Page 1 of 2
LastLast

1st horde toon on new server, how to build up some gold?

I made a horde toon on a new server. He's 85 now (warrior). He's only got about 2k gold and Ive been buying enchants and gems for new gear that I got from DS. So I'm pretty broke. He has level 375 mining and 174 herbing. I've been planning to start leveling JCing soon with the ore that I've been farming but without selling any ore funds are tight. And tbh I'm kinda sick of mining.

so I'm wondering if you could give me any ideas about really good farming spots for stuff to sell on AH or some good gold making ideas otherwise (besides mining, and that aren't profession based)? I need to build up some gold so that I can enchant and gem new gear and fund my JC leveling for items that I haven't been able to get through mining.

Clear old raids

Practice your dps rotation while moving as you slay wind elementals in uldum near orsis. I typically averaged between 50 to 65 airs per hour. It's not the best source of income, but I like working on my dps while making gold instead of sitting at a training dummy. You can also use a potion of treasure finding for some increased drops.

make 5k in any way you see fit, then play the AH. farming's for chumps
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Doing dailies would help a ton since your already 85. As rich suggested, if your capable of soloing some of the "tougher" old raids, you could make quite a lot of gold from them too (even MC is worth about 500gold when you sell all the drops too).

farm some raids or dungeons for cloth its usualy fairly expensive on most realms, also azeroth ore and herbs sell for 25-50g a stack on my realm there is plenty of it in any area and close to no competition.

1 pass in wintergrasp for example nets me around 160 thorium ore(+ gems) in one pass each pass is around 10 minutes, prices can vary so check the AH on your realm.

My main source of income is from clearing old raids, and playing the ah. Though the toon I solo raids on is an enchanter. I usually do TBC raids as mongoose enchants and mats still very well, even better now that reforging is around.

Find guildie, pref a healer orsomeone that can tank ina way
    Attune to bwl
    2man bwl
    make near 900g+ after sold usually just from boss's
    Ingots drop, another 200g+ per usually, can get 5+ ina run
    profit

10+ Year Old Account
    steal from other players

Deleted
    Do a bit of arbitrage.

Buy gold....its the fastest way

Look at Potion of Treasure Finding (for Tiny Treasure Chests), it will give you some good AE farming spots. The best imo is Deepholm Trog packs on the west side. After 1 hour of farming on my server I usually net about 4-5K+. Don't ever vendor the greens put them in the AH for 25g, weapons 75g. I usually get about 120 bolts of Embersilk (25g each on my server) about 30 chests, 20 greens and other random junk.

Deleted
    I would make it a priority to max a profession, and I recommend Enchanting.

2k Gold isn't much, the profession alone can cost 10k gold to max, if you want to do it within 1 or 2 hours from the AH. The brainless professions (mining, skinning) can help you make your first gold, but as soon as you have Enchanting maxed, never touch farming again.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-03-01 at 03:29 AM.

You need to access what your time is worth and decide from there how you want to make your gold from there. Like you, I used to struggle to keep up pots,food, flasks, enchants, etc on my warrior and it was a pain in the arse to keep up with it. If your into the life sucking method of farming and running dailies then kudos to you. If you want to know what I did, then read ahead.

First off drop herbalism and pick up JC. Mining will help to supply your leveling up JC just fine and with a little bit of time you will max it out. DO NOT DROP MINING AFTER HITTING 525 ON JC ! Keep mining around for some farming of ore while you build up a healthy amount of gold as your initial capital. Pick up the red gem patterns and start looking for uncut infernos that are cheaper then cuts or just prospect ore that you farm. With any uncut Infernos, cut them into Bold, Brilliant, and Delicate to sell on the AH. Id recommend going with Brilliant at the start since more classes/specs use Brilliant then Bold or Delicate. I cannot keep Brilliants on the AH for more then an hour so they will be a big money maker for you in the beginning. Once your income has hit about 5 - 10k then feel free to drop Mining all together.

Pick up enchanting and grind that puppy up to 525 anyway you can whether through your own JC cuts or from farming old raids. Once your Enchant is max level, then begin the Ore Shuffle ( google it ). You will also need to become acquainted with TradeSkillMaster and The Undermine Journal if you want to take your gold making income to a whole other level which I would recommend. The Ore Shuffle is time consuming but the returns are wonderful when you start opening your mailbox to retrieve 2,3, hell 10k worth of gold from your sales.

Check your server prices for Cloth
    Ive recently been leveling on a new server and ive decided to go with tailoring.

Ive had enchanting and skinning from the start and dropped skinning for tailoring
    I'm lvl 72 have 2.5k gold without real questing in outland or wotlk

Leveling enchanting costed me over 1.5k so far and ive made a huge mistake there, i could have had my 280% flying allready
    I've decided to farm some (not all) of the cloth i needed to level tailoring up.

Linen Cloth - Sentinel hill - westfall
    Wool Cloth - Wetlands/hillsbrand
    Silk - Around Uldaman
    mageweave - tanaris
    Runecloth - Silithus

Some other options are;
    1) Ramps norm/hc -> get ez thro dynamite, when you look up @ entrance you see a ledge and a patrol, hit that patrol and hit it with dynamite
    2) Check wowhead for limited supply recipes etc around the world. Ive been making quite some gold with this
    All over Azeroth and Outland you find vendors selling stuff that can be usefull, im abit too carefull and never buy alot of them but im pretty sure if i be more active they would be still proffitable. The same counts for pets and cooking recipes. Just make sure those Recipes are not buyable in Org
    3) Get your Outland dungeon hero. Looting all the mobs when you do so will net you ALOT of gold and make sure to write down what stuff sells and keep selling those
    4) get your proffs to 525 without selling anything. Now farm for 3 days in the time you arent doing anything (farm anything! maybe while leveling arch)
    5) drop both proffs and use mats to level alch+JC or! lvl JC and Ench. Alch makes gems for JC and Ench can dis the JC stuff.
    If you gain alot of honor/jp i would go with Ench and get yourself 700 point ranged stuff and dis them
    GL!

mining is the best friend

10+ Year Old Account
    Sell cheap vendor items for profit on the AH. Go to http://stormspire.net and follow their vendor sales guides. It's a good way to build some income.

If you feel like farming, farm some rare pets to sell. Or quest in cata zones

Mining+herbing and sell the low level materials. They often sell for quite a buck.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gather profession, grind mining 1-525 WHATEVER you get put on AH and then pick up JC simply buy ore or farm it and prospect and cut rubys and such to your liking then once you get the hang of your server's gem needs it's probably one of the best and easiest ways I make gold.