Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm completely unclear on how this reflects on the charity in any way at all. Can someone elucidate?
    What do you mean? If you walk into a business and there is a guy behind the counter beating off while on what would appear to be an array of drugs it reflects badly on that business. So....if here is the co-founder running around the streets beating off then that reflects badly on the charity?

Quote Originally Posted by g3o21 View Post
    Hmm seems they removed the comments from the original Kony video.
    Wow, they did. Deleted all comments and closed them. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I knew that this whole thing was propaganda but this is just hilarious. Whats a better way to prove propaganda than this?
    This whole kony 2012 thing may be gettting out of hand, there isn't much propaganda as far as kony is concerned. The dude was indicted for war crimes by the International Criminal Court in The Hague. You don't*get there by being misunderstood.

Being in the UK, there was a giant 2 page spread in the newspaper about Kony and his crimes and the wave of people attempting to stop this happening. 2 days after this, there was a small article that barely made 2 paragraphs claiming that Kony has not been in power for X amount of years and that a large proportion of children had been reunited with their families and that this whole movement was fairly late to the cause, this article and the related videos made me laugh.

Disregarding the fact that it was The Sun (A newspaper almost entirely dedicated to OMG CELEBRITIES!!), I doubt many people noticed and continued giving their money to this worthy cause...

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha. that video of him, haha. Made my day seeing George Clooeny getting arrested and released, and still being comical about it, but this just tops that. *Goes to Kony 2012 video to read comments* qq, comments have been disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Haha. that video of him, haha. Made my day seeing George Clooeny getting arrested and released, and still being comical about it, but this just tops that. *Goes to Kony 2012 video to read comments* qq, comments have been disabled.
    They removed the comments from all their videos. *how odd*.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post

Apparently he was running the streets in his underwear, masturbating and screaming!
    what, no video? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    what, no video? :P
    There is a video, and you can leave comments. Pretty cool dude huh.

15+ Year Old Account
    @video, just what they like in prison...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I read this article earlier yesterday and kinda giggled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha I love how CNN just tries to play this off as normal shit "he is just a normal guy". Love how the chick has that look on her face like she just smelled a fart or something when she is talking about him suffering from malnutrition. I'm sure the hospital will have him on Valium for a long time. Just shows you what happens when people serve a hidden agenda of the elites and evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    This whole kony 2012 thing may be gettting out of hand, there isn't much propaganda as far as kony is concerned. The dude was indicted for war crimes by the International Criminal Court in The Hague. You don't*get there by being misunderstood.
    Well yeah he isnt a good guy by any means. But there are thousands of people like him the world, he hasn't done anything others arent.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Well yeah he isnt a good guy by any means. But there are thousands of people like him the world, he hasn't done anything others arent.
    Don't know about you but I'd still want a thief locked up regardless of how many other thieves existed, and what he's done is worse than theft.
    Invisible Children is not the right answer to the problem, but that doesn't mean that there is no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I love how the media is running with "Its just the exhaustion...and a bit of malnutrion!" storyline
    I think that's just the political correct way of saying he used drugs. Doctors say the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm completely unclear on how this reflects on the charity in any way at all. Can someone elucidate?
    Somebody got a thesaurus from special occasion of their life. I shall try and elucidate for you since it's clear you don't want to come to conclusions on your own. The "charity" is bringing to light a discrepancy. What does it say about a "charity" formed by somebody from such a sad mental state? Since you can't elucidate items on your own, it shows a sad state, the person can't function on their own without outside help to act normally. It reflects the "charity" directly because this guy can't help himself, what makes him so special if he can't help himself, he's safe enough to help others?

There he is.

Spanking his monkey on the side of the street.

If I was driving past, I would have picked him up.

Theres nothing to bring out the worst in people like gloating over anothers misfortune. Whatever caused the event self-inflicted or not, I don't get why people are always so smug and deeply unpleasant about stuff like this.

Looks like Kony...Got a Bony

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Theres nothing to bring out the worst in people like gloating over anothers misfortune. Whatever caused the event self-inflicted or not, I don't get why people are always so smug and deeply unpleasant about stuff like this.
    Ohh hes a Victim is he.. Been under presure has he

In my opinion hes nothing but a Narcissistic attention seeker looking for more attention.

I know a few emergency workers (paramedics, cops etc) who have seen lots of bad things.
    But you dont see them rushing out on the street naked

The same as rock & pop stars, Famous Sports people..

They are under constant fame stress, yet most dont do stupid things like this..

Let All accept a victim mentality then. For all off Society's woes that are caused upon us.
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2012-03-17 at 11:37 PM.