Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Patient Klazmaunt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama, USA
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    but GW2G already fills in the role of "official forums" quite successfully.
    Too bad navigating Guru is like gouging yourself in the eye with a rusty spoon. I hate having to work that website...the layout is just terrible. I never go there anymore.

    @OP An Armory seems necessary for a game focused around cosmetics as much as GW2 is. It should be a great addition if done correctly. I'd also like to see a 3d "dressing room" sort of thing. Something where you can exchange different pieces of gear and see how they would look on your character so you don't have to search for them in game just to try them on.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

  2. #42
    Stood in the Fire Arkkitehti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    I am saying that because I think for the GW2 E-Sport to success it's better Anet prioritize balancing based on high level gaming.
    Another thing to note is that since the competitive PvP will be about controlling nodes (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong) the balance doesn't necessarily need to be as tight as it does for deathmatch style arena combat, as your end goal is not killing every enemy.

    Of course balance will still be a factor especially at the higher levels of play, but I'd imagine that the further emphasis on teamwork and strategy will lessen the impact of balance at least in the lower end of the bracket.

  3. #43
    Pandaren Monk nalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,817
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    I am saying that because I think for the GW2 E-Sport to success it's better Anet prioritize balancing based on high level gaming.
    High level gaming as in max level or high skills?

    As all PvP in GW2 will be at level 80 because of the scaling (WvW wont give you utility/elite skills though when you scale up), making it a lot easier to balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Thank god you posted that pic done by Da Vinci The vitruvian man because to be honest I had NOOOO Idea what a Human body looked liked therefor had NO idea what you were refering too. With that said the sylvari are made of lettuce. If I twist up some cabage leaves too look like a human, it doesnt make it monohuman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That picture has four arms and four legs. It's not a human, so it's clearly a spider.

  4. #44
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,021
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    High level gaming as in max level or high skills?

    As all PvP in GW2 will be at level 80 because of the scaling (WvW wont give you utility/elite skills though when you scale up), making it a lot easier to balance.
    Pretty sure he's talking about low-rated vs high-rated.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  5. #45
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Pretty sure he's talking about low-rated vs high-rated.
    I don't think they were lol, it seemed like they were saying they should forget about everything not max lv and just focus on level cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  6. #46
    Herald of the Titans Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    2,706
    elitism is bad for a community, it divides the haves against have-not's of society, and in the end enforces bad blood between the two.

    Luckily for us, Arenanet is trying the hardest they can to get rid of those ill conceived notions of older MMO's, by trying to work with community building design philosophies.

    The only place you should see a divide in experience is between people who are actually skilled and those who barely know how to use a character inventory, aside from that, PVP is the only area of the game where I can see people having a divide in skill for the sake of bragging rights.

    I hope they don't add an arena in GW2, i feel that will cause a very bad divide for players to emerge.
    And should he be a prophet of It's coming, he shall be cast out by his kin and his peers, for they cannot comprehend and fear the end of the corrupt empire. - Unknown, 3/1/2012
    I am Lothaeryn, Dragonborn of Nirn and Paladin of Azeroth. Hear my voice and tremble... Bask in my radiance and be inspired...
    For I am the Hand of Dawn, and justice shall be done by my shout and by my blade.

  7. #47
    The Lightbringer Malthurius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Black Citadel
    Posts
    3,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I don't think they were lol, it seemed like they were saying they should forget about everything not max lv and just focus on level cap.
    It's kind of a pointless... er... point to make since it's impossible to PvP at any level other than max level because of side-kicking.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 07:49 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Pretty sure he's talking about low-rated vs high-rated.
    Arguing that doesn't make any sense either. I don't even understand how one would balance high skilled players to the exclusion of lesser ones.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-03-14 at 11:53 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    High level gaming as in max level or high skills?

    As all PvP in GW2 will be at level 80 because of the scaling (WvW wont give you utility/elite skills though when you scale up), making it a lot easier to balance.
    As high level of player skill of course. As you say because there is scaling so low level (character levels) of pvp doesn't even exist, so would be rather pointless to balance game based on it.

  9. #49
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Just a gentle reminder that this thread is about which features you expect or would like to see on GW2's new website. :P

  10. #50
    Herald of the Titans Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    2,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Just a gentle reminder that this thread is about which features you expect or would like to see on GW2's new website. :P
    Yea, but it seems we tend to derail our own threads alot in this sub forum, so I think everyone is used to it ><

    As for what I would like to see, a 3d model viewer, similar to WoWhead's item comparison plugin.
    And should he be a prophet of It's coming, he shall be cast out by his kin and his peers, for they cannot comprehend and fear the end of the corrupt empire. - Unknown, 3/1/2012
    I am Lothaeryn, Dragonborn of Nirn and Paladin of Azeroth. Hear my voice and tremble... Bask in my radiance and be inspired...
    For I am the Hand of Dawn, and justice shall be done by my shout and by my blade.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Arguing that doesn't make any sense either. I don't even understand how one would balance high skilled players to the exclusion of lesser ones.
    For example if some comp would get very popular in 1500-2000 rating (assume thats low-mid range rating in GW2) that majority of players wouldn't be able to counter, but on 2k+ rating that comp wouldn't be so effective as these player would have learned how to counter it, but it would still be just as viable as other comps. Then devs would go and just hit it with nerf bat and completely remove that comp from high rated games in order to balance it for low-mid range rating.
    Last edited by leipuri; 2012-03-15 at 01:07 AM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Just a gentle reminder that this thread is about which features you expect or would like to see on GW2's new website. :P
    Noted. /nod

    A full trait/skill calculator like: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/, with all the possible traits and relevant info would be amazing. I can easily spend hours playing with those calculators.

    Also quick links to the GW2 wiki for each discrete skill and gameplay element. So that if one wanted to quickly get a bit more information on say Bleed stacking, it's never more than a 1-click away from the tooltip to wiki.

    Would also like a "World Tracker" similar to Rift's mobile app w/ the current state of DEs in any given area accessible out-of-game.

  13. #53
    Pandaren Monk schippie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Netherlands - Darkspear EU
    Posts
    1,912
    I never understand why you wouldnt want your own forums. I mean they are free take MyBB excelent free forum. And even if you decide to go "more expensive" you pay what 300 dollars for vbulletin. IPboard for 300 and xenforo for 250. Its not that expensive if you ask me. Also since they already have there site..

    http://www.guildwars2.com/en/ They can easily add the forum into that.

    They even had forums for technicall support for guild wars 1 https://forum.guildwars.com/forum/

    And lets be honest nobody except blizzard now a days creates there own forum CMS. Not even hyrez with T:A which uses a free forum MyBB so free in fact that they need to have MyBB on the bottom since its not a busness licence.

    And steam also just uses vbulletin.

    Another thing hosting a forum now a days is cheap as hell to.. And seeing gw2 already has there own host or they host it therselfs. There is no reason at all not to have a forum in my opinion. The only thing it achieves is to spread out the community.

    OT:

    -Simply one forum where i can log in with my guild wars 2 account or NCsoft account. Which shows you your ingame characters etc.
    -Some form of an armory online which shows guild information/character information.
    -A online store since buying stuff for real money will be a feature in this game so i rather have a good working site to go along with it.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-03-15 at 12:37 AM.

  14. #54
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Noted. /nod

    A full trait/skill calculator like: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/, with all the possible traits and relevant info would be amazing. I can easily spend hours playing with those calculators.

    Also quick links to the GW2 wiki for each discrete skill and gameplay element. So that if one wanted to quickly get a bit more information on say Bleed stacking, it's never more than a 1-click away from the tooltip to wiki.

    Would also like a "World Tracker" similar to Rift's mobile app w/ the current state of DEs in any given area accessible out-of-game.
    *shakes fist angrily in the air* Damn you kids beating me to it!!

    I hope there is NOT an official forums, because i'd like to keep information and the tears of the bad players that think the game should be easier separated... (never had good discussion on official forums).

    A feature i would love to see though would be a lore section on each of the professions pages that'd explain how they've changed in the 250 years, as well as show us some of their skills in the videos (an updated video set preferably... some of the ability videos are a little old....).

    I'd also like to see a creature manual where they could put their blog posts on the races there and put like a 3D model of them or something that you could spin around, maybe have a short video to kinda show where that species lives and what it does!

    PS: If you haven't noticed i'm a bit of a lore fanatic xD!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  15. #55
    If theres no way for a person to hide behind an alt or if the forums were integrated with facebook, or something that required you to reveal your name, then I see no problem in having a forum. From an economic standpoint it can be very nice having alot of ideas, discussion and the communities in one place, rather than spread around all over the internet. Because believe it or not, some good discussion and ideas do exists on an official game forum, although rare.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    If theres no way for a person to hide behind an alt or if the forums were integrated with facebook, or something that required you to reveal your name, then I see no problem in having a forum. From an economic standpoint it can be very nice having alot of ideas, discussion and the communities in one place, rather than spread around all over the internet. Because believe it or not, some good discussion and ideas do exists on an official game forum, although rare.
    I agree that forums aren't all evil but people would hate having their real names revealed on forums.

    They could just tied your posts to your entire account (which would link to your toons) under a nickname for said account. that would cut down on at least a bit of the nonsense since people wouldn't want to sully their characters names.

  17. #57
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,021
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    They could just tied your posts to your entire account (which would link to your toons) under a nickname for said account. that would cut down on at least a bit of the nonsense since people wouldn't want to sully their characters names.
    I respectfully disagree in the following manner:

    http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100707
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I agree that forums aren't all evil but people would hate having their real names revealed on forums.

    They could just tied your posts to your entire account (which would link to your toons) under a nickname for said account. that would cut down on at least a bit of the nonsense since people wouldn't want to sully their characters names.
    I think it would work as quite a nice social experiment :P And as with most other things, if you dont like it dont participate in it. Simple as that

    And while I agree with the poster above that trolls will still be trolls, while true its a well known fact that trolls can turn into stone when the sun shines upon them so they tend to stay in the shadows and hopefully away from the official forums.

    But your proposition that you just tie their posts to their accounts is also fine by me :P

  19. #59
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    If theres no way for a person to hide behind an alt or if the forums were integrated with facebook, or something that required you to reveal your name, then I see no problem in having a forum. From an economic standpoint it can be very nice having alot of ideas, discussion and the communities in one place, rather than spread around all over the internet. Because believe it or not, some good discussion and ideas do exists on an official game forum, although rare.
    I would absolutely abhor having a forum integrated with Facebook. God I hate that website.

  20. #60
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I hope they don't add an arena in GW2, i feel that will cause a very bad divide for players to emerge.
    Why? arena's were good fun in gw1 and IMO it would be cool to see them in gw2. Getting confronted with your flaws and weaknesses makes (or should make) you want to improve yourself, and fix these flaws.

    It's not bad to be confronted with them.

    What is bad about wow arena's is not the style of pvp, it's how they're implemented to be the high-end pvp while arena's don't necessarily tend to be the best fit for that. Group composition in arena's is too important, so that a battle between 2 equally skilled groups might already be decided before the fight even starts.

    GW1 High end pvp (I mean GvG here, tombs was for pussies!!!) was an entirely different story, where groups with a build disadvantage could cleverly split up and try to get an edge that way.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •