Poll: Do you feel smarter than the average person?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No i dont think so.*

Average is subjective.

People throw out terms like average and subpar without really understanding them.

Also how do you define intelligence?

Intelligence is also very subjective.

For example, the military scientist above may struggle to survive if his car punctured the sump in the australian outback, while the aborigines know to turn it on it's side, plug the sump with spinifex and carry on.

Wow 84% of the people are above average? that is so interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Average is subjective.

People throw out terms like average and subpar without really understanding them.

For example, the military scientist above may struggle to survive if his car punctured the sump in the australian outback, while the aborigines know to turn it on it's side, plug the sump with spinifex and carry on.
    It's not so much about how intelligence is defined, but rather, if the people themselves think that they are intelligent. Less actual quantifiable number, more psychology.

Deleted
    I could be much smarter than the average if I wanted to. But I am just to lazy to think.

10+ Year Old Account
    After you read mmo champion a couple of times, you'll know that you're smarter than the average joe.

Smarter is awfully vague. I'd say I'm above average when it comes to things like memorization, book smarts etc. But if I see someone playing a violin with great skill they could be dumb as rocks when it comes to statistics and anatomy but I'd still consider them to be brilliant in their own way.

people always claim they're smart till they've been around me for a while and i always end up being deemed the smart one of the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    Lol, ya I wasn't really surprised by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Smarter is awfully vague. I'd say I'm above average when it comes to things like memorization, book smarts etc. But if I see someone playing a violin with great skill they could be dumb as rocks when it comes to statistics and anatomy but I'd still consider them to be brilliant in their own way.
    like many you confuse ability with intelligence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    Average is subjective.

See my thread on survival

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...you-a-survivor

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Lol, ya I wasn't really surprised by that.
    tbh the kids on here are probably 80% smarter than the average kids... think of all those cool kids that would never be on mmo -

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    I heard everyone on Earth has voted on this thread's poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I was not, but I am. No genius, but definitely smarter than most.

I think simply being able to use a computer and post on forums makes you smarter than at least 30% of people. As sad as that is.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    In my first post to this thread.

ALSO: This poll may be skewed. I know this may be apparent to some; however, to others it may not be. Who goes to MMO-C? It is usually the "nerds," or whatever... "Nerds" are more likely to visit this site and are more likely to be "Above Average" in intellect.

Statistically, no more than 50% of people can be above average.
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2012-03-17 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yup, I know for a fact that I am. I pick up my Doctorate in Biology this September and I have a very successful career as a Military Scientist. The average person can not top that.

Damn, that makes me sound so big headed.
    Or maybe they CAN, but are too lazy to do so =P

Ha, me are wai smartest then your! Non wai aruont taht!

The same gender and age as me? Oh yes, have you ever seen the average teenage girl? 'Nuff said, eh?

Deleted
    I love this question! Everyone will say "yes, of course", when you say it bluntly everyone is going to think you're arrogant, and every single quote of someone with a semi-critical reply is going to be met with an overly defensive reaction from that OP.

In my group of relatives I feel like I'm average, but looking at my education, what my interests are and how quickly I can deduce things, I'd say I'm on the "smarter" and of the spectrum. At least globally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post
    people always claim they're smart till they've been around me for a while and i always end up being deemed the smart one of the group.
    A play group?
    I like sandwiches