Deleted

Directx 10.1, where can I download it?

Hey, mmoc peeps!

I have spent the last 5 hours trying to work out why my battlefield 3 is not working, and I believe this could be the reason, I have directx 10 not 10.1 (I can't get 11 due to my computer being crap and not letting my download vista service pack 2). I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to find a damn directx 10.1 download that isn't on some dodgy site. Could someone please help me, is it possible to get from the actual microsoft site, if so could you write a really short step by step to help me (yes I'm a noob). Any help would be incredibely appreciated!

Just spent about 10 minutes lookin for ya man, not having much luck either though. I think the issue is that most applications auto-install it anymore, but it's auto-installing DX11, and the only web based downloads I'm finding is for DX9

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Deleted
    thanks a lot for trying , it is just really frustrating when you have spent months wanting to play conquest 64, with so many setbacks along the way then finally I get my damn card, install the game and get an error. It is just like FML, at least I get to play rift in highest graphics now though =o.

Deleted
    10.1 is included with Windows Vista SP1. But its extremely likely BF3 was built with DX11 in mind -and requires several of the non-GPU features it contains.

As far as I recall, BF3 has Vista SP2 explicitly stated as a minimum requirement.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2012-03-17 at 12:02 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If the game utilizes DirectX10 then you should be prompted to install the modified DirectX10.1 library that the game utilizes. What that means is - reinstall the game.

Deleted
    I believe it is playable on 10.1, the requirements on origin say vista sp1 which only goes up to 10.1, also are you sure? becuase I have sp1 and I don't have 10.1

Deleted
    Oh, in that case can anyone tell me what happens if you go over your download limit with talk talk? >.>

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    I believe it is playable on 10.1, the requirements on origin say vista sp1 which only goes up to 10.1, also are you sure? becuase I have sp1 and I don't have 10.1
    Start Menu > Run > Dxdiag that will tell you specifically which version of directx is on the PC. As for how to get directx10 its a vista update, quite possibly listed under optional updates.

Deleted
    Actually something I just remembered, I downloaded the game with my 7 year old graphics card in the computer, which or course could not run directx 10.1, which would make sence as to why it didn't download it as an extra whilst downloading the game. Does that sound about right? If so should I just reinstall the game?