Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Bear Grylls fired from Discovery Channel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-Channel.html

He had one of the best shows on the channel :<

Just got sacked, better drink my own piss.

Sorry.

Really makes you wonder what the guy who ate dead zebra would flat out refuse to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Really makes you wonder what the guy who ate dead zebra would flat out refuse to do.
    Dead zebra isnt that bad at all, far worst things :P
    but good question

I was thinking the same thing. o_O

Contractual dispute?

Someone wanted more money.

"but there is one thing Man vs. Wild’s Bear Grylls reportedly refused to do"

They probably asked him to sleep in a tent for a night.

Who cares? dude sleeps in hotels rooms... the guy with the camera and no crew is the real deal.

Seems odd it was one of the better programs they had. Now how will i learn that going outside requires too much effort!
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like he did...

*Puts sunglasses on*

A piss-poor job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post
    Who cares? dude sleeps in hotels rooms... the guy with the camera and no crew is the real deal.
    Les Stroud.

He's the real deal, but Bear Grylls is more for the entertainment. Les Stroud is more educational and a compulsive badass.

I love his shoes in the last photo where he's shaking hands with the Queen ^^
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks alot worse

look how fake this one is (pretty sure that deer was tied up)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sWGp...eature=related

wonder how heart taste

they asked him to lighten up on the piss
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post
    Oh! That's, ummm....., Survivor Man isn't it? I always thought it was sweet how he never brought very much with him, only things that you might have on you when you got stuck in that area. I remember he was doing pretty good on a deserted island once when his crew had to go back and get him because a country near there was going through a coupe or something like that. Or the time they left him stranded in Northern Canada in the middle of winter because of an "airplane crash". I really liked that show.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Survivor Man carries the camera around WITH him. All of his trips are solo and he has to enter contractual agreements with local governments in order to do so in some places. Some of the places force him to take a few things. Like when he went to Northern Canada they made him take local seal meat.

Bear Grylls had a camera crew follow him around, so essentially he is always around a lot of people.

Survivor man is much more real but obviously the shots aren't as good when the dude is trying to survive and carry the dumb camera everywhere.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bear's show was to demonstrate survival techniques while being entertaining, it was never intended to be a 'real' survival ordeal. The arguments of him vs another guy as being a better / more real "survivalist" (?) are irrelevant, different shows with different intent.

That said, not really 'fired', that just sensationalized. Seems he wanted more money for a new season and they said no, so he walked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont worry, History channel will hire him with: ''Future survivorman'', because what BS dont they send these days?
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Just dying to know what he wouldn't do for the network that got him fired, after all his antics it must have really been a doozy. I hope it's something more interesting than "he refused to work for 95% of his current income of millions of dollars".