the alien series reboot hasa begun! Prometheus to be directed by Ridley Scott!

Note the music is the same as in the original alien movie trailer...

releases June 8, 2012

Directed by Ridley Scott

Produced by:
    Ridley Scott
    David Giler
    Walter Hill

Written by Jon Spaihts and Damon Lindelof

Starring:
    Noomi Rapace
    Michael Fassbender
    Guy Pearce
    Idris Elba
    Logan Marshall-Green
    Charlize Theron

Music by Marc Streitenfeld

I AM SO DAMN EXITED!

slight spoiler alert: The main enemies will not be the Xenomorphs. they will be the space jockey's a race of alien scientists who made the xenomorphes as a biological weapon to use against their sworn enemies. The predator race...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sqweee!!
    I am such an Alien(s) fan, I cannot wait.

How do you know "their sworn enemies. The predator race..."
    I did not get that from the trailer, nor anything I have read about it, which is not much.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Sqweee!!
    I am such an Alien(s) fan, I cannot wait.

How do you know "their sworn enemies. The predator race..."
    I did not get that from the trailer, nor anything I have read about it, which is not much.
    its in the comics. (but the fact they are enemies is pretty much the only thing mentioned on the subject)

Deleted
    I've always wondered about the dead space jockey and the mystery the first film leaves around it.

This shall be quite exciting.

pause at 1:37

The light is shining on an alien-esq creature/picture/thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a prequel not a reboot. Just saying.

Deleted
    Looking forward to seeing this I hope they don't screw the series up though.

Deleted

Deleted
    omg im actually really surprised, this looks epic, been waiting for a kick-ass sc-fi film.

anyone know if its part of a trilogy or something?

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

Saw the first trailer for this at the theater before they gave any indication of what it might be about...about the only thing I could make of it was that the CGI look REALLY good on the big screen. Yeah, @1:37 that character is David...a droid (like Bishop in Aliens) messing with a pod/egg.

@OP: I highly doubt the xenomorphs wont play a decent roll in the movie. SPOILER PART: I'd be willing to bet that Prometheus [movie] leaves off/ends with the Nostromo responding to the distress beacon of that alien spacecraft the trailer shows escaping the planet to head for Earth. Xenomorphs are a catalyst for all that to happen.

I'm kind of tired of movies where all the aliens want to do is attack us. I'm not saying that they are all bad but why do they always need to make the aliens act like savage animals instead of a race that is really more advanced than us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing they don't exist as of there is no proof of them as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I'm kind of tired of movies where all the aliens want to do is attack us. I'm not saying that they are all bad but why do they always need to make the aliens act like savage animals instead of a race that is really more advanced than us?
    I agree, it would be nice. *However, it's unlikely to happen. *They want to portray humans as the saviors of all things. *When in reality when we start really exploring the galaxy, you can bet your ass humans will be the aggressors should we encounter alien life. *It's in our history to attack that which we do not understand. *It's a response to fear. *What could be more frightening than encountering a race which you know nothing about, nor how to communicate with.

OT: REALLY looking forward to this movie. *IMO, as long as the writing and acting are good, any series can go on and on and on, I'd never get tired of them. *Unlike the Resident Evil movies... the latest one was just brutally destroyed by filming it in 3D with a director who wanted to emphasize every single little thing with slow motion. *And to think... they are making yet another Resident Evil movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is already a discussion thread for that here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/930280