View Poll Results: Which one would you lose?

Voters
218. This poll is closed
  • Eyes

8 3.67%
  • Legs

207 94.95%
  • Arms

3 1.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legs, not that I'd like to lose em but my arms and eyes are far more important for me.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    put a blindfold on and experience it..? =/
    Being able to be blind anytime I want to is not the same experience as not having any choice but to be blind...

I'd have to say legs, though the physical therapy if one ever did get any kind of prosthetic would be long and painful regardless, at least you would be able to see.

Losing my legs would suck majorly, but not even close to as majorly as losing my eyes or hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna have to jump on the legs bandwagon

I think it would be fun to ride around in a scooter all day making the backing "beep" sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would gladly lose my legs, got enough trouble with them already. Also, robotic Prosthesis ftw!

I choose option 4, life

10+ Year Old Account
    Legs as well for me ... I just had 4 eye surgeries done over the last several years so I definitely wanna keep my eyes ... and I would prefer having my arms to eat, play games, etc. - though I have seen shows and read at least one book/news article about people who have to use their feet to do everything they'd normally do if they had arms/hands O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather die.....

For the sake of the topic though, in the unrealistic case that I wouldn't kill myself, I would choose legs. Could get some sort of replacement for it I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legs are easy to do without or replace.

Arms and eyes not so much.

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Legs for sure, wheelchairs really aren't that bad compared to blindness or not being to manipulate objects.

Besides, proper "bionic" legs will come way before eyes or arms with nice functional hands.
    Actually, robotic arms that interface with the brain aren't as far away as you might think. I saw a 60 minutes episode (I think it was 60 minutes) about amputees getting robotic arms and while they aren't perfect yet, they are getting VERY close to an arm that you can move with your mind, like a normal arm. Unfortunately, it isn't marketable yet, but it is getting close.

And even though that isn't here yet, they do have arms that can be controlled by feet with special insoles placed under the amputee's toes. They showed one man who lost both his arms at 18 use them to pick up a grape, without crushing it, for the first time in decades.
    Putin khuliyo