View Poll Results: Statement: "Plunderstorm's Battle Royale should be the new PvP Battlegrounds-system o

Voters
101. This poll is closed
  • Yes

17 16.83%
  • No

77 76.24%
  • Not sure

7 6.93%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I'd like to see it remain a permanent addition, with just one change...

Instead of a renown track, just have a Plunderstorm shop where you can spend you accumulated loot, so instead of having to grind to get the things you want, you can pick and choose the things you want. Over time, Blizz can add more and more stuff to it. Basically, the Tender shop without monthly rotation on items. I wouldn't mind if it was on rotation though, to be fair.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    Actively hitting people with GCDs in 2024 wow that's amazing, wonder why that doesn't matter in the real game? maybe because they made the real game all about pressing big cds like shield of vengeance.
    ???
    GCD is not the issue... its not about "pressing Big CDs"

What they are describing is an issue how lag makes the mode hard because all your moves are skillshots, while in normal gameplay lag is not an issue really since most attacks home in on enemies, you don't gotta worry about aiming your chaos bolt incorrectly.
    funny thing is, this game mode is more about big CD's then retail.

Such a weird soapbox to get upon that is not even accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Obviously they didn't go to WoW because it didin't exist until 4 days ago. Now that it does, how do you know that players won't come to it?
    bc people who wanna play BR have much better options and those games are built around it. The newer gen has 0 interest in wow, even less so paying 15$/month for a mode that very limited customization, no stuff like emotes or other things. This gamemode would been dead at arrival if it werent for the rewards tied to the game we actually play money to pay for. if those cosmetics were for the gamemode only most people prob be fine, not to mention the fact that the entire dev team wasted time on this event is more than annoying, especielly when they knew majority would dislike/hate it.

absolutely not, its horrible, it should stay as it is, temporary distraction

7+ Year Old Account
    Good lord, no

Being paired with American players while having more than 120ms is a nightmare. Not to mention how awkward the spells and everything else is.
    They bough proletariat, the guys that made a great battle royale, and still they came up with this barebones experience.

I'm not touching this mode again after getting the pirate mog

PS: I'm not against the mode itself existing. Just don't tie retail/classic rewards to it. IF someone else enjoys, good for them
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2024-03-25 at 01:14 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I think it should have just been another battleground brawl instead of it's own separate mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It sucks if you're against laggy people... hard to actively hit them with your melee attack and abilities when they're 'warping' all over the place around you.
    Oh cool: so artificially lagging yourself is a winning strategy? Neat game design.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Oh cool: so artificially lagging yourself is a winning strategy? Neat game design.
    Seeing a lot of people doing it lately, so I went "screw it" going for a poke&escape build with Arrow + Arcane Orb + Leap (good offensive and evasive skill) + Fae.

Won a few games with that.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2024-03-25 at 09:30 PM.

I love how easy it is to earn cosmetics in Plunderstorm, the gameplay is pretty fun, and I wish it'd stay around forever, but it should still stay separate from normal PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    bc people who wanna play BR have much better options and those games are built around it. The newer gen has 0 interest in wow, even less so paying 15$/month for a mode that very limited customization, no stuff like emotes or other things. This gamemode would been dead at arrival if it werent for the rewards tied to the game we actually play money to pay for. if those cosmetics were for the gamemode only most people prob be fine, not to mention the fact that the entire dev team wasted time on this event is more than annoying, especielly when they knew majority would dislike/hate it.
    YOu are making assumptions. Nobody knows what they will do since it hasn't existed in WoW before. For all you know, there are unsubbed WoW players who like battle royals that will give it a shot and that is just one example. Don't assume anything.

I said yes, but I also think they should have local servers for everyone AND all the old stuff should still be in AND you should be able to queue in game while doing stuff.

AND

MORE REWARDS!

No, Plunderstorm has more impactful gcds, facing targets matters way more, there's no handicap for incredible bad players like there is on Retail.

So IMO they should redesign the entire combat system in Retail to be more similar to Old WoW and keep the modern gearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Seeing a lot of people doing it lately, so I went "screw it" going for a poke&escape build with Arrow + Arcane Orb + Leap (good offensive and evasive skill) + Fae.

Won a few games with that.
    Imagine being able to poke and escape on retail that would be impossible I reckon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ???
    GCD is not the issue... its not about "pressing Big CDs"

What they are describing is an issue how lag makes the mode hard because all your moves are skillshots, while in normal gameplay lag is not an issue really since most attacks home in on enemies, you don't gotta worry about aiming your chaos bolt incorrectly.
    funny thing is, this game mode is more about big CD's then retail.

Such a weird soapbox to get upon that is not even accurate.
    There's a big difference when CDs are 10 to 18 seconds long compared to 30 sec to 5 min or whatever, it's a big difference when you can actually kill people in 5 seconds compared to 15 seconds. It makes a very big difference in 1vX fights.

It's such a NOOB excuse to blame lagg, that's really what all really bad players do, they cry about the game being too difficult when they're bad at it that's why all the bad players praise dragonflight, cuz they can finally be good at the game, it's pathetic.

Also if there is no CDs and your abilities just actively do damage like in Classic what matters is who starts playing first, who acts first, it's super TILTING playing Dragonflight watching these noob players literally afk for 2-3 seconds before they even know you're attacking them then they press a big button and it just doesn't matter because the CD trade is forced anyways, it's just so so so so stupid.

The more skillful the gamemode is the less time you have to react, if you're playing a FPS you don't have 2-3 seconds to be brainfrozen, if you're a weak fearful player that hesitates or if you're not really focused then you should be punished for that, but noooo not in dragonflight where there's so much leniency for terribads, it's just damn disappointing to play that expansion, it's the worst expansion.

If you play an FPS game you can 1v5 people, you know that's a possibility, if you play Plunderstorm you can feel the possibility of being ahead alot more than in Dragonflight where everything is balanced around "fairness" it's impossible to 1v5 players in Dragonflight unless you're using really heavy consumables and they're perfectly stacked and afk for 2-3 seconds at the same time.

There's just so much breathing room in Dragonflight that it becomes impossible to outplay adversity, it's just so dumbed down there's just so big walls blocking outplays on individual levels so you're just part of this breadline reality where everyone does their equal piece, it's just so STUPID in a game that should be more about skill than it is, that's why Classic even has more skillful impact because there you can actually see a very big difference in gameplay based on individual skill and that's true for many expansions after aswell.

Ofcourse most SUPER BAD players will never have comprehended how that was toned down ALOT in Dragonflight because they became stronger, so they're super satisfied, but please never become good at the game because then you will know what my eyes see.

: Also since people are so bad at comprehending the difference in skill when it comes to 1vX and 1v1-2v2-3v3 situations, in equal numbers situation skill is a very real thing in Dragonflight, it's really intense because then you're playing the game like it's designed to be played, you face your warrior/rsham mirror and skill is everything and it's no longer an issue, the issue is if you face this 1v2 as lets say a solo warrior, skill desparity means less because the power of number of players means more, so the solo warrior will maybe beat REALLY bad players if the solo warrior is really good, but that ends real quick when they are slightly better than super bad, it's just way too much leniency for bad players, it's all.

And ofcourse there is leniency for bad players in PVP, Blizzard is intentionally designing the game to be more "accessible" to bad players, you'll only know this if you're actually good at the game tho, because if you're bad at the game then you'll just be stronger, so it's a perfect scheme, but it really all comes down to Blizzgreed wanting to entertain the terribads, you don't get many forum posts these days where players are saying they die too fast or the game is too hard for them, wonder why that is? Maybe cuz the game is super easy now for really bad players.

And it's so FUNNY how people started complaining WAY more about premades in PVP in SL/DF when the game moved away more and more from individual skillful impact, atleast when the game was good you had a chance to make a difference, now you don't and need a premade.

Like it must really hurt, you're playing your freetowin character you're usually enjoying pressing your big autoplay damage and you feel good at the game, but skill still matters on an equal fottings level so 5 players that are good will just farm you, and all that free power you recieved from dragonflight just doesn't help you anymore, actually it makes you even weaker because you're now fully capped in your potential to ever overcome adversity, you're just a capped artificially limited player in this stupid expansion.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2024-03-28 at 10:06 AM.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There even is something like laggbots which help you escape in wows PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schmonz View Post
    There even is something like laggbots which help you escape in wows PVP.
    Lagswitching has been exploited since the beginning of online gaming. Scumbags use it in almost all games that benefit from desync.

First time I encountered it was back in around 1998 while pvping in Ultima Online, it was bannable offense back then but hard to catch, GM's had to spawn in invis and catch them doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post
    Lagswitching has been exploited since the beginning of online gaming. Scumbags use it in almost all games that benefit from desync.

First time I encountered it was back in around 1998 while pvping in Ultima Online, it was bannable offense back then but hard to catch, GM's had to spawn in invis and catch them doing it.
    Yeah, it is a historic exploit, and no game developer managed to get rid of it. The client gets lagged that much, that movement is interrupted, and the character seems to be teleported to a certain location on the map as the smooth movement misses, while doing that, the char seems at the same position while the client took a leap to the right just running off boundaries, just to turn down the lag when the position was reached.

How to fix it? Well.. do not let the client decide alone where its heading. Also if the client does not respond, let it still take damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynexia View Post
    I said yes, but I also think they should have local servers for everyone AND all the old stuff should still be in AND you should be able to queue in game while doing stuff.

AND

MORE REWARDS!
    And more maps.