Deleted

ElvUI and cd monitoring

So I downloaded ElvUI about a week ago since I got fed up with creating my own 'base' as soon as I want to change my ui.

But to my surprise there are no CD tracker included. Fair enough I thought to myself. I'll just download forte or classtimers and make it look like the debuff monitor in ElvUI. But I can't figure out how to make the borders in my addons look like Elv's.

From what I have figured out Elv hasn't made an actual .tga file for the border texture. But there has to be some way to fix it, right?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

(or, if I am completely misstaken and you actually can track your cd's in Elv's I'd appreciate if some could point that out aswell..)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ElvUI doesn't really have any CD tracker except for actionbars. Built-in classtimer tracks buffs and debuffs both on player and target.

Most of the time a standalone addon, unless a skin is included with ElvUI itself, need some lua editing. Fortunately, ElvUI has quite a big community which tries to skin popular addons so you rarely need do to it by yourself.

You should check Skinning and Addons forums. There are plenty of skinned addons and addons made by community.

There's actually a skinned version of ForteXorcist.

If you go into the Elvui settings, /ec, and go to class timers on the left side and in the dropdown on the right choose filters you can add any spell id you want to track as far as trinkets, procs etc etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthOprah View Post
    If you go into the Elvui settings, /ec, and go to class timers on the left side and in the dropdown on the right choose filters you can add any spell id you want to track as far as trinkets, procsetc etc
    Yeah, but that's only buffs and stuff. I want cooldown tracking.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Toggi View Post
    ElvUI doesn't really have any CD tracker except for actionbars. Built-in classtimer tracks buffs and debuffs both on player and target.

Most of the time a standalone addon, unless a skin is included with ElvUI itself, need some lua editing. Fortunately, ElvUI has quite a big community which tries to skin popular addons so you rarely need do to it by yourself.

You should check Skinning and Addons forums. There are plenty of skinned addons and addons made by community.

There's actually a skinned version of ForteXorcist.

Great reply! I'll take a look at everything and see what I come up with! A skinned Forte would probably do me just fine. I kind of disslike it since it is so many addons in one. But still something I have used in the past and is quite familiar with!

I use TellMeWhen compounded with my ElvUI, works perfectly.

TellMeWhen is an awesome addon that makes you place/customize/build any area into icons for spells/ICDs/almost anything really.

Of course, CD text from OmniCC makes it all the better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I use TellMeWhen compounded with my ElvUI, works perfectly.

TellMeWhen is an awesome addon that makes you place/customize/build any area into icons for spells/ICDs/almost anything really.

Of course, CD text from OmniCC makes it all the better.
    Yeah I have used tmw since the ICC-days. But to me it didn't really fit with the rest of the ui.Care to post a ss of your ui? :-P

You could have a look at Ifilger or filger as well... fits in really well with Elvui, and also tracks cooldowns.

http://www.tukui.org/forums/topic.php?id=19087