View Poll Results: Eventually, what would you like to see?

Voters
1252. This poll is closed
  • The alpha male and female worgen customizations brought back as options.

632 50.48%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more male customizations.

147 11.74%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more female customization.

282 22.52%
  • More current female facial customization (not the same face (not pattern))

242 19.33%
  • More current male customization (fur colors, faces, hair, etc.)

175 13.98%
  • Idc, as long as the females don't derp around anymore.

498 39.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    crowley's daughter is still human (and the queen & princess iirc).
    As I pointed out over at the awful forums: if Mia and Tess had been worgen, they'd have gotten fuzzy under stress. And they were on quite a bit of stress on the trip from Gilneas to Teldrassil.

That's a deliberate understatement, for the record. Considering that they're nowhere to be found in-game, many a sigh of relief was breathed when they were still alive at the end of "Lord of His Pack." (But cue lots of jokes about Tess going out and deliberately getting herself cursed as an act of rebellion—or, alternately, in order to be more like Daddy.)
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2012-04-27 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    As I pointed out over at the awful forums: if Mia and Tess had been worgen, they'd have gotten fuzzy under stress. And they were on quite a bit of stress on the trip from Gilneas to Teldrassil.

That's a deliberate understatement, for the record. Considering that they're nowhere to be found in-game, many a sigh of relief was breathed when they were still alive at the end of "Lord of His Pack." (But cue lots of jokes about Tess going out and deliberately getting herself cursed as an act of rebellion—or, alternately, in order to be more like Daddy.)
    While I'm up for at least one even slightly important female Worgen character surfacing in the lore I doubt it'll be anyone in the Greymane family unless there's some estranged, badass daughter off somewhere. In Warcraft characters need to be sort of competent fighters to get a chance at lore stardom, Mia and Tess aren't (as far as we know). Odds are it'll be Lorna feeling guilty about her dad having to call off the Gilneas Liberation Front because of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    The fact that they've sort of owned up to it at this point makes me think we'll see something down the road for them
    Wait, they actually said something about the model? When was this?
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Wait, they actually said something about the model? When was this?
    At least twice now there's been Blue posts where they've flat-out said "we realise we made mistakes with the female Worgen/people are unhappy with it." I don't use Blue-finders so I wouldn't know how to bring them up for you, but one was fairly recent (within the last month about, and I think in reference to the female Pandaren) while the other was from a while ago.

I don't think they've ever said anything similar about any other races, even if popular opinion puts some in the ugly corner. Well, "popular" opinion. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    In Warcraft characters need to be sort of competent fighters to get a chance at lore stardom, Mia and Tess aren't (as far as we know).
    Tess is fairly young, and there is the concept of "taking a level in badass." Especially if she got cursed.

Stood in the Fire Flufflemonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to let this thread die! KEEP POSTING! And we were kinda getting off topic here...
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

i heard a rumor that the wall eyes were fixed in the beta

Last edited by starlord; 2012-05-03 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

I can't see very much of a difference. The eye sockets are placed too far on the sides of the head so even if they indeed made the irises point forwards, the socket position is still incorrect.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

Screenie I've taken before MoP Beta

... Nope. They still look wall-eyed to me.
    Last edited by Seyna Starstrider; 2012-05-03 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flufflemonster View Post
    I can't see very much of a difference. The eye sockets are placed too far on the sides of the head so even if they indeed made the irises point forwards, the socket position is still incorrect.
    yeah but at least theyre working on it i guess

idk, i couldnt really tell either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that the OP understands that this thread is strictly hypothetical and not "eventual". It's certainly a subject worthy of debate, but not under the context of impacting real change. Blizzard has only ever referred to reactions to the Worgen models with tones of derision.

OT: I prefer the models that made it on live 2 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I hope that the OP understands that this thread is strictly hypothetical and not "eventual". It's certainly a subject worthy of debate, but not under the context of impacting real change. Blizzard has only ever referred to reactions to the Worgen models with tones of derision.
    But we're ready for a change, and we're discussing what could be done to make the female Worgen better.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flufflemonster View Post
    But we're ready for a change, and we're discussing what could be done to make the female Worgen better.
    I respect that. My message is merely not to get your hopes up. Blizzard hasn't taken kindly to the criticism yet.

I really wish they would just bring back the early beta models.

That rogue at the start I always thought was the coolest, I was really looking forward to playing her.

The Rogue's kinda creepy to be honest, the dark fur with the glowing yellow eyes. Though it could be just because I'm seeing it from farther away.

Are the Beta's legs more slopey than the live model's? Something seems...longer about them.

Blizzard has only ever referred to reactions to the Worgen models with tones of derision.
    Source? Because I seem to recall a few comments that were evasive, but none that were at all "derisive" towards fan reactions. (Never mind that it'd be unprofessional as hell for them to make fun of their players.)

The Rogue's kinda creepy to be honest, the dark fur with the glowing yellow eyes. Though it could be just because I'm seeing it from farther away.

Are the Beta's legs more slopey than the live model's? Something seems...longer about them.
    the torso was a little more compact, that might be what you're seeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Source? Because I seem to recall a few comments that were evasive, but none that were at all "derisive" towards fan reactions. (Never mind that it'd be unprofessional as hell for them to make fun of their players.)
    Blue response to initial reactions:
    Bornakk:"This is beta, do I really need to lecture on forum attitude? ... Didn't think so... there is no need for 10+ threads to be made on the same topic. If you can't be constructive, don't post."

If they were considering it, they wouldn't act cagey about it. Don't get your hopes up.

Honestly, they could have kept the alpha model and modified it slightly to include a mane rather than actual hair and go from there...dunno why they didn't. The alpha model's skull structure is more lupine than it is on live. Slightly vulpine, as well. But way closer than the chihauhaun structure live has going on.

Although, even if all they were to do is change the textures to thin the snarl a little bit, pull the lips off the tip of the mouth back slightly, lose the eye shadow and lashes, and tilt the eyes a little bit more downwards then they'd at least look slightly better, nevermind the weird structure of the skull.

Deleted
    Blue response to initial reactions:
    Bornakk:"This is beta, do I really need to lecture on forum attitude? ... Didn't think so... there is no need for 10+ threads to be made on the same topic. If you can't be constructive, don't post."

If they were considering it, they wouldn't act cagey about it. Don't get your hopes up.
    That post only tells me that they wanted 1 constructive topic and not a hundred of them (with 3-4 pages).

Sabredragon, its what many of us asked to ourselves too, they totally changed the head design, and with very little time to test/fix it and see the community reaction (a reaction that Blizzard itself recogniced to be very bad).

The Live model lacks of "real" customization (and the Alpha has the same problem, but at least, the difference on the eyes gave a sensation of different expresions, something that Live doesnt have), evey face is the same, with the same expresion and, that customization slot, only comparable the Female NE "face markings". And the more disturbing thing is that the head structure doesnt even resemble a wolf at all.

Adding the Alpha model as face option (along with the actual one on Live servers) would fix this a bit, giving a true customization option for the face.

Yeah, that's why I think she looks awesome. She looks crazy!