Enhancement - Pull Priority Oder

Hi Guys,

Looking through the various guides it posts:

1. Searing Totem if expired.
    2. Lava Lash.
    3. Flame Shock - If Unleash Flame Buff is active.
    4. Maelstrom Weapon x5 - Lightning Bolt.
    5. Unleash Elements.
    6. Storm Strike.
    7. Maelstrom Weapon x 4 - Lightning Bolt
    8. Maelstrom Weapon x 3 - Lightning Bolt
    9. Earth Shock.
    10. Feral Spirit.
    11. Searing Totem if less than 3 ticks left
    12. Refresh Lightning Shield

As the priority order.

Just wondering if I should tweak my pull order which is:

1. Pre-pot
    Run toward boss...and 2-4 while running.
    2. Unleash Elements
    3. Flameshock
    4. Macro'd Valor Trinket, Blood Fury and Spirit Wolves
    5. Drop Totems
    6. Storm Strike
    5. Earth Shock
    6. Maelstorm Lightning Bolt (if procced)
    6. Lava Lash (if stacked to 4 or 5 before Maelstorm)
    7. Settle into standard Priority order posted above as per regular.

Generally just inquiring if my "Pull Priority" order is optimal or if I can tweak it.

I used to use Lava Lash directly after SS, but have found waiting that second buffs it significantly with the stacked Flame Totem on target.

Thanks for any input.

That's generally what I do, except that I use Lava Lash after my first Stormstrike. Even with 0-1 stacks of Searing on the target it does more damage than Earth Shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, use LL right away after SS even if you don't have 5 SF stacks yet, doesn't really matter cause the damage will still be high.

Ok thanks, yeah I had been doing that before had switched thinking that waiting on a few stacks would buff it more; but really like you both said I do have so many buffs up then that the difference will not be significant. Especially since by the time it is off cooldown I will have a full stack on the boss.

Thanks,

I may be wrong, but won't dropping your totems before proccing your wolves help benefit your wolves damage output? That's assuming you're bringing a unique buff with your totems, though.

EDIT: Also are you running with T13 2pc/4pc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    I may be wrong, but won't dropping your totems before proccing your wolves help benefit your wolves damage output? That's assuming you're bringing a unique buff with your totems, though.
    Wolves scale dynamically with buffs, so no, it won't make a difference. That said, you should be pre-dropping totems anyway (even before Searing Totem would work) for the sake of "because I can".
    mhm? mhm.

Some pet stats now dynamically scale with their master. *The AP conversion is one of them. *Unlike guardians you're free to pop them before these effects take place. *If there is something casted (like heroism or the haste buff on Sinestra) you want your pets up before that goes out.

One thing that has worked well for me with 4PC T13 is to macro my wolves to my prepot. *Usually your GCD from the wolves will be complete or almost complete before you can attack the boss and then you can follow through with UE, FS, etc. *They pounce the boss and start attacking right away. *The bonus here is that by the time you get to the boss and get off your SS/LL, they've sufficiently stacked your MW high enough for LB use. *Since you are coming in cold it's one of the rare situations where you have a lesser chance of wasting MW procs. *If you pop Hero / resto 4pc on the pull it works even better because you end up with more GCDs available and have an easier time burning through your wolves procs.