Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    My clocks are back to normal now. It is the other time change that I dislike.

It really is becoming a dated concept, but I am sure it benefits some people.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    wasn't it to do with farmers or somthing? 0o

it just upsets my sleeping patterns for a few days/ makes me late so i would happily get rid of it

daylight savings is an outdated concept and no longer needed... a lot of the world has abandoned it, only silly people still use it

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    It is to save energy. By changing the clocks more of the "peek" activity time (8am to 8pm usually) is during daylight. This saves on energy from lighting and heat. Ben Franklin suggested it initially to cut down on the use of candles, wood, and coal. However, it did not achieve much success until the World Wars when resources became more scarce as more and more was sent to the war effort. It isn't as necessary today in our increasingly nocturnal society but it has it's advantages still.
    No, it doesn't. That was the idea, but it has been proven false over time.

There is no good reason for it anymore, it's just "something we do". We should just stick with the longer days and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Because the world has plenty energy on spare AMIRIGHT...it takes 30 seconds to change your clock and you loose 1 hour. If you are so lazy you can't give up 1 hour and 30 seconds twice a year well than something is terrible wrong with your attitude.
    No more wrong than people who spread misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    daylight savings is an outdated concept and no longer needed... a lot of the world has abandoned it, only silly people still use it
    Silly people = the whole of Europe, the USA, Canada and half of South America?

Speaking from a country that doesn't do it. I can honestly say that i don't see how people don't like it, where i live the winters are dark, and when you're working all year around, you feel a lot better during summertime when its bright around the time you wake up. Waking up in darkness fucks up the body's internal clock.

Quote Originally Posted by arons4 View Post
    Speaking from a country that doesn't do it. I can honestly say that i don't see how people don't like it, where i live the winters are dark, and when you're working all year around, you feel a lot better during summertime when its bright around the time you wake up. Waking up in darkness fucks up the body's internal clock.
    I/we do like it, I/we just don't just don't like going back. It's arbitrary, there is no reason we can't just decide to use DST as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Because the world has plenty energy on spare AMIRIGHT...it takes 30 seconds to change your clock and you loose 1 hour. If you are so lazy you can't give up 1 hour and 30 seconds twice a year well than something is terrible wrong with your attitude.
    yup i rather wake up when the sun is up then waking up in the dark

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people just need to get better at managing their sleep. Could somebody complaining about this offer a reason why this change wrecks you so badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    No, it doesn't. That was the idea, but it has been proven false over time.

There is no good reason for it anymore, it's just "something we do". We should just stick with the longer days and be done with it.

No more wrong than people who spread misinformation.
    If you're going to call bullshit on something could you at least back up your claim?
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-03-14 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Me too. Have you guys never had to get up an hour earlier than usual other than when the clocks change? Seems like such a trivial thing to be complaining about.
    I'm not mad about the concept itself.

I was just pissed that it happened to land on a day when I had to get up early in the morning, go to work, and then drive for four hours to go home. With DST, I had to go to bed at a really early time in the evening just to maintain seven hours of sleep.

If DST occured a day later, I'd be happily on my spring break and wouldn't give a shit.
    Putin khuliyo

Yea, it used to be useful now it is pointless, and a wasted effort in my opinion. Also lets move to a 24:00 worldwide unified clock. ( yes I'm serious)

Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    Yea, it used to be useful now it is pointless, and a wasted effort in my opinion. Also lets move to a 24:00 worldwide unified clock. ( yes I'm serious)
    I agree. Best solution in my opinion. 100% full support!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    its reset at 2 am, not midnight.
    In the states it's 2 AM, other places in the world it's midnight...
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    I will concede that it is unnecessary these days, and I apologize for arguing otherwise. I just find the whole outrage over "I lost ONE hour of sleep!" to be a bit ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    I say we move to Swatch Internet Time.

People tends to turn on the lights when they wake up in the mornings if there's not enough sunlight. Therefore, moving the clock for this reason saves a lot of energy which means money.

Most people function much better when there's sunlight and feel less energetic when there's not enough of it. Hence why people feel sleepy during the night or feel 'down' on cloudy/rainy days.

People will have more profit of their days when the clock is in sync with the day.

PD: No. I will not do an academic research about this topic just to fulfill your internet needs, nor i will run experiments on lab mice just to prove my point
    The only source you will find in MMO's discussions: http://www.wikipedia.org

One problem I have with DST is that when we change clocks back to standard time the sun goes down way too early. When I lived in Colorado the sun went down at like 4pm and came up around 7am. IMO we should just stay on savings time, whoever set the times zones got up too early in the morning and went to sleep way too early. One of the reasons living in Arizona is so awesome is that they dont use daylight savings time. The only problem is that everything you watch on TV shifts by an hour and sometimes in different directions depending on if the broadcast is based on Pacific or Eastern time.

Also it really doesnt make sense that farmers need daylight savings time since why do farmers care what time it is? They work for themselves and can use whatever time of the day they want to work. Just wake up when the sun comes up and finish when it goes down. Changing clocks doesnt create more time in the day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    also means i gotta work 1 extra hour when the clocks go back :\ if i am working until midnight, it gets to 00:00 then goes back 23:00
    wat, it resets at 2 am...

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really matter either way.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    wat, it resets at 2 am...
    Depends on country - some do it at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    One problem I have with DST is that when we change clocks back to standard time the sun goes down way too early. When I lived in Colorado the sun went down at like 4pm and came up around 7am. IMO we should just stay on savings time, whoever set the times zones got up too early in the morning and went to sleep way too early. One of the reasons living in Arizona is so awesome is that they dont use daylight savings time. The only problem is that everything you watch on TV shifts by an hour and sometimes in different directions depending on if the broadcast is based on Pacific or Eastern time.

Also it really doesnt make sense that farmers need daylight savings time since why do farmers care what time it is? They work for themselves and can use whatever time of the day they want to work. Just wake up when the sun comes up and finish when it goes down. Changing clocks doesnt create more time in the day.
    A lot of things back then (and still now) were based on the time of day, like when shops close and the market closes, instead of on the position of the sun in the sky.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Simca; 2012-03-15 at 12:55 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines