Poll: What profession do you like least?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It's not like we're running around in GW2 with motor vehicles
    Yes we do (check background) http://www.talktyria.net/wp-content/...-glue-shot.png
    and space ships and jet packs
    yes we are http://attachments.conceptart.org/fo...1&d=1255474475
    while wearing pressurized and powered battle suits that we could wear in outer space.
    Of course we do http://guildwars2.si/wp-content/gall...golem-suit.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Charr were shown to be technological innovators because they used that tech to kill their own gods. Its not that hard to think of them as the steam punk race with all of the metal forging they do and the simple fact the Black Citadel is a dome made entirely of forged scrap metal...

that's a concept art of a Charr Helicopter or drone type thing, doesn't mean its in game or canon

Asura battle golems are powered through magic, just like the Arcane Golems of the Blood Elves in WoW, its not entirely technology based.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

this is a scheme by engineers to convince everyone else the profession will be miserable. So 3 months after the release when the engineer is the most desired profession, all of us crafty engineers will be highly desired and able to enter any group because we are cool.

I am like the magician that teaches people how to do the magic trick wearing the masks that look like they inspired the skyrim masks worn by dragon priests.

Yes i made that connection.

Sorry fellow engineers. The elementalists offered a substantial amount of money to share this tid bit of information.

Yeah, there's bound to be a "transition" phase. There was definitely a time period where people still used primitive weapons such as swords and shields and wore armor and such, even though guns were beginning to become more prominent. It took time to push out the old ways!
    At the same time you can see that in modern days we still use body armor and shields when fighting ppl with guns. It's not that far fetched to imagine heavy armored guy with shield and baton fight lightly armored guy with hand gun. I mean what do you do when 100kg mass of steel is charging towards you with most of it's body covered by impenetrable shield. You try to land a shot or three at him, maybe even hit some part of him slowing him down, but then he is near you making shooting at him ineffective and you wish you have retreated when you had the chance.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Charr were shown to be technological innovators because they used that tech to kill their own gods. Its not that hard to think of them as the steam punk race with all of the metal forging they do and the simple fact the Black Citadel is a dome made entirely of forged scrap metal...
    nope, you can thank the humans for that one
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Not to go offtopic, but from the videos I have seen, the Asura looked far more advanced in technology than the Charr.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    At the same time you can see that in modern days we still use body armor and shields when fighting ppl with guns. It's not that far fetched to imagine heavy armored guy with shield and baton fight lightly armored guy with hand gun. I mean what do you do when 100kg mass of steel is charging towards you with most of it's body covered by impenetrable shield. You try to land a shot or three at him, maybe even hit some part of him slowing him down, but then he is near you making shooting at him ineffective and you wish you have retreated when you had the chance.
    id toss a grenade at him. and watch as his steel armor compresses into his body. But thats just talking literally.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper View Post
    id toss a grenade at him. and watch as his steel armor compresses into his body. But thats just talking literally.
    Yes, yes, yes ... I was thinking the same thing. Heavy armor must be vulneable to overheating with grenades You need to get enchants that protects you from overheating in heavy armor.

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    Not to go offtopic, but from the videos I have seen, the Asura looked far more advanced in technology than the Charr.
    Asura runs green energy kind of style, Charrs go the industrial path from what I have seen.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Yes, yes, yes ... I was thinking the same thing. Heavy armor must be vulneable to overheating with grenades You need to get enchants that protects you from overheating in heavy armor.

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 09:37 PM ----------

Asura runs green energy kind of style, Charrs go the industrial path from what I have seen.
    asura use magic-tech, charr are raw industrial engines, steam and internal combustion
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

The ranger just looks so... dull... old... reused.
    Otherwise, engineer is pretty lame, other than his FREAKING FLAMETHROWER!

Deleted
    i don't like the engineer because im more for the oldschool style, guns aren't my thing. But who know's? maybe ill fall in love when i try one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    You got me there, as I forgot about the Asura racial, but the rest isn't a problem (though, while on the point, the Asura using a "golem suit" isn't exactly far-fetched). Charr use technology heavily and kinda view magic as heathenish (the reverse from the standard, I guess, huh?)... so, it's likely they're going to think up quite a few different kinds of war-machines, from those on wheels, to those that fly. It's not unorthodox for a war-like race to try and imagine war machines (even in Avatar: The Last Airbender, that happened).
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

A tossup between guardian and mesmer for me. Not that i really dislike either i just think those 2 would be the last professions i personally would try. Guardian (decided to give it a vote as mesmer already has so many) because as i saw someone else say in this thread, i'm sure they are absolutely awesome in a group environment bringing boons and heals to the party, but don't seem to be too affective on their own, maybe i'm wrong, maybe a hammer/greatsword guardian is really good at solo and fun to play but i'll pass on that as one of my first characters. Mesmer because i don't trust the clone/phantasm AI, whenever i see a mesmer it just reminds me of those "Noooo clones, don't attack THAT thing, attack THIS thing!" or "No! that's a bad totem, why aren't you attacking? Oh now you're attacking something i'm not.. WHY IS THERE NO CONTROL OVER YOU?!" moments in WoW. I just feel like they would rebel against me and stop listening and go do their own thing.. i'm sure this is awesome in pvp, but again, not one of the first classes i'm going to roll with

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    I don't get the pint of this thread, you could easily figure out the least favorite class by simply looking at the other polls for the most favorite. The one with the least amount of votes is obviously the least favorite.
    That's not the same thing at all!

That's the least common favourite class, this is the most common least liked class.

Deleted
    thief 1 wrong button and your mob resets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    thief 1 wrong button and your mob resets
    Mobs don't reset when you stealth though, at least not immediately.

Guardian.
    I can't really find anything interesting about that profession. ;>
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Guardian.
    I can't really find anything interesting about that profession. ;>
    It's a difficult profession to grasp for many. As when you are labeled with a support class, its quite difficult to find a direction with it :/ and guardian has a lot going on.

/shocked at the engineer hate.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's a difficult profession to grasp for many. As when you are labeled with a support class, its quite difficult to find a direction with it :/ and guardian has a lot going on.

/shocked at the engineer hate.
    Exactly. You're not stuck to support though! Click my sig for a pure offensive build I put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Exactly. You're not stuck to support though! Click my sig for a pure offensive build I put together.
    Im aware its not a pure support, I meant because of its support options its directions are endless and complicated
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.