Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Finally Frostbitten!

For ages now, I've been sitting on this last kill - Vyragosa. I've seen her corpse ONCE in all these years (never seen TLPD), Storm Peaks on my server is almost always being camped. I topped off Bloody Rare with that damn mob who pats near the guards a week ago, and just now I finally got Vyragosa. Forgive me, but I'm elated and I had to share; I'm now at a respectable 11245 achievement points. Sure it's not a lot compared to most hardcore Achievers, but hell I'm pretty proud!

What are your stories about Frostbitten, or Bloody Rare? Any unexpected finds or kills? Have you found TLPD fifteen times before getting that last rare? Have you witnessed that stupid mob in Terokkar get killed by mobs?

Vyragosa was no problem for me. Sat and camped Time-lost. Killed 23 of those bastards

Im funniest story was Loque'nahak(a well camped hunter tamable)

I had 2 left from my Frostbitten achievement and it was Loque'nahak and Icehorn

While spending 3 hours in Basin. I mananged to spot him on the top most spawn point.
    Flew straight at him and popped a killing spree.
    I looked into the air after killing him and saw 9 hunters all in the air watching me :P

I grabbed my Kill and was on my way to camp Icehorn to finish off Frostbitten and next thing i know i start getting spammed with Vulgar messages from the Horde(I was Alliance) Hunter's that created level 1s. And Ally alliance hunters QQ'ing me that they have been camping it for 1 hour and i should have let a hunter tame it and not kill it.

I was laughing the whole time becoz of non-Rare campers telling me that im wrong for the Tag.

Good times <3

//Tagged and Killed 5 hours after Loque'nahak :P

Deleted
    I started Frostbitten in cata since i was bored, got all rares within 3 days. Although i got like half of the rares in few hours on first day, all others took some time. And same goes for Bloody Rare.

Few months after Bloody Rare achievement i saw a rare got killed by mobs in Netherstorm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suspectum View Post
    I started Frostbitten in cata since i was bored, got all rares within 3 days. Although i got like half of the rares in few hours on first day, all others took some time. And same goes for Bloody Rare.

Few months after Bloody Rare achievement i saw a rare got killed by mobs in Netherstorm.
    Lucky guy haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oddly enough, Vyragosa was my first rare kill in Northrend while leveling lol I was questing with a buddy and we saw a rare dragon flying around, so we followed it not really knowing what it was and killed it. We didn't think anything of it until we heard the TLPD existed.

Deleted
    I traveled at night, and got Frostbitten and bloody rare within 1 night

Vyragosa is the only rare I managed to get...........

Had to track down that bastard Vyragosa twice. First time didn't count, possibly having something to do with being in a raid. She is hard to find these days since the TLPD campers usually kill her within seconds of the spawn. My hardest was actually King Krush. Not hard to see why, its a 30 foot tall lime green dinosaur. He practically glows in the dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aotona was the hardest one for me. I was circling Sholazar Basin for about 4 weeks whenever I had the time to do that. I finally found her when I had taken a break from camping and had done a Wintergrasp battle. On my way back when I wanted to pick up my circling again, I finally found her. It was on a Horde-dominated pvp server with me being Alliance, and I was so nervous that some silly Horde would kill me. I'm a healer and couldn't have done much about it, and they'd have stolen the mob from me. So I threw my elementals, popped Heroism and hoped that I'd be faster at the killing the mob than anyone would be at killing me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still farming for both of these achievements, but a couple things to note....

Yes I have seen that ridiculous Terrokar Rare being killed by guards (fortunately I got him recently too), and it was very frustrating. In Northrend, without really farming so much as flying around known spawn locations whenever I'm in a particular zone (I recently transferred Horde, so I had to redo the Argent Tournament, and figured this was a good opportunity for Frostbitten).

I have Vyragosa left, which I'm saving that one for a Dalaran-Book-Like-Achievement day of camping, and then Loque/King Krush, who are still moderately farmed in Sholazar, and then freaking (you'll laugh) Putridus... I guess when he spawns (I don't use the addon), everyone in Northrend's NPCScan goes off at once, so people flock to kill him just for s' and g's, so I'm always JUST too late getting to him.

On a similar note, the pet rare spawn (Jadefang) in Deepholm finally met the end by my kitty paw the other day, after realizing, well derp, I bet if I hold the bomb quest until a day when the bomb daily is not around, no one will be farming it. Sure enough 3 day's into my genius plan, and he was dead.

I have both Frostbitten and Bloody Rare. The hardest one for Frostbitten was King Krush. I saw that corpse at least 10 times. I finally managed to kill him at like 3am about two weeks after killing the first to last one on my list.
    Bloody Rare went about the same. I spent about a week just camping The Crippler. That punk never wanted to spawn. I haven't seen him sense, and I farm the Raven Lord on 3 alts. <_<
    I saw TLPD once, but I was camping him. This was after finishing FB and BR. 18hours of camping and he spawned on top of me.
    Last edited by Zeerus; 2012-03-21 at 06:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeerus View Post
    Bloody Rare went about the same. I spent about a week just camping The Crippler. That punk never wanted to spawn. I haven't seen him sense, and I farm the Raven Lord on 3 alts. <_<
    Ditto. The Crippler is what is keeping me from going on an all out farm-day for Bloody Rare, because I too have been farming for the Raven Lord (since BC, I might add). Once I find that sneaky, undead punk, Outlands is gonna get hit hard with the Hammergroen. I have never even seen him.

Deleted
    I was rly lucky with Frostbitten took my a week or so to get. Found vyragosa and Loque'nahak same day so the "hard" once was done. Had Dirkee and King krush left for 3 days.

Blood rare was pretty annoying had Vorakeem Doomspeaker left found him dead 2 times. After 3 weeks I decided to camp it and after 2½ hours he spawned =)

finally got this morn after missing putridus the last 2 days.

I had the same problem with Vyra for this one, so many people still camp for time lost on my server it took a while to finish. Putridus' range on Npcscan was cruel though, everytime he showed up I thought for sure that I was getting my achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Aotona was the hardest one for me. I was circling Sholazar Basin for about 4 weeks whenever I had the time to do that. I finally found her when I had taken a break from camping and had done a Wintergrasp battle. On my way back when I wanted to pick up my circling again, I finally found her. It was on a Horde-dominated pvp server with me being Alliance, and I was so nervous that some silly Horde would kill me. I'm a healer and couldn't have done much about it, and they'd have stolen the mob from me. So I threw my elementals, popped Heroism and hoped that I'd be faster at the killing the mob than anyone would be at killing me.
    This. Took me an eternity to get Aotona. Was my last rare to get for at least a month, kept thinking I had the worst luck in the world.

Deleted
    I have seen Vyragosa like.. 14 times. Still miss some rare thought myself. Gz for your ach

did it hurt?

lol just kidding
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grats on getting it, Vyragosa was the longest on my lock when I got it as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    did it hurt?

lol just kidding
    I lose two fingers and a nose, but it was all worth it.

I actually had flown to SP to do a round before I decided to make myself a sandwich. Parked myself near the Alliance hold north of Dalaran and went off. Came back, thought there was an Alliance hovering near me on an azure drake. Closer look revealed Vyragosa flying far away with her red text above her head. I hadn't heard my NPC Scan in the kitchen and she'd been up for an entire minute. Dropped my sandwich and tagged her just before the flurry of other campers waiting for TLPD.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2012-04-04 at 01:10 PM.