Help with Warlord Zonn' Ozz

Hihi
    We survived until berserker and one more question popped into my head.
    How do we act on the 3rd phase (7-7-7) or 4th (7-5-5-5)? Do we kill any adds or should we solely focus on killing Zonn'Ozz?
    Also my friend told me his damage boost stacks (Focused Anger) doesn't completely reset every black phase. Is that true? (TBH it doesn't seem so)
    I'm a tank DK and my last question is: besides Psychic Scream all the damage he deals is physical? If, so I think I could use VP trinket here with 2250 dodge on top of my DRW.

if your raid have dmg 7-7-7(5)-ignore everything zerg boss(still tank the tentacle) or 7555boss
    and for those trinket i think useing them seperate covering longer time will be better

We do 5-5-5-5 and ignore all the adds in the 4th black phase. Just straight burn the boss. Also your friend is wrong.

In 10m alt runs we just leave the adds in the last phase and focus the ~20% with heroism. And yes his damage is as you said mostly physical. I always stand in the explosion of the orb though as well - I am never in danger of dieing anyways and having one person more to share the damage seemed to help.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-03-18 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    In 25man our guild go's 9,7,7 and in the 3rd black phase kill only flails, pop hero and nuke boss.

Lust, pots, ignore adds and chain raid CD's, nuke boss. A healer or two can DPS too with lust and raid CD's up.

If you're going for a burn on the very last set, it's recommended that you at least kill the 2 flails. On 10 they only have 700k or so each. Healing 8 stacks requires raid CDs to live through; healing 6 is much easier to do.

My 10 man goes 7-7-7 and burn with no problems. And we run 3 healers.

we run 7-5-7-x and just burn, no need to kill flails, atleast for us. We could prolly go even high or lower, but this just seems to work and cba wiping on doing new stuff just to make it a tiny tad faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuqup View Post
    If you're going for a burn on the very last set, it's recommended that you at least kill the 2 flails. On 10 they only have 700k or so each. Healing 8 stacks requires raid CDs to live through; healing 6 is much easier to do.
    Yea but you have heroism for that + pots if needed and it goes by really quickly. Personally don't see the need but whatever works I guess.

We run with 7-5-5-3 with no adds being killed on the final stack. And in response to someone who said you need raid CDs without killing any adds, as a healer I find that the raid damage isn't even that high. With two other healers beside me pulling their weight we could probably manage it without and CDs.

Hmm we did 9-7-7-whatever it was right before enrage and tunneled him the last black phae. Having more stacks on the first set gives you a better bonus overall for the whole fight, so if you are having dps issues, try that. I said "did" because now its 9-7-7-dies shortly after phase starts.

15+ Year Old Account
    we do 6 or 7 bounces on every set, then on the last set ignore the adds and stand on the boss nuking him. Seems to work decently for us.

What about putting Resolve of Undying (880 dodge) and VP trinket with mastery (another dodge CD) instead of both stamina ones? This could work nice, but it could be bad. I'm afraid of trying it without asking. I think I already lack some stamina for this fight. This dude can hit hard.

Deleted
    We go 10 man with 3 healers and do it 9-7-7 and burn ignoring all adds. We lust as soon as everyone is stacked and last time he dropped over with 15 secs of lust remaining. 8th one is taken with aura mastery and last ones are always taken solo by shadow priest or a mage. Also smite healing is so good in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by entrust View Post
    What about putting Resolve of Undying (880 dodge) and VP trinket with mastery (another dodge CD) instead of both stamina ones? This could work nice, but it could be bad. I'm afraid of trying it without asking. I think I already lack some stamina for this fight. This dude can hit hard.
    Well, it depends. Start off by making sure your healers can clearly see the CD on his scream. The only thing that can kill a tank on this fight is a full melee swing followed by scream, so they need to bake sure you're topped off right before it lands. You can help them out by saving up runes for 2 DS and a tap right before the scream, in case you're not topped off.
    Last edited by mmoc485edc1e5f; 2012-03-19 at 04:36 AM.

In my guild we go 9-7-7, kill flails at third black phase and some eyes, leave one Claw up and zerg boss down while making sure the orb does not venture to the wall.
    25-man this is

i assume this is rioc version and not normal since thier no adds in 10 man normal?