Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Some other things we do to help this fight out.

-We save lust for a red/black/yellow phase because it is the hardest
    -On Red/Black/Yellow phases we have dps hold off on blowing their AOE cooldowns until the second wave of adds has spawned. They still cleave/aoe through the first wave but any big aoe cooldown, ie cumbustion/bladestorm/etc, is held off until the second wave spawns. It seems to help get the adds down quicker. Additionally we hold our dps back a few second after the next wave of slimes spawns to finish off or get close to finish off the last of the black spawns. Then ALL dps heads out to slimes to kill the target.
    -On one of our phases, I think its black/purple/green/blue (I think) we actually kill black instead of green. We found that dealing with purple and the minimal green damage was easier to heal through than purple plus the add damage.
    -We 1 tank (Blood DK)/2 heal it, Holy Pally (me), and disc priest.
    -During purple phase we each take a group, ie I take group 1 and disc priest takes group 2 so we dont over lap heals on accident and blow someone up. Very rarely does it seem like someone takes more than maybe 3 stacks before they reset in our group though. Something for your holy pally if you have one is that beacon does not cause a stack during purple, so all xfers to the tank via beacon are not going to cause stacks and I believe WoG also doesnt add a stack. Additionally if you happen to pick up a disc priest anytime have them unglyph their PW:S and it will no longer cause a stack during purple phase.
    Last edited by Pogonophobia; 2012-03-16 at 12:11 PM.

black — blue — green — red; ---> Kill Green ---> black — blue — red
    Stack on the boss and aoe the adds down quickly, then switch to the boss leaving the mana void for the transition, see below for details on it.

black — blue — purple — yellow; ---> Kill Yellow ---> black — blue — purple
    This is the easiest combination, aoe the adds down quickly and spot heal with slow heals while watching stacks of the purple debuff.

black — green — red — yellow; ---> Kill Green ---> black — red — yellow
    This is the hardest of all of the combinations and where we save bloodlust for, as there is not purple here the bloodlust helps the healers and helps get the adds down quicker. Make sure the tank is using his major cooldown here as well as chaining the other minor cooldowns. Just before the next set of oozes spawn there will be another spawn of adds, have melee and casters who can dps on the move try to damage them as much as possible and then aoe them down quickly when everyone is back at the boss.

black — purple — red — yellow; ---> Kill Yellow ---> black — purple — red
    Stack on the boss and aoe the adds quickly and spot heal hard.

blue — green — purple — yellow. ---> Kill Yellow ---> blue — green — purple
    Fairly easy as there is no black, no yellow and no red just make sure that casters are within range when the mana void pops (see below for mana void strategy)

black — blue — green — purple; ---> Kill Black ---> blue — green — purple
    We also differ here, our raid kills Green in this instance as we have found Purple + Blue + Black is the easiest combination to deal with.

On the first combination that gives a blue ooze leave it, once it has drained everyone's mana get the priest to use Hymn of Hope for mana. Once the next oozes spawn get 2 melee dps to get the mana void down to ~30% health. If there is another blue ooze wait for the mana to get drained and then get ranged dps to pop the one on low health. This should refill the healer's mana, rinse repeat with new mana voids, do not pop the void if there is no blue ooze unless you are absolutely desperate for the mana.

Having a DK tank is very advantageous on this fight. In my guild I am that tank and use a resistance + mastery elixir combination as well as my Mirror from Tol'Barad. Every set of adds I get 6 stacks of the debuff, after the 3rd stack I use Anti-Magic Shield, just before the 5th stack I use Mirror Trinket and Vampiric Blood for between the 2 also depending on which set of oozes we get and whether the extra healing is needed for the raid or just myself. Icebound fortitude is saved for the yellow+black combination.

We also 2 heal it with a Holy Pally + Holy Priest and a Boomkin ready to use tranquility when needed.

All of you guys seriously rule. I always brushed off asking for help because I found that videos & icy veins gave us enough info to get any boss down without much difficulty (and it still felt like we were making good progress on every single attempt). This is the first time in Cata I actually felt stumped after doing my usual research and actually attempting the fight.

Anyways I'll certainly let you all know how our progress goes on him next shot around.

Thanks again

Someone recommended 3 healers 1 tank over 2 healers 2 tanks...most people highly disagree with this option. Especially if you have a feral who can switch to bear for the last 10 secs of each ooze phase to make it easier on your main tank to drop his stacks. Like I said earlier 3 healers on this fight is a waste. The correct way of doing this fight leaves purple up majority of the time and 3 heals when purple is up is a waste. For 2 reasons. 1. 3 healers have the chance of blowing up the raid by cross healing much more than 2 healers. 2. Most healers will get everyone to 4 stacks of deep corruption and just pray they stay up. They can no longer heal until the stacks drop off. 2 healers can easily reach 4 stacks on the entire raid in no time. Having a 3rd healer there means instead of having 2 healers doing nothing until the stacks drop you now have 3. That 3rd healer could be a dps making black phases MUCH MUCH easier on you. If you absolutely have to 3 heal cuz of whatever reason, sadly, your healers need to step their game up. 2 heals and 1 tank is the optimal setup. Trust me. Black adds will rape you on Yellow>Black phases with 3 heals 2 tanks. Most fights having the extra cushion on heals is the way to go for progression. This is not one of those fights.

Oh and a tip with grps with a DK...have them summon army on red>yellow>black before the second set of adds spawn and they will taunt the adds as they come up. The trick with the adds is they don't fixate until about a second after they're up. So your tank(s) should be doing something to get a couple adds on him instead of the raid. Having army take em is just the best way of handling there damage period. Any grp doing this fight without a DK is going to have a way harder time than a grp with a DK. We finally got our chance to shine and boy are we ever.
    Last edited by Talksick; 2012-03-16 at 06:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talksick View Post
    Someone recommended 3 healers 1 tank over 2 healers 2 tanks...most people highly disagree with this option. [...] If you absolutely have to 3 heal cuz of whatever reason, sadly, your healers need to step their game up. 2 heals and 1 tank is the optimal setup. [...]
    Well, as I explained in my post, choosing 3 healers & 1 tank over 2 healers & 2 tanks (or even 2 healers & 1 tank) is simply based on the decision of killing the purple ooze on pretty much every combination except for one, confronting the raid with much more incoming damage and therefore much more stuff to heal through (e.g. one more red-black-yellow combination than otherwise).

As you can see, this is a matter of preference... if you're going with the green/yellow tactic, of course 2 healers are more than enough, since you'll have the purple debuff up for about half the time anyways. You pretty much covered all the reasons. But the fight is absolutely different if choosing to go with a priority on the purple ooze. To each is own...

This is basically a healer's fight, once they learn how to heal trough purple phases you can score a kill. Fight is easier now, because the dps check is lower, you can try 3 healing it if your dps is high, but i recommend 2 heals.

1. Purple, Red, Yellow, Black: Stack, AoE adds, control healing.
    2. Yellow, Blue, Purple, Green: Spread, rotate mana CD's, control healing.
    3. Yellow, Blue, Black, Purple: Stack, rotate mana CD's, control healing.
    4. Green, Red, Blue, Black: Stack, rotate mana CD's, AoE adds.
    5. Green, Purple, Black, Blue: Control healing, AoE adds, rotate mana CD's.
    6. Green, Yellow, Black, Red: (Killer combo) Bloodlust/Time Warp, stack, AoE adds, use personal cooldowns here. You can kill Yellow too, and be careful about positioning, melee stack on boss, and ranged around.

Paladin Tank
    Feral Tank > Feral Tank is pretty good in this fight because of upglyphed Frenzied Regeneration. This can be used as another raid wide CD.
    Holy/Shadow Priest > Good for purple phases due to high healing output.
    Holy/Retribution Pally > Good for tank healing through Beacon of Light.
    Druid Heals
    Arcane/Fire Mage
    Arcane/Fire Mage
    Enhance Shammy
    Elemental Shammy
    Retribution Pally
    DPS Warrior

Tips:
    Tank need to use Prismatic Elixir and Elixir of the Master.
    Tank need to use TB trinket.
    Tank need to rotate CD's after mana void, because healers might be OoM.
    Tank with 4-piece set needs to use big CD's (like Frenzied Regeneration) to help healers on high damage combos.
    Killer combo, if 2 healed, needs Bloodlust/Time Warp to get through it.
    In purple phases, healing must be controlled, no need to overheal.
    Be sure to use the Mana Void trick: After first Mana Void, use mana CD's, in interphases, melees switch to Mana Void and dps it to 10-20%. Don't kill it before a new Mana Void spawns.

We 3 heal and 1 tank. We dont kill purple any more often than normal. We just have healers assigned to different groups so theres no risk of them double healing someone.

We also use a DK tank though. Which makes it really much easier than any other tank. I cant remember ever wiping because the tank died.

I solo tank on my DK and my Feral OT goes Kitty with his 4 piece bear set. Germany phases GG.

If you or anyone else is still looking for in depth details regarding the fight I've recently made a video guide
    Best of luck to you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b7VaYKeKg8

My guild did about 20 attempts over 2 or 3 weeks, using Icy Veins strat. We then swapped to always kill Yellow or Green. After 4 attempts 2tank/2healing it, we had our DK go tank. I've never seen him tank before, but after that, it took 2 tries to score a kill. 6 attempts with this strat. You need healers to know about purple, maybe assign each healer a group. You'll need a tiny bit of practice for Red+Green, ranged should be on the edge of the bosses red circle on the ground (from targeting him). Red+Green is when we used bloodlust. Any decent DK tank will make it much easier, ours was around 380 ilvl. You'll never see red/yellow/black with this strat either.

Few issues right off the bat:

Paladin Tank - definitely needs Mirror of Broken images, it's basically a DK's AMS for every class
    Feral Tank - You don't need a second tank, i'll explain in a second
    Holy/Shadow Priest - Needs to be Disc. The barrier in this fight is priceless, as well as the pain suppression.
    Holy/Retribution Pally - Holy for sure
    Druid Heals - Primary tank healer during purple
    Arcane/Fire Mage - Fire
    Arcane/Fire Mage - Fire
    Enhance Shammy
    Elemental Shammy
    Retribution Pally
    DPS Warrior

Essentially, you as a raid have to learn each combo and how to deal with them one at a time, then tackle the challenge of dealing with the combos when they come after another one. The two hardest combos are Purple-Red-Black (Yellow killed) and Yellow-Red-Black (Green killed). For YRB, you have no purple, so no healing restriction. Therefore you pop all your raid HEALING cooldowns, such as d hymn and tranquility. Use guardian during this if you need to, but if your healers are worth anything at all they won't need it (especially with three healers). You get 2 waves of adds during this. It's the second wave of adds that totally fucks you if you do it wrong, because they spawn as you run to the next ooze. The way I had my guild handle this was we lusted right after the first wave of adds died and before the second wave was out. We stayed on top of the boss for an extra 10 seconds or so and pretty much nuked the second set of adds down to zero, and THEN we moved to the next ooze to kill it. This makes sure you aren't taking too much lingering damage from the second wave of adds.

Now for the PRB, there is a healing restriction. Barrier must be saved for this, it will make this phase trivial.

To the tanking, this is easily one-tankable by anybody. If your pally is having trouble AND is popping his cooldowns correctly, AND word of glorying himself when he needs to, then you rotate external cooldowns on him around 4-5 stacks. Rotate hand of sacrifice and pain suppression accordingly.

black — blue — green — red
    black — blue — purple — yellow (you can kill black if you're hitting enrage)
    black — green — red — yellow
    black — purple — red — yellow
    blue — green — purple — yellow
    black — blue — green — purple
    Last edited by StupidPanda; 2012-03-19 at 11:49 PM.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

We had a couple changes to our roster so we are taking a step back to gear two people up before pushing heroics any harder.

That said I think we have a much better handle of the encounter and once we get a couple new pieces on our new guys this will be a cake walk!

Hmm... 2 mages, a warrior, and a ret pally? No trouble with adds here.

I'd recommend Yellow>Green. You will never have to deal with red-yellow-black. Seriously, my guild is not great, and we killed it in 6 attempts last week, after going 20 attempts with other kill orders.

Hardest combos are purple-red-black (use cooldowns) and red-green-black. RGB we use bloodlust. Just have your ranges spread right on the edge of the red circle that appears when you target Yor'sahj. We 2-heal, 1-tank.