Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Getting Around the 50k Transfer Gold Cap

Howdy.

I want to transfer my character and I need to turn about 30k into something material that I can easily sell after the transfer to regain said gold without losing any.

Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

The mounts are the most efficient way to do large amounts (Vial of the Sands, previously [though perhaps still relevant] Motorcycles from Engineering, etc.). Some pets may work for smaller amounts also, I'd recommend looking at prices on both realms though to have an idea, as if you invest 40k for something that sells for 30k on the new realm, that might not be so desirable for you. You could always do mass amounts of trade goods that will be easy sales, but that could be tedious.

Deleted
    An often used method would be vial of the sands. If u know a crafter that is, else u prolly would lose some due to tips here and there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, i would compare the auction houses on both servers and see if there is some profit to be made Try looking at the enchanting materials or like ItZMuRdA said, mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    5,000g Fortune Cards. Guaranteed same buy and sell retail value. Prices of items can vary from server. 5,000g vendor price is the same everywhere.

Make a toon on the new server you are going to. Check the Ah and see what is selling that costs more than on your current server. Ore is always good seller. I used truegold when i made a server hop. Picked up about 85k worth on my old server and sold them for a total of around 112k.
    I think the whole front office — or at least a good chunk of it — was obsessed with Crawford. I blame Varitek and Mirabelli, because every time the Sox played the Rays, Crawford would single, steal second, steal third, steal home, then come out of the dugout and steal first, then steal second and third on one pitch, then reverse-steal second again just so he could steal third and home on the following pitch. - Michael Schur

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    5,000g Fortune Cards. Guaranteed same buy and sell retail value. Prices of items can vary from server. 5,000g vendor price is the same everywhere.
    This is a brilliant idea, getting them seems to be something of an issue though, people either rush to vendor them right way or think I'm trying to pull one over on them.
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Deleted
    Essence of Destruction, Epic gems, Inferno rubies. Anything with solid resale potential. High vendorers are also a good option but only the 3 cards of 1k+

I've been selling fortune cookie results for about 10-15% over price for people to transfer servers/factions and people know to come to me for just such a service.

Hrm. I never realized how much of a faction discrepancy exists on my server. There doesn't seem to anything I can buy and sell later without losing an insane amount of gold.

I may just have to dump the 30k on an alt and suck it up.

Why not just buy a guild bank and do a guild transfer ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Why not just buy a guild bank and do a guild transfer ?
    This is your best option. The transfer gold cap inside a guild bank is much much higher than a toon's cap. Plus u can store a lot in there. Guild needs to be lvl 2 to be able to xfer.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

get the fortune cards that sell for 5k each!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Compare the ah as said above and see what looks like good value. there might be a nice proft in it for you. At the end of an expansion its hard to see what really sells anymore as trade has fallen.
    If someone else you know is transfering then get them to carry money across for you. I did hat wuth a whole guild. Id look at the price of maelstrom crystal greater celesials and wepon enchants. 30k isnt much to convert.

Obviously you need to compare your old realm vs your new one;
    Greater Celestial Esscense
    Eternal air
    Queen's Garnet
    Vial of the sands
    Boe gear
    Rare 3k+ gold pets
    If you are a tailor see what you can do with dreamcloth
    If your old server is cheap and your new server crowded and expensive you could scan your AH for a couple of days and disenchant vanilla gear
    Eternal ess etc sells ALOT on crowded servers

Power torrent, Landslide, 20 stats are sure sellers and you could brint 1 or 2 stacks from each

Assuming you have over 300 spots in your bags and bank you could easily take over all your gold
    easily said = Power Torrent valued @ 1k, 20 per stack = 20k per slot X300 = 6m
    Obviously you wont sell that many PT''s but you get the idea
    Check your old and new server and take on anything that isn't a big loss
    Try to craft yourself as much as possible to lower the costs
    Last edited by niteline; 2012-03-19 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    This is your best option. The transfer gold cap inside a guild bank is much much higher than a toon's cap. Plus u can store a lot in there. Guild needs to be lvl 2 to be able to xfer.
    I transferred around 900k this way, there are a few things to note with this though.

1. It costs a little more then normal transfer.
    2. You need to be GM 7-ish days before you can do it.
    3. Think you had to have an authenticator attached to account too.

what is gold cap with guild transfer? 1m or higher?
    Frost mages have been given one additional snare effect, so that they will be brought up to the level of other classes (combined).

Quote Originally Posted by Zipas View Post
    what is gold cap with guild transfer? 1m or higher?
    The cap was 1 million in November, but I don't believe it has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy BoE gear for future alts

Quote Originally Posted by Harmloos View Post
    Essence of Destruction, Epic gems, Inferno rubies. Anything with solid resale potential. High vendorers are also a good option but only the 3 cards of 1k+
    Pretty much what i did when i had to drop to 50k.