Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    In many heroic boss fights any damage the healers can do is significant. Calling the damage negligible is bad especially when you don't know what it will hit for at level 90. I do think the cast time is too long, making it an instant should not make it too powerful. It also helps on the short duration. Instant cast makes the downtime only 4 sec, something I feel is just the right amount. I'm not sure another AoE, conal or otherwise, is something Elemental and Enhancement need nor is it something I think Restoration needs. I do feel like the only way to make Elemental Blast attractive for Restoration without nerfing the other two talents or making it heal is to make it instant cast and maybe increase the buff to 7-8%.

Do we know if the stat it boosts is random or does it pick whichever you have the most of? The latter is preferable but if the stat trend now for Restoration is the same in MoP it wont matter which it picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    Do we know if the stat it boosts is random or does it pick whichever you have the most of? The latter is preferable but if the stat trend now for Restoration is the same in MoP it wont matter which it picks.
    We have 0 idea. No one has tested this outside of Blizzard.

That's why I made the point of.. ya know... it's stupid to complain about something that no one has tested. Especially since no one has any idea of how most of the ability works.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post

That's why I made the point of.. ya know... it's stupid to complain about something that no one has tested. Especially since no one has any idea of how most of the ability works.
    Well considering all similar effects it should pick the highest one though. so it's a very possible probability.

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Well considering all similar effects it should pick the highest one though. so it's a very possible probability.
    Absolutely. I never said it was out of the question.

My main point on this whole thing is just stopping the 100% assumption of truth when we clearly have 0 evidence of how this ability works at all outside of a really vague tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna crack up when these talents are all released and it just so happens that Elemental Blast is fuckin TITS (and everyone ends up using it instead of the other 2 options) what with all the complaining I've already seen about it :-P
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post

No one is crying or complaining....just talking about how to maybe improve the spell to have more benefit for Resto, and just make it a more attractive spell in general. For a lvl 90 spell I'm sure the damage will be good, but yes we don't know how the buff will work. I'm not really discussing the numbers for damage, or how much it buffs.....more so the mechanics, cd and duration.

Complaining would be more like "This spell sucks, its useless" and not "This should do more for Resto"....people said the same thing about Primal Ele till it got the healing buff. I'm not assuming anything, just throwing out some ideas. I am sure the spell will change by the time they release the lvl 90 talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    In many heroic boss fights any damage the healers can do is significant. Calling the damage negligible is bad especially when you don't know what it will hit for at level 90. I do think the cast time is too long, making it an instant should not make it too powerful. It also helps on the short duration. Instant cast makes the downtime only 4 sec, something I feel is just the right amount. I'm not sure another AoE, conal or otherwise, is something Elemental and Enhancement need nor is it something I think Restoration needs. I do feel like the only way to make Elemental Blast attractive for Restoration without nerfing the other two talents or making it heal is to make it instant cast and maybe increase the buff to 7-8%.
    I highly doubt it would be instant, unless you use it with Ancestral swiftness of course. A high damage spell usually isn't instant, and if they did make it instant it's damage would get nerfed which would defeat the purpose. And yea, healer damage def does help in heroic fights, every bit counts. But like I said, if we have spare gcds we will prob be using em on LB for mana which will most likely be tight in raids. I can't really see Resto using EB just for the buff, or the damage....it'll have to have some healing/mana component to be of some value.

Perhaps right now what we see is simply the base spell, and it will behave differently for each spec.....something like this:

Resto- Returns a % of damage back as mana if cast on enemy, or if cast on ally will heal instead of damage, and apply % of the heal as a hot that ticks for 15 sec

Enhance- Can be used with MW5, will also apply a 21 sec dot for % of the damage done

Elemental- When cast on enemy, will also apply a 21 sec dot for % of the damage done

I'm thinking 15 sec cd would work better in a rotation (damage scaled to match of course). The spec specific effects are nothing special, basically just an extra dot or hot.....and possibly another source of mana regen for Resto. But I think that's all it would take to make this a unique spell that will add some flavor to the rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    I highly doubt it would be instant, unless you use it with Ancestral swiftness of course. A high damage spell usually isn't instant, and if they did make it instant it's damage would get nerfed which would defeat the purpose. And yea, healer damage def does help in heroic fights, every bit counts. But like I said, if we have spare gcds we will prob be using em on LB for mana which will most likely be tight in raids. I can't really see Resto using EB just for the buff, or the damage....it'll have to have some healing/mana component to be of some value.

I'm willing to bet that Light's Hammer, Holy Prism, and Executioner Sentence all do high damage, and remain instant cast.

I like the optional DPS talents for resto. I can just think of an encounter like spine needing a huge amount of burst. Resto could pick the elemental talent and help with the burst. I still think it's lacking a big healer CD though like the pally one. For both the DPS and healer aspects. I would love to be able to contribute to the raid when I am enhance by popping a healing CD like Lights Hammer. Instead of being tunneled into the DPS talents. I think the same should apply for resto. Have a cookie cutter option for normal play (the UE one). Have a DPS burst option that resto and the dps specs can use for those fights that need it and have a nice healer CD/option that all specs can use for when the fight requires it.

Well of course there is AScendance Gray_Matter.. But that isnt a talent of course.. I can totally follow you with the lack of a healing bursty talent in our tree. Shamans in general never realy had one of those "pop this and spam the crap outa the crappers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    Well of course there is AScendance Gray_Matter.. But that isnt a talent of course.. I can totally follow you with the lack of a healing bursty talent in our tree. Shamans in general never realy had one of those "pop this and spam the crap outa the crappers"
    My hassle with ascendence is that it's linked to the spec so I can't, as enhance or elemental, use the healing version. I often see elementals being asked to off heal a bit for some fights and I often do the same as enhance with HR and CH. I would love to have a CD I could spec into to help save the day on DW, for example with the bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    My hassle with ascendence is that it's linked to the spec so I can't, as enhance or elemental, use the healing version. I often see elementals being asked to off heal a bit for some fights and I often do the same as enhance with HR and CH. I would love to have a CD I could spec into to help save the day on DW, for example with the bolt.
    Isn't that the point of Tier 5 (level 75) talents, though? Allow a dps spec to essentially sacrifice a quick GCD for a significant healing boost while you still get to dps?

- Drop HST (1 GCD) and continue to dps -- heal the raid.
    - Hit AG (1 GCD) and continue to dps -- heal the raid.

Since the Enh version of Ascendance will be a pretty solid dps boost (no more armor mitigation + scales with Mastery), you could use it in conjunction with AG for even bigger heals if you so please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    There's always tier 5. Ancestral Guidance, Conductivity, and HTT will add quite a bit of utility to Elemental Shaman if they stay in.