Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So is two handers more viable for the warrior at this momment, havent baught it yet but curious, couz i feel my soon to be norn will be a boss either way
    In what mode of gameplay and what do you mean by viable?

All weapons for for a warrior are "viable". They do exactly what is advertised. Ex. a hammer has control functions. Mace, defensive skills. Swords, movement skills. Blahblah.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-26 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    All warrior signets are very powerful. In PVE signets are generally much better than other skills. Only a few shouts/banners are as powerful. Once a Warrior reached about level & the 2nd tier of traits they become goddamn juggernauts.
    At least my shouts affect my allies. ^_^
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Pve aspect i was looking more at axes or swords just more my style, Well for straight killing is what i mean viable i hate ccing things when i see a warrior i think like vikings or the celts just run up smash. I guess like Khorne you know blood for the blood god skull's for the skull throne
    Last edited by Ravenshadows; 2012-08-26 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Forgot to add

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    Pve aspect i was looking more at axes or swords just more my style, Well for straight killing is what i mean viable i hate ccing things when i see a warrior i think like vikings or the celts just run up smash. I guess like Khorne you know blood for the blood god skull's for the skull throne

For dual-wielding:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arajal View Post
    1. Axe and Axe
    The double-axe setup is designed for high melee damage with limited chasing and finishing capability. This combo allows for high single-target bursts from Chop (main-hand axe) and Dual Strike (off-hand axe), as well as high damage to all enemies near the warrior from Cyclone Axe and Whirling Axe. If an enemy begins to flee, this combination allows for either a cripple through Throw Axe or a leap towards the target through the one-hand-axe adrenaline skill, Eviscerate (which doubles as a high-burst damage skill).

If you're keen on the "berserker" style of gameplay, with high damage potential at the cost of defense or utility, the dual-axe combo might be for you.
    For two-handers:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arajal View Post
    A. Greatsword
    The greatsword is centered around high single-target damage, mobility, and putting your opponent at a disadvantage. Greatsword Swing, Greatsword Slice, Brutal Strike, and Hundred Blades all deal large amounts of damage. The greatsword's adrenaline skill, Arcing Slice, not only deals a large amount of damage, but will also grant you stacks of the might boon, further increasing your damage. The mobility of the greatsword comes from both the Whirlwind Attack and Rush skills. Additionally, Greatsword Swing and Greatsword Slice apply stacks of vulnerability to your opponent, reducing their armor, and the fourth skill, Bladetrail, will throw your sword, crippling any enemies caught in its path.

If you enjoy high mobility while cutting down foes in your way, the greatsword might be your weapon of choice.

From: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ion-Playstyles

Thanks Arajal i could not find that thread did look before

10+ Year Old Account
    WAY more warriors running around than I anticipated. Seriously, almost an outnumbering amount. Almost 3 of them to every other class in most places.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    WAY more warriors running around than I anticipated. Seriously, almost an outnumbering amount. Almost 3 of them to every other class in most places.
    Most of them reroll or quit in next week. Landing this awesome 100b is hard and requires skill and correct spec, not something 99% of them will be able to do.

Deleted
    I have a question , i started warrior at launch playing 2h with mace all the time cause it looks so dam nice ( and frankly didn't find a better 2h sword / axe so) , So uhm ... With the trait points do you just focus on 1 or do you need to spread , cause i guess this is some sort of talent thingy to improve your performance , but i'm not 100% sure if i should just focus on 1 . So i'm pretty much playing 2h all the time and putted my points in to arms (7 points lvl 17) and it gives me better hit rating and condition i think , but the strenght ones gives alot of + **% in strenght wich also sounds pretty good so ... should i combine or better just stick to one?

It all depends on your play style and what role you want to perform in which environment. I feel that in the beginning it is better to stick to a single trait line and later on branch out since at level 80 you will have 70 trait points and it only take 30 to max out. I enjoy playing support/defensive warrior and for me 20 strength 20 Defense and 30 tactics works nicely. I would have liked to picked more Discipline but I just can't give up some of them trait bonuses without compromising the integrity of the build. I think what you should be asking yourself is which passive trait bonuses would you like and envision level 80 build rather than the immediate benefit from +x stat, in my opinion +x stat is the LEAST import bit of going into the trait line and what you should be looking at is the passive that you get every 5th point and trait that you can pick up on 10th since they can drastically change the mechanic of the skills that you have - for example 30 point into tactics allows you to pick up trait that makes all the shouts heal on top of their normal effect.

My warrior is currently lvl 18 and so far i found out that with a rifle is easier to kill enemies than to try take them down with a melee weapon and dying all the time.......
    Is a ranged warrior a valid playstyle??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    It all depends on your play style and what role you want to perform in which environment. I feel that in the beginning it is better to stick to a single trait line and later on branch out since at level 80 you will have 70 trait points and it only take 30 to max out. I enjoy playing support/defensive warrior and for me 20 strength 20 Defense and 30 tactics works nicely. I would have liked to picked more Discipline but I just can't give up some of them trait bonuses without compromising the integrity of the build. I think what you should be asking yourself is which passive trait bonuses would you like and envision level 80 build rather than the immediate benefit from +x stat, in my opinion +x stat is the LEAST import bit of going into the trait line and what you should be looking at is the passive that you get every 5th point and trait that you can pick up on 10th since they can drastically change the mechanic of the skills that you have - for example 30 point into tactics allows you to pick up trait that makes all the shouts heal on top of their normal effect.
    Except that between level 20 (when you get your first major trait) and level 40 (when you're able to get the second tier of the trait lines), you have 20 points that wouldn't go anywhere at all.

Until you hit level 80, you should just experiment. You can always spend gold to relearn your traits later.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    My warrior is currently lvl 18 and so far i found out that with a rifle is easier to kill enemies than to try take them down with a melee weapon and dying all the time.......
    Is a ranged warrior a valid playstyle??
    Yes. Especially if you find yourself up against enemies that could squish you in a heartbeat. In fact, just the other day, I was in Kessex hills in a fight against a level 26 champion mob as a level 17. Had to use my longbow to do damage; otherwise, I'd have been downed in an instant.

Additionally, the "stand in the back and do nothing but buff" (war horn) warrior playstyle is also valid.

Trying to work in a condition damage build, going sword/sword and rifle. The arms traits skills are amazingly hilarious. 40 precision for each unused signet? 90% passive crit? I think so

Tie that in with the 33% bleed chance on crits, and the rifle can stack a massive bleed fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Tie that in with the 33% bleed chance on crits, and the rifle can stack a massive bleed fast.
    My personal favorite for ridiculous bleed-stacking is using Frenzy on a sword-sword combo. The burst skill is just silly with the quickness buff running.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Except that between level 20 (when you get your first major trait) and level 40 (when you're able to get the second tier of the trait lines), you have 20 points that wouldn't go anywhere at all.

Until you hit level 80, you should just experiment. You can always spend gold to relearn your traits later.
    Yeah, totally slipped my mind.Though I feel that if you want to experiment just going to the heart of the mists is much easier plus completely free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    the adept, master, and grandmaster books reset your traits when you read them; which you will when you unlock a new line of traits
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Has anyone else noticed that 1h Axes hit for more than the 2h Greatsword, while still hitting twice as fast?

I've got an axe with ~230-300 damage that auto-attacks for quite a bit more than my Greatsword which is at ~250-320 damage. I don't have exact numbers at the moment, but something just seems off about that... I really want to use my greatsword for it's epic skillset and the way it looks, but I can't get over how powerful the Axes are!

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that 1h Axes hit for more than the 2h Greatsword, while still hitting twice as fast?

I've got an axe with ~230-300 damage that auto-attacks for quite a bit more than my Greatsword which is at ~250-320 damage. I don't have exact numbers at the moment, but something just seems off about that... I really want to use my greatsword for it's epic skillset and the way it looks, but I can't get over how powerful the Axes are!
    What axe has in power it lacks in utility. Plus it is wrong to look at it just based of a single ability look at the whole array of options. Compare all of the tool set, not just examples that favors the axe (in this case).

EDIT: Let's not forget your trait options and other modifiers that are present. Did you take a strength line that increases axe damage by 5% percent? Did you notice that ability 2 applies 4 stacks of vulnerability which increase the damage dealt. There are lots of variables and as I've mentioned you really can't judge on a single attack ability while ignoring everything else.
    Last edited by Jerom; 2012-08-29 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    What axe has in power it lacks in utility. Plus it is wrong to look at it just based of a single ability look at the whole array of options. Compare all of the tool set, not just examples that favors the axe (in this case).
    True, I love the greatsword's rush/throw abilities, and Hundred Blades is a beast in any situation. However, I kind of prefer Whirling Axes just because... you can move! If an enemy moves away during hundred blades, you just wasted a cooldown.

Plus, greatsword doooes cause invulnerability stacks, which is always good. I guess you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    True, I love the greatsword's rush/throw abilities, and Hundred Blades is a beast in any situation. However, I kind of prefer Whirling Axes just because... you can move! If an enemy moves away during hundred blades, you just wasted a cooldown.

Plus, greatsword doooes cause invulnerability stacks, which is always good. I guess you're right!
    I know, I am playing Dual Axes for Whirling Axes myself and not an hour passes by that I wish I could have War Horn swiftness boon. You really give up a ton's of gap closers to be able to do that and sadly in sPvP you are going to be kited like a clawless and toothless cub.