Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    Then you are a dishonourable opponent.
    A victorious dishonorable opponent. I don't care about honor, I care about winning. If I can buy or make potions, so can you, so stop crying about it.

Sound like people that used to scream on the forums back in the day about using flasks in BGs :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

imho, if you are dueling and before the duel you have not set rules, everything is fair game. if you cant withstand a person 1v1, as this game is NOT made for, then you shouldnt duel. there were many times i as a warrior, had to FORCE people to blow said CDs. if you understand your toon as all pvpers should you shouldnt need a list of rules to "even" the playing field, so what it makes it harder to win when they have bloodlust. anticipate it and save your own cds for it.

trust me its hard to win when people use "arena-unusable abilities" but this game will never be balanced around 1v1. let certain classes beat you learn from each. you can be any class with any class. if you understand how that class works and if you can manipulate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezitz View Post
    imho, if you are dueling and before the duel you have not set rules, everything is fair game. if you cant withstand a person 1v1, as this game is NOT made for, then you shouldnt duel. there were many times i as a warrior, had to FORCE people to blow said CDs. if you understand your toon as all pvpers should you shouldnt need a list of rules to "even" the playing field, so what it makes it harder to win when they have bloodlust. anticipate it and save your own cds for it.

trust me its hard to win when people use "arena-unusable abilities" but this game will never be balanced around 1v1. let certain classes beat you learn from each. you can be any class with any class. if you understand how that class works and if you can manipulate them.
    us good players who fuck around in durotar cbf duelling turbo nerds who lust with wolves and los
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    us good players who fuck around in durotar cbf duelling turbo nerds who lust with wolves and los
    So basically, you only agree to duel when the setup is favoring you.

Oh, okay.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    You mean those super crazy Enhancement wolves who do like 2k dps? Yeah, I'm surely scared of those. No LoS makes every duel a field day for Hunters and other ranged who can kite almost 24/7.

You must be on a server with a bunch of pacifists, all the servers I play on, in duels, if you have an ability, use it.

Why would you hinder yourself? If you want to become good at duels you should learn to deal with all of a classes abilities.

I suppose an even fairer way to do it would be only to allow autoattacking.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 10:48 AM ----------

Us good players know how to deal with all of a classes abilities, you clearly don't speak for the good players.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Hmm good to see this topic has expanded a bit. What makes this interesting is just who is making up these rules. Last time I checked, Bloodlust was dispellable. Army of the Dead is easy to control with snares. Prep... how is prep an op move?

I mean at the end of the day, I play by arena rules because I want to get specifically better at arenas. If a guy decides he is going to use some extra abilities to try and take me down, I'll just adapt or lose whatever. It isn't a blow to my ego when I lose a match. As a matter of fact one of the best round of duels I ever had was against an ele shaman in an open field. He kept destroying me over and over. Until the last time when I got him. We were both helping each other out you see, telling each other what to look out for. And as a result we had a better understanding of each other's class. When I went into random battlegrounds later on. Every ele shaman I ran across I took out. I knew what to look for, and to this day I know what to watch out for.

That's my kind of dueling. I don't need E-honor. I could use some gold but I am not ready for that just yet. And more importantly I don't need some invisible rules that some people get irritated with. I play by arena rules for my benefit. I neither expect my opponent to do so, Or ask them too.

Deleted
    dueling rules have always been stupid.. if its useable in arena it should be useable in duels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    I suppose an even fairer way to do it would be only to allow autoattacking.

Us good players know how to deal with all of a classes abilities, you clearly don't speak for the good players.
    Us good players go to the Argent Tournament and ride around on horses and stab each other with giant spiky sticks.

i use duels to learn how to beat a class in arena so having said that

use watever means to beat them that u can use in arena, as simple as that

how about

thou shall use any spell or item they have. the end

Deleted
    These rules are fair and pretty standard, all i would say is that... If Alchemist flasks are allowed so should engineering tinkers, at least the less game changing ones such as Synapse Springs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I use everything doomguard, LoSing getting out of combat to fly to a ridge/hill to place my portal etc i treat a duel as a 1 on 1 in world pvp but thats just me.
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

This is debate is stupid.

Everyone can and should use every single trick (short of exploits and hacks) to win any fight. This includes everything from cooldowns, potions, professions perks WHATEVER!!! Arena's are arena's. Bgs are Bgs and Duels are Duels. Applying the rules of one to the other are pointless.

If any of those features should not be used in a duel, the game would disable them for you as soon as the duel countdown reaches 0.

Are crap like Iceblook, Mirrors, LoH anyoing as f.ck? Sure. That does not change the fact they are available and should be allowed to be used.

Just because YOU cant be arsed to raise engineering or buy/make poties does not mean the guy who did make the effort should not use them. If he does and you dont, well suck it up princess.

And finaly LoSing...REALLY? Mr. Caster cant be arsed to make a step to win a fight? As people should stand around like a dummy and eat whatever shit your Grace chose to throw at them?

Now if there are preagreed conditions to a duel, then abide by them.

Heh clever, I like these rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be damned if I don't use everything at my disposal to win. *I think it's absurd to not use cooldowns that the game supplies me. *My 2 copper.