing and proving my point further. My main point was the stupid logic behind releasing a DLC at the same time as the main game, which is the equivalent to breaking the game into parts and selling them seperately on the VERY FIRST DAY. They were not even trying to hide that fact because Javik's model and voice was already in the game.
    In fact nothing was stopping Bioware/EA from taking out several missions/characters from the game and releasing them as 5 seperate DLC's each with their own cost, and then saying "We're selling Collectors Edition for only $150 and it includes all FIVE dlc's for FREE!". What would you have said about that?
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-03-21 at 03:01 AM.

stupid logic behind releasing a DLC at the same time as the main game, which is the equivalent to breaking the game into parts and selling them seperately on the VERY FIRST DAY.
    A metaphor for how they originally explained this is as follows:

1) Finish writing a letter
    2) Mail takes 7 days to get to the recipient, so you mail it 7 days before it's intended reception date.
    3) After mailing it, you've got downtime with nothing to do since the letter is finished and sent.
    4) Spend the downtime working on additional mail to send.
    5) Finish additional mail before the 7 days is over
    6) Send additional mail via Text Msg so it arrives at the same time as the original mail.

Someone needs to link the Bioware quote of them saying that they were on track to finish their first DLC patch at release so they decided not to make their playerbase wait for it...
    Oswald was over hit cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kzilla View Post
    A metaphor for how they originally explained this is as follows:

1) Finish writing a letter
    2) Mail takes 7 days to get to the recipient, so you mail it 7 days before it's intended reception date.
    3) After mailing it, you've got downtime with nothing to do since the letter is finished and sent.
    4) Spend the downtime working on additional mail to send.
    5) Finish additional mail before the 7 days is over
    6) Send additional mail via Text Msg so it arrives at the same time as the original mail.
    I get everything right up to step 6, where one has to ask how the DLC managed to race ahead through the QA procedures/testing/etc and caught up to the main game (because I can't relate it to a Text Msg :P).
    Someone needs to link the Bioware quote of them saying that they were on track to finish their first DLC patch at release so they decided not to make their playerbase wait for it...
    Make a greedy act look like an act of generosity eh? Clever. Such a quote would send my alarm bells ringing because I don't remember a single instance of a game that finished AHEAD of schedule, so far ahead in fact that they decided to package it into a Collector's Edition and a Day 1 release. Bullshit. Lies upon lies...silly Bioware. Silly EA. Poor customers. Poor gaming industry

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    I enjoyed this.

Anyways there are a half dozen quotes where Bioware claimed they were going to make a real ending. The one that was the worst was where they said they would make sure our choices mattered and we wouldn't all just get the same predestined ending =/ That is exactly what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M0Cf...f4FAAAAAAAAGAA
    Ah at the start of this videos, several quotes which the actual game has proven to be blantant lies.