Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I think it's interesting how much TOR pushed their story and voice acted stuff, when GW2 does the exact same thing and it's hardly ever mentioned.
    Just like how the whole "technically no auto attack" isn't mentioned.
    It's not good to list things that an MMO that just came out listed as 'features', even if the way you use that feature may be completely different.
    If a major selling point of GW2 was "No auto attack!" and "Very story oriented!", a large amount of people would do the whole "Oh yes, because that went SO well for SWTOR hurpderpswtorclone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    WoW cities are small because of limitations of video game design 7 years ago. If Blizzard could, they would have made those cities much larger. Even then, those cities have all common npcs close to the entrances and you never really need to run very far to get into them, definately not the length of the entire city. You'll probably never have to run the length of GW2 cities either if the NPCs are placed properly, even then instant travel kind of makes the "cities are too big and will take to long to traverse" argument invalid.
    actually you are wrong, the cities used to be larger. During alpha goldshire was as big as SW is now And IF had multiple floors instead of the single floor they have now.
    link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ZKb61xxX0

OT: city looks great but im gonna have to walk arround myself in the city to comment about the feel of it. And to me the feel is MUCH more important
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    actually you are wrong, the cities used to be larger. During alpha goldshire was as big as SW is now And IF had multiple floors instead of the single floor they have now.
    link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ZKb61xxX0

OT: city looks great but im gonna have to walk arround myself in the city to comment about the feel of it. And to me the feel is MUCH more important
    Whole problem is in question - what for do you want big city? In real, cities are big because of ammount of ppl living there. You can have SW 5 times more but whats the point ? You can go around 1-2 times to explore/play tourist. After that you will go to usefull NPCs only.

So I will repeat mine and Larynx question then again, maybe some1 didnt notice and know answer:

Are there any dynamic events in GW2 cities so you have soemthing to do in cities?

I know there are activities, vendors, skill challenges etc etc. Mine question have a lot to do with what I wrote above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanrei View Post
    So I will repeat mine and Larynx question then again, maybe some1 didnt notice and know answer:

Are there any dynamic events in GW2 cities so you have soemthing to do in cities?

I know there are activities, vendors, skill challenges etc etc. Mine question have a lot to do with what I wrote above.
    we simply do not know
    what we do now is what you wrote down.

would be amazing if some events would actually attack a city .. but i doubt that 'll happen :P
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope there are never events where you are forced to do combat in the city, or unable to enter an area without having to fight, (bar brawls don't count). I like cities being safe zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    we simply do not know
    what we do now is what you wrote down.

would be amazing if some events would actually attack a city .. but i doubt that 'll happen :P
    I was thinking rather abotu more ordinary city stuff. Like helping merchants with their problems, maybe some fires here and there etc. You know stuff you would except to do in rly big city as hero looking for job. There must be a lot thiefs and crime folks in such big populations (based on size of city) to deal with.

Looks great, might have to get this game, but it looks like the toon is running in the air at times(kind of like priest levitation).
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Looks great, might have to get this game, but it looks like the toon is running in the air at times(kind of like priest levitation).
    Well it's the beta for a reason...end yes you must buy this game! Join us, buy the game!

Guild Leader of Imperium in GW 2

Damn they look beautiful. I'm thinking that my rig will not do this game justice...
    I'm still thinking about it...

They do look wonderful don't they. Kind of reminds me of the cities in FFXI. Was my first MMO and I was blown away by the scenery. Although these are quite an improvement over those.

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimeta View Post
    They do look wonderful don't they. Kind of reminds me of the cities in FFXI. Was my first MMO and I was blown away by the scenery. Although these are quite an improvement over those.
    Even wow was an improvement over FFXI ^^ I played that game too, don't ask me why though... What a piece of trash, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Even wow was an improvement over FFXI ^^ I played that game too, don't ask me why though... What a piece of trash, seriously.
    Opinions, people have them!

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Opinions, people have them!
    Very very true my friend. Some of my friends still reminisce the times in FFXI. Brrrrrr, the horror!
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2012-04-04 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanrei View Post
    Whole problem is in question - what for do you want big city? In real, cities are big because of ammount of ppl living there. You can have SW 5 times more but whats the point ? You can go around 1-2 times to explore/play tourist. After that you will go to usefull NPCs only.

Consistent, dynamic events like out in the actual world? Nobody knows. However, there are bar brawls and such that will take place inside the cities similar to how holidays pop up in WoW so, honestly, the chances of consistent dynamic events taking place in the cities are high. They may be very low-key, though, like helping get supplies to an NPC or another. Nothing like the farm that gets overtaken out in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Well I was always betting on a reclaimed Ascalon.... Ascalon city looked amazing during the first game (pre-searing).

To bad that never happened
    Aye always loved ascalon