Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm not sure how I would deal with a 9 year old that has +15 pounds on me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but the kid kept ignoring the police officers warnings an his mothers, im sorry but i would of tasered him also he refused to follow a POLICE OFFICER warnings.
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

So Eric Cartman got tazed?

On a serious note; wtf is wrong with the police? Seriously, the officer was so inept that he couldn't handle a 9 year old without turning to a potentially deadly weapon? Regardless of weight (and I seriously doubt a little kid that fat could put up much of a fight before getting out of breathe) you don't taze a little kid. He's a spoiled brat who doesn't know better due to shitty parenting, not an armed felon. The police are seriously getting out of control in America.

Damn, I live in a city of 50,000 and the cops here dont make 50 grand a year, no wonder they have a declining budget..

on topic though, I really don't think the officer could have done much more. The fatty got warnings from the officer and his mother and still wanted to act like an idiot.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but I honestly burst out laughing when I read the title of this thread.

But seriously, after reading the story, the cop shouldn't have tazed the kid. How incapable is a grown man that he can't put handcuffs on a fat boy?
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-03-14 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    There's a difference between a taser and a fucking gun.
    I wish all cops new the difference, theres been plenty of stories of those who don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    I wish all cops new the difference, theres been plenty of stories of those who don't.
    This cop clearly knew the difference.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing that that kid is one of those spoiled kids he acts like asshoels, I mean he's 200 lbs at 9...

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    This cop clearly knew the difference.
    If he had so little training and restraint that he couldnt detain or control a 9 year old and had to use a deadly weapon to do so, then i don't think he'd have the sense, training or restraint to use a gun. Thank god.

Theres no difference between a 30 year old 300 pound man resisting arrest and a 9 year old 300 pound boy resisting arrest. Both can be incredibly dangerous. He is not tasering them for fun, hes tasering them because they're resisting arrest and as a result can cause injury to themselves or the officer.

What I don't get is why he was trying to arrest the 9yr old kid, instead of his parents who are legally responsible for him? every kid I know that skipped school enough that the cops got involved they went after the parents.

By 9, I probably didn't know what getting tazed was, but I was old enough to know I should listen to my mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Theres no difference between a 30 year old 300 pound man resisting arrest and a 9 year old 300 pound boy resisting arrest. Both can be incredibly dangerous. He is not tasering them for fun, hes tasering them because they're resisting arrest and as a result can cause injury to themselves or the officer.
    Please tell me how a 200 pound 9 year old boy lying on his stomach is dangerous. And no, he doesn't have a weapon, read the story, he's lying on his stomach...

They should of called for his father, or some help, put him in their car, drove him home and sent him to his room and give him an acceptable punishment for a 9 year old. Use of a potentially lethal weapon is a last resort in ALL cases unless presented with the posibility of you being on the receiving end. I doubt a 9 year old laying face down on his hands was about to harm himself, or anyone around him. Besides, what harm could a 9 year old do? Hes fat, so he'd be hard to handle, does that give him the strength of mike tyson too? Can anyone here tell me with a straight face that the child proved any threat to the officer or his mother?

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    IMO it's better for the kid to learn that there are consequences for his actions early (since it is obvious his parents aren't teaching him) than to have this same scenario play out 10 years from now, and the cop having to use a gun. Stop trying to act like children these days are innocent, they are FAR from the children 10+ years ago. I drive a school bus, and have experienced firsthand how out of control children can get. Like telling a child that is running up and down the aisle to sit, and him saying "I am going to bring my dad's gun and shoot you in the face tomorrow." Yeah, that was a 4th grader.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Please tell me how a 200 pound 9 year old boy lying on his stomach is dangerous. And no, he doesn't have a weapon, read the story, he's lying on his stomach...

People have been tazed for less, it's the fact that he wouldnt cooperate. If an adult acted like this, laying on his hands and flailing around avoiding handcuffs, they'd have been shocked too. The fact that lard-o's mom told him it was going to happen only makes it even more reasonable.

Any time the officer moves in to make an arrest on a wailing 200 pound human being hes risking injury regardless of age or moral beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    People have been tazed for less, it's the fact that he wouldnt cooperate. If an adult acted like this, laying on his hands and flailing around avoiding handcuffs, they'd have been shocked too. The fact that lard-o's mom told him it was going to happen only makes it even more reasonable.
    I don't care about other incidents, we're talking about this one. The fact that a grown man can't put handcuffs on a 200 pound fat boy shows overwhelming incompetence. He's 9 years old, the cop shouldn't have resorted to a tazer.

I agree that the parents are horrible at parenting, but this was not the cop's place to do this. He should know how to handle this without a tazer.

using the stun gun on the kid was perfectly fine in my eyes. the mother also needs to be taken into custody for child neglect though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Any time the officer moves in to make an arrest on a wailing 200 pound human being hes risking injury regardless of age or moral beliefs.
    No. Theres a kid who lives near me who i would estimate to be around 200 pounds. pounds easily. His mother owns a Chip Shop, so hes fat as fuck. He can barely walk, and his school uniform doesnt even fit him. If he was laying on his stomach he'd probably take about 10 seconds just to get up off the god damn floor.

There is no way. At all. None, that that child posed any threat to the officer. None. To pretend that he could of is being unreasonable.

And theres a lot of difference in "a wailing 200 pound human being" and a 9 year old fat. A 200 pound adult would kick the shit out of you.

Edit, forgot to type a word