Trinkets advice req

Got Cunning of the Cruel last night, and was using Insignia of the Corrupted Mind and Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor. Mr. Robot's telling me to switch Insignia for Cunning (which I did), and noticed a great increase versus Yor'sajh but I'm wondering if I should be using Insignia instead of Cunning versus solo (0 trash) bosses?

Or use Cunning all the way? Thanks for advice.

The proc does still do decent dmg since it is modified by shadow talents. Since the "nerf" it actually hits more often which has resulted in an even higher PP value than it originally had. If the question is between Cunning over Insignia i'd go Cunning all the way. Also, are these HM, normal, LFR versions? Not sure I'd have Insignia over Rag trinket.

Its normal 25 (or 10) DS. We're just 1/8HM atm, but I sure hope we get more! Mr. Robot has Variable Capacitor over Insignia, but H2P.com says:

Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor 384 - 656.00
    Insignia of the Corrupted Mind 397 - 713.59
    Cunning of the Cruel 384 - 716.00
    Will of Unbinding 390 - 756.00
    Cunning of the Cruel 397 - 808.00
    Will of Unbinding 403 - 856.24
    So I guess Insignia would be better then?

don't follow robots use common sense. Which has the higher int, and then which has a better proc. Pretty Sure i'd go with CoC and Insignia until i get the spine trink then that and CoC

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Its normal 25 (or 10) DS. We're just 1/8HM atm, but I sure hope we get more! Mr. Robot has Variable Capacitor over Insignia, but H2P.com says:

So I guess Insignia would be better then?

Yes, I would definitely go with cunning and Insignia. Dont forget to re-pop DP when this trinket procs (as well as VT if you are close to recasting) and when it is about to fade so you can have double the proc length on two of your dots. Same logic as with Theralion's Mirror in t11 except its Haste now instead of mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Yes, I would definitely go with cunning and Insignia. Dont forget to re-pop DP when this trinket procs (as well as VT if you are close to recasting) and when it is about to fade so you can have double the proc length on two of your dots. Same logic as with Theralion's Mirror in t11 except its Haste now instead of mastery.
    Not sure I get it? When CoC procs, it showers all mobs with a Shadowbolt, when Insignia procs, I got a haste buff... why would I recast DP/VT? From which trinket exactly?

When Insignia procs, you want to recast your dot to make use of the MUCH higher Haste - try to do it if VT is close to running out and always recast DP since casting DP is a gain over MF (unless you are low on mana for some reason.) Same reasoning as recasting dots on any major buff/proc (Bloodlust/Hero, Volcanic, Volcano, ES+, Tricks(?), ect.)

Keep in mind that this is ignoring any other possible procs you may also have had up on the current dots. Kind of have to use your judgement when considering those.

Ok ok! But, in the heat of the action, it's hard to notice when it procs, other that feeling (seeing) the cast time being shorter... Is there a way to shout/whisper/dbm at myself, telling me that the trinket has proc'ed?

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Ok ok! But, in the heat of the action, it's hard to notice when it procs, other that feeling (seeing) the cast time being shorter... Is there a way to shout/whisper/dbm at myself, telling me that the trinket has proc'ed?
    There's a few good addons that track your procable buffs. Tellmewhen, needtoknow, and power auras are all good self-tracking buff addons. I prefer needtoknow though, because I have my buffs surrounding my own nameplate. The link below shows how.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ide-(by-Kilee)
    Voxi - 85 Shadow Priest [4/8 HM DS, 6/7 Heroic FL] Tsunari - 85 MM Huntard