Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    Come on my minions!!!...rise against Activision!!!!!

really?

What if I have no issues with Activision and Blizzard?
    the only issue is kalgan and people need to realize it. i need to brainwash the masses to get that idiot tossed out asap!

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    an innovation light money maker that's heading the way of f2p with microtransactions and a RMAH
    The Developers have already explained that a RMAH doesn't work with how Wow is structured.
    the only issue is kalgan and people need to realize it. i need to brainwash the masses to get that idiot tossed out asap!
    ....Did I go back in time to Burning Crusade or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    ....Did I go back in time to Burning Crusade or something?
    even if he dropped out of the spotlight he is still the only issue that needs to be dealt with. ever since TBC and his stupid arena everything has been sent down a bad path. get that failtard out of there now!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    the board of directors calls the shots and was announced name by name in the original press release. this isn't debatable.[COLOR="red"]
    Blizzard is an autonomous company. They still publish their own games, which is why they are copyrighted to Blizzard and bear no Activision-Blizzard logos. Activision Blizzard has as much control over what Blizzard does and how they develop as Vivendi Games did before the merger.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...th-activision/
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...please/#post23

Activision|Blizzard is the publisher and holding company of both Activision and Blizzard Entertainment. There is a reason why Blizzard was kept as its own company/subsidary and all the other Vivendi game Studios were rolled into Activsion, Disbanded, or Sold off. Most major companies answer to a Board of Directors, but that doesn't mean that the board of directors has direct control. The board of Activision|Blizzard doesn't just say "Assuming Direct Control" and take over the development of WoW, Titan, SC, and D3 until they feel like giving it back to Blizzard Entertainment.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/04/12/ac...s-not-blizzard
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/04/12/ac...izzard-part-2/

You can bandy the press release around all you want but it isn't the holy grail of truth about the merger nor does it even come close to stating the complete picture. Besides if Activision|Blizzard has direct control over Blizzard development then Mike Morhaine wouldn't be at the Quarterly reports. His superior on the board would be there to tell everything.

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 02:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I really don't understand how people can think Kotick is a completely unstoppable force within the company because he's CEO of Activision-Blizzard and scoff at the notion of Jean-Bernard Levy, CEO of Vivendi SA (which owns Activision-Blizzard) and chairman of the board of Activision-Blizzard being in charge.
    Indeed. It is even more boggling because the CEO answers to the Chairmen of the Board of Directors. However Bobby Kotick has used his weight to get things done. For example he pretty much forced Sony into lowering the price of the PS3 or risk having no Activision games released for it. He also does a lot of good for ruthless business reputation.

But in the end he answers to the Chairmen.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

For example he pretty much forced Sony into lowering the price of the PS3 or risk having no Activision games released for it. He also does a lot of good for ruthless business reputation.
    ...Wow, never knew that.

Guess some things get lost in the public demonization.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    ...Wow, never knew that.

Guess some things get lost in the public demonization.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_...ision_Blizzard talks a little about some of the stuff he has done. I'd link to the Sony story but apparently you can't read the original London Times article without a subscription.

A little google searching sheds a little more light about it "Sony should beware — Activision chief is not simply playing games". While his motives were to make money for Activision because he thought that a higher priced console would lead to less games being purchased by owners. It still is a Win. Though a higher priced console might have lead to lower priced games.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-03-19 at 07:51 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

My Opinion.

Activision and Blizzard both can be better about addressing concerns and releasing information.

However All COD games and WoW have been successful. So Nothing wrong in either of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Fact-less O.o Pretty sure if you picked up MW2 and MW3 that it really is just a map pack in a different game for MW2... I'm not going to explain again because it would be painful.

If only you knew how greedy they are and what will eventually happen.
    I could careless, i love the MW series matter of fact the CoD series.. I will continues to buy every new one. *FPS on a hold have reached that point*where*its really hard to innovate. As for CoD series if there*stray*too much from the normal that fans expect for them the game is going to feel whack. *Heck not even BF3 was impressive to me, its just BF2 with a new game engine and minor tweaks.

Have anyone learn from apple? *See, if you have a hot selling product just make tiny incremental upgrades every release you don't have to try to re-invent the wheel all the time..

Also the main reason i think blizz choose to merge with*Activision*is because of the global reach*Activision*could provide to blizz, without blizz handling that side of the business themselves.. IF Activision start to tank, then blizz can split off and just go there way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly ready to start an entire thing to somehow stop this but here is a huge problem... Money talks.
    You can't blame the game company if "bad" games sells more than "good" games. Blame their customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole remaking a game every year thing has been around for a very long time.

EA is an odd monster. I loved them when they just stuck to sports games. Now I am not really a fan. I no longer play their sports games and see their logo as a red flag.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    However All COD games and WoW have been successful. So Nothing wrong in either of the games.
    Well, Justin Bieber has been successful too, and I wouldn't say there's nothing to improve on his music.

I'm not saying that money shouldn't be the primary goal for a game company. The problem is that people think that "just don't buy it" or "some people like it, screw you!" are good arguments to defend bad games. I'd say that more than 99% of the players over the globe don't know basics of game design and would buy bad games because they don't know it could be better (WoW is a perfect example). Rather than crucification, we should discuss those things and maybe the players (including me) will improve their criterias to decide which games are good and which ones are bad.

I don't mind if you like or do not like CoD, but please, don't kill the discussion with the "just don't buy it" thing.

It's a rather widespread issue. The general quality and passion developers once had towards creating a game for a solid fanbase has been replaced with the desire to get as much money as possible and to appeal to as broad an audience as they are able to. I really hope gaming returns to being a niche, since I've witnessed many great developers and franchises shift from pumping out quality games to milking cash cows for all they can.

There seems to be a common trend where long-term fans of a franchise are being alienated in favour of appealing purely to the newcomers.
    Last edited by YoghurtSpoonDuckCeiling; 2012-03-19 at 03:43 PM.