10+ Year Old Account

Questions about 3s currently: patch 4.3

So I was watching the Hydra video on the front page and I saw something that struck me odd:
    So many teams are;
    Priest Healer (Disc)
    Rogue DPS (Sub)
    Mage DPS (Frost)

So are these the bias 3s for 2600?

I always remembered Restoration Shamans being the token healer. I know they had some nerfs because of their PvP, but how bad was it? Details to the nerfs and what they did to the Shaman spec please?

I haven't played since December 2011 so I'm curious of what has really changed since 4.3 to make the top 3 most squishy classes to be so good at 3s? I know their CC work well together.

Deleted
    It's just in a sad state atm, rogues & mages along with resto shamana are pretty much fotm, there's like what 90% chance you will end up with these classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    So I was watching the Hydra video on the front page and I saw something that struck me odd:
    So many teams are;
    Priest Healer (Disc)
    Rogue DPS (Sub)
    Mage DPS (Frost)

So are these the bias 3s for 2600?

I always remembered Restoration Shamans being the token healer. I know they had some nerfs because of their PvP, but how bad was it? Details to the nerfs and what they did to the Shaman spec please?

I haven't played since December 2011 so I'm curious of what has really changed since 4.3 to make the top 3 most squishy classes to be so good at 3s? I know their CC work well together.
    Rogue/Lock/Shaman is the most common 2.6k comp currently. Not RMP.

Rogues haven't been squishy in a while. Throughout Cataclysm, their survivability has actually been nerfed.

And RMP is one of the most consistent glad comps there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

15+ Year Old Account
    As I saw from the ladders, the 3s is dominated by RLS who's only counter is 3xDPS (ret/rogue/hunter ret/rogue/dk) who's only counter is RMP. Here and there you can see some other composition comes in (MLS, RPS).

Doomroth, arguably one of the world's best locks who was on 2900 at that time got farmed by 2,2K rated 3xDPS who were randomly spaming CC's on his team while training his shaman for multiple games (as I recall it they lost 8 out of 10 matches, 1 win was due ret from 3xDPS team DC-ing and 2nd was on BE where he abused teleport).

That fact alone show's the condition of 3v3 atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until they fire Greg Street or he miraculously gets hit by a bus this is just how it is. RMPLS is god tier, DruidPallyHunterDK is middle tier and then all alone in the toilet: Warrior.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    You do realize every single RMP clip in that movie is from Wrath of the Lich King, right? Regardless, RMP is still a ridiculously good comp with a gigantic skill cap - it's arguably better than RLS, regardless of shamans being much better all around than priests, it's just a lot harder to be really good at, unlike RLS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    You do realize every single RMP clip in that movie is from Wrath of the Lich King, right? Regardless, RMP is still a ridiculously good comp with a gigantic skill cap - it's arguably better than RLS, regardless of shamans being much better all around than priests, it's just a lot harder to be really good at, unlike RLS.
    Did not know that was from WotLK, which would explain a lot. Disc Priests were awesome then and i remember having one with me for 2s as I was Elemental. I did a double KO one time.
    I died from Snake Trap because I decided to go for the kill instead of healing quick so the SV hunter (at that time was really high burst) and I died. Leaving the Hpally and my Disc Priest to battle it out. Eventually I got rez by my guy, the hpally must of lagged or something but he missed by .5 seconds from stopping him and bam, I was rez. Needless to say, took us 5 mins to kill the Hpally because we had the UC arena and he did lots of LoS and had lots of issues with just bursting him as healing was 1-100 1 heal.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Until they fire Greg Street or he miraculously gets hit by a bus this is just how it is. RMPLS is god tier, DruidPallyHunterDK is middle tier and then all alone in the toilet: Warrior.
    I see, you think warriors are in a bad shape, yet I see one shot macros all over them, I don't have macros that set that up for any Shaman spec. Also, developers being hit by a bus was a shaman thing and I really don't approve of what happen but it was funny to read about it, since it was before I joined WoW, 2.4 patch was when I came to the game.

While I do agree that Greg Street isn't the greatest developer, I think he did some good things, but I don't think a fired Lead Developer ends well for a company. Maybe if he was demoted and a new person came up, I think things could be fixed better with quicker Hot Patches. WoW devs are lacking in content and class development compared to SOTOR and Rift. It is a fact, but the overall PvP experience from WoW is what keeps me into it. I loved level 60 enh shamans before DK's and WotLK. Then I went Elemental and I went back to Enh at the start of Cata and I quit. Game lost its touch with DK's, Mages, Warriors, Ferals being OP like no other. Now I'm going back because I felt the urge to play again.
    I don't plan on being a top arena player but I will play Arena again after I get geared. One thing I learned from WotLK and BC, the end content = more balance overall than fighting throughout the entire expansion expecting things to be fixed by #.1 patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greg isn't the lead developer. He's the team lead for the character design team. There's a difference, but since no one knows anyone else, they opt to hate the messenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE